PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Macclesfield  (Read 35847 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Macclesfield
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2020, 10:09:33 AM »

Ripdorf ? Try saying it out load - is this game news ?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2020, 10:21:31 AM »

The thing about Bon Accord being a cricket team who entered by accident is a myth. They were just an inexperienced football team. (The cricket club sometimes mentioned wasn't formed until a month after this game).

Bon Accord is an old Scottish battle cry used for sports clubs sometimes. There's a modern club near Motherwell, Shotts Bon Accord.

Anyway...Macclesfield seem to have gone the way of the original Bon Accord club!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

CountyFan

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2020, 09:34:41 AM »

Most County fans I know quite like Alty and that's not in a condescending way, it's more a case of respect for a decent well run club, Alty fans didn't appear to delight in our demise like one or two other local clubs, I couldn't imagine us having a bitter rivalry where matchday becomes unpleasant.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »

Most County fans I know quite like Alty and that's not in a condescending way, it's more a case of respect for a decent well run club, Alty fans didn't appear to delight in our demise like one or two other local clubs, I couldn't imagine us having a bitter rivalry where matchday becomes unpleasant.

I can't see a rivalry developing between us either.

When I first started watching the Robins in the 60s, we used to play County reserves in Cheshire League matches. I remember going to Edgeley to see the Senior Cup semi final against the now defunct New Brighton and thinking what a big club you were.
I believe most Alty fans are sad to see you fall from grace but we're glad to be in the same league. The holiday games will be something to look forward to covid permitting.
Good luck this season (except against us). I, for one, hope you can do a Barrow and start to climb back.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2020, 12:26:30 PM »

County's problems, like ours decades ago, were rooted in the boardroom. Now those are squared up I can see County back in the league soon.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »

There is never any animosity between clubs, just a mutual respect. On the odd occasions when Alty have won, the Stockport fans take it on the chin. Like our fans, they are there just to watch a decent match between two local clubs. So long as it is a good entertaining game, then nothing else matters.

It really is what football should be between two local clubs, I always look forward to the two games. I am glad we are playing them over Christmas too. Lets hope Covid and the weather does not stand between all of us and what will be two intriguing games. No animosity exists between our clubs, just mutual respect. I too can see Stockport doing well this season, hopefully with us too!!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »

Strewth, I'd love to get County at home in the playoffs and see our new capacity tested.

I don't think I could ever feel any animosity towards County, I went to see them a couple of times in the days of Danny Bergara, they were a good team to watch at the time, with the likes of Brett Angell and the gangly Kevin Francis.

Anyhow, I reckon there will still be a rivalry with a reformed Macclesfield sooner or later, after all, the rivalry survived 19 years of us being in different leagues. I can't see them ending up like Northwich and Runcorn.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 08:08:51 PM by Hugh »

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2020, 09:13:34 PM »

There was a geezer on the radio from the macc supporters group. He mentioned having applied to a county level league (I was trying to pitch a tent at the time so may have got that wrong). If that's the case it could be another 19 years before our paths cross again.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2020, 10:00:05 PM »

Maistone started in the Kent county league didn't they, and Brsdford at a lower level than that . Mind you, Kirkham and Wesham rose up through the leagues fairly quickly. Of course, former non-league powerhouse clubs Stafford and Scarborogh have been stuck in the npl for years, so this could be a likely scenario for Macc. We're bound to come across them in something or other, even if only the much-maligned Cheshire cup. Still, the support base and nl structure should be enough for them to make a substantial recovery within 5-10 years, I reckon.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2020, 10:13:34 PM »

There is never any animosity between clubs, just a mutual respect. On the odd occasions when Alty have won, the Stockport fans take it on the chin. Like our fans, they are there just to watch a decent match between two local clubs. So long as it is a good entertaining game, then nothing else matters.

It really is what football should be between two local clubs, I always look forward to the two games. I am glad we are playing them over Christmas too. Lets hope Covid and the weather does not stand between all of us and what will be two intriguing games. No animosity exists between our clubs, just mutual respect. I too can see Stockport doing well this season, hopefully with us too!!

Amazing how quickly one forgets a game can be postponed due to weather!

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2020, 10:52:21 PM »

Maistone started in the Kent county league didn't they, and Brsdford at a lower level than that . Mind you, Kirkham and Wesham rose up through the leagues fairly quickly. Of course, former non-league powerhouse clubs Stafford and Scarborogh have been stuck in the npl for years, so this could be a likely scenario for Macc. We're bound to come across them in something or other, even if only the much-maligned Cheshire cup. Still, the support base and nl structure should be enough for them to make a substantial recovery within 5-10 years, I reckon.

Phoenix or fans' clubs do seem to get a few rapid promotions, then reach a level where they struggle to get any higher. Unlike Maidstone, Bradford and Scarborough, however, a new Macc club should be able to play at the council-owned Moss Rose, so, I agree, they could make faster progress than most, as they wouldn't have to divert effort to getting a stadium in their home town.

This all assumes there isn't some attempt , however dubious, to keep the original club going which splits the fans, as has happened at Bury.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2020, 10:34:10 AM »

I don't know how reliable it is, but there is talk on the Macc forum that the council is no great lover of MTFC and if they go pop it would validate the lease. The fear is that the ground will then become council property without the caveat of preserving it for sports and it could be flattened to make way for a bypass on the Leek road and a lot of social housing.
One of the many rumours flying around.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »

I don't know how reliable it is, but there is talk on the Macc forum that the council is no great lover of MTFC and if they go pop it would validate the lease. The fear is that the ground will then become council property without the caveat of preserving it for sports and it could be flattened to make way for a bypass on the Leek road and a lot of social housing.
One of the many rumours flying around.

My reading of all this is that should the company go into liquidation then the ground lease ends. At that point the council would have to  make a very hard, cold decision about the future of moss rose. Post covid19 they'll need money, they'll want to boost the local economy with infrastruture projects, and with housing being the obvious choice they can ease the housing shortage at the same time.

In my view it's all gone at the liquidation stage, I think that's the next legal step.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2020, 02:23:46 PM »

Report on the radio said it's not yet clear if this means liquidation and receivership or if they'll be allowed to appeal. So it may not be all over quite yet.

I think that's dead wrong. The next step is for MTFC Ltd to be removed from Cos House. The Court then appoints an Official Reciever to act as a Liquidator to wind up the company and then see if the creditors can be paid what they're owing. There's no appeal process, that's it.

R5 saying they have five days to either pay the debt or appeal the decision. Only then will they be liquidated.

Just a reminder that Macc have definitely gone.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2020, 03:05:13 PM »

Report on the radio said it's not yet clear if this means liquidation and receivership or if they'll be allowed to appeal. So it may not be all over quite yet.

I think that's dead wrong. The next step is for MTFC Ltd to be removed from Cos House. The Court then appoints an Official Reciever to act as a Liquidator to wind up the company and then see if the creditors can be paid what they're owing. There's no appeal process, that's it.

R5 saying they have five days to either pay the debt or appeal the decision. Only then will they be liquidated.

Just a reminder that Macc have definitely gone.

Not until tomorrow I thought?* Knowing them, something will turn up.

*by that I mean after midnight tonight 😉
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 03:09:26 PM by Saughall Robin »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macclesfield