News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins Review: Special 2019/20 Season Commemorative Edition

Author Topic: Robins Review: Special 2019/20 Season Commemorative Edition  (Read 2452 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Robins Review: Special 2019/20 Season Commemorative Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 01:25:44 PM »

The football club has become infinitely better at marketing and promotion lately (full credit to those involved!), so it is a shame to see this fall through the cracks - thanks for sharing it!

I also notice that the club is selling a range of "homeware" items in the new online shop which look fantastic - but it took me maybe third or fourth time of looking at the shop to spot them (when browsing on a smart phone) so thought I'd mention them here too! : )

https://altydirect.com/collections/homeware

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »

It's purely because we aren't in a position to 'push' this just yet -what with everything that's going out at the moment, but this will be heavily promoted very soon with everyone having ample time to get an order in.

The launch of the new site and the home shirt meant it may have got lost a bit if we shouted about it now.

The football club has become infinitely better at marketing and promotion lately (full credit to those involved!), so it is a shame to see this fall through the cracks - thanks for sharing it!

I also notice that the club is selling a range of "homeware" items in the new online shop which look fantastic - but it took me maybe third or fourth time of looking at the shop to spot them (when browsing on a smart phone) so thought I'd mention them here too! : )

https://altydirect.com/collections/homeware

Cheers, Freddie!

What device are you browsing the site on? The Homeware section is in the desktop and mobile menus.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 02:19:33 PM »

It is a Samsung S8 mate (time for an upgrade haha) but I think the problem was with me and not the device - I think either I was clicking hyperlinks that took me straight to the new replica kit, or that I was just heavily distracted by it!

Now that I bothered to scroll down, the homeware section is really obvious and clearly visible, I just thought that other people might have missed it too.  ;D

Once again, great effort from yourself and all others involved!

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 09:04:18 PM »

Think the 'coordinates' poster is fantastic, dead cool. I'll get one of it.

About 5/10 years ago there was a series of 'next fixture' posters (online only) that were absolutely brilliant. I remember chess pieces for Bishop Stortford, and a tram to Droylsden. If the genius graphic designer who created them is still around (and hasn't lost his/ her touch) perhaps they could, please, return for the forthcoming season. And make available as actual posters to buy. I'd buy all/ most/ several but, more importantly, so would loads of other people.

If the original collection is available to view somewhere I'd really appreciate the coordinates.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 11:12:51 PM »

About 5/10 years ago there was a series of 'next fixture' posters (online only) that were absolutely brilliant. I remember chess pieces for Bishop Stortford, and a tram to Droylsden. If the genius graphic designer who created them is still around (and hasn't lost his/ her touch) perhaps they could, please, return for the forthcoming season. And make available as actual posters to buy. I'd buy all/ most/ several but, more importantly, so would loads of other people.

If the original collection is available to view somewhere I'd really appreciate the coordinates.

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm still here albeit running Kings of The Golf Road rather than social media for the club. I stopped doing them during the season of shame.

There are plans in motion to revive this series for the upcoming season, through Kings of The Golf Road, but if the club want to look at using them (to promote games or sell them) then I'm happy to have a chat with them.

You can see them here:https://www.kingsofthegolfroad.co.uk/kgr-match-posters
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 07:37:11 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 06:45:17 PM »

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm still here albeit running Kings of The Golf Road rather than social media for the club.

There are plans in motion to revive this series for the upcoming season, through Kings of The Golf Road, but if the club want to look at using them (to promote games or sell them) then I'm happy to have a chat with them.

Those posters...I had forgotten how brilliant they were; so imaginative and brilliantly executed!

The I <3 NY one didn't last long though! LOLO

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 07:06:10 PM »

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm still here albeit running Kings of The Golf Road rather than social media for the club.

Those posters...I had forgotten how brilliant they were; so imaginative and brilliantly executed!

Thanks JD, much appreciated. Still a few we need to track down (Bishop Storford/Chester). Looking forward to bringing them back.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 07:27:23 PM »

Thanks JD, much appreciated. Still a few we need to track down (Bishop Storford/Chester). Looking forward to bringing them back.

Looking forward to more! Thank you for producing them!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Robins Review: Special 2019/20 Season Commemorative Edition