PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gatherings of more than 6 banned in England
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gatherings of more than 6 banned in England  (Read 6694 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 08, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »

on BBC news, I think I heard that right. Exemptions include "some team sports".

Does this mean we can forget about watching Alty at Nantwich then, or will exemptions include crowds of up to 600 for a step 3 club?

I make no apologies for repeating that this madness has to stop, or it will be devastating for football and quite a lot of other things besides.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gatherings of more than 6 banned in England
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:01:13 PM »

on BBC news, I think I heard that right. Exemptions include "some team sports".

Does this mean we can forget about watching Alty at Nantwich then, or will exemptions include crowds of up to 600 for a step 3 club?

I make no apologies for repeating that this madness has to stop, or it will be devastating for football and quite a lot of other things besides.

Yes

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 11:07:59 PM »

The ban doesn’t kick in until Monday so Nantwich should be ok.
If all the tossers who insist in ignoring the social distancing measures then this sh*t will keep happening until the penny drops.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 11:30:21 PM »

Why are we more likely to get C19 on Monday than Saturday?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 11:49:09 PM »

It’s a no brainer JD. People are ignoring social distancing guidelines.  This really is an unprecedented situation.
I’m going to Nantwich on Saturday . What I won’t be doing is standing next to anybody other than my partner whilst I’m there.

If the numbers keep climbing new cases etc, then things will revert back to  the way things were in April and May.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:05:21 AM by distancetraveller »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 12:03:42 AM »

Distancettraveller, apparently it's called a "casedemic", frankly I'm not interested in "cases" (often assymptomatic or triggered by remnants of dead virus etc.), only fatalities, and if this bug becomes less virulent and herd immunity is reached, more cases cease to matter much. Also worth noting, Peru locked down hard and early, and has the highest death rate in the world (apart from Italian village San Marino, I think), compare and contrast with Sweden. Our authorities have simply got it wrong. And it really is a pity I have to return to this subject, I wanted to talk about Macc in May (if they;re allowed to start the season).

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 12:15:05 AM »

Distancettraveller, apparently it's called a "casedemic", frankly I'm not interested in "cases" (often assymptomatic or triggered by remnants of dead virus etc.), only fatalities, and if this bug becomes less virulent and herd immunity is reached, more cases cease to matter much. Also worth noting, Peru locked down hard and early, and has the highest death rate in the world (apart from Italian village San Marino, I think), compare and contrast with Sweden. Our authorities have simply got it wrong. And it really is a pity I have to return to this subject, I wanted to talk about Macc in May (if they;re allowed to start the season).

It's not less virulent. We have got better at managing it through hand washing, social distancing, lockdowns and medication. We're heading towards widespread full-on lockdown if people carry on as they have done over the summer. Don't misread death rates falling as a signifier of less virulence, there's many reasons for that (younger people testing positive, meds, PPE ec).

I'm a full on optimist for a vaccine earlier than expected, but for this winter everybody's going to feel some pain in their lives one way or another.

I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd put it on a February 2021 vaccine rollout.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:23:53 AM by Back Roads »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 12:29:43 AM »

Of course, this is disputed by some, and from what I've heard, these viruses have a tendency to become less virulent over time as a sheer matter of survival. And apparently the course of the virus has followed pretty much the same pattern in many different countries. But why on Earth are we only hearing talk about vaccines rather than nutritional solutions like vitamins c and d3? (Well actually I think we all know the answer is money). Anyway, you agree then that the actions of the authorities thus far imply that we will be in and out of lockdown permanently if no effective vaccine is found (and it's by no means guaranteed)? That'll be fun!

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 11:32:54 AM »

Pubs are still open just can’t go in groups of more than 6 so presumably football grounds can still open as long as we don’t go in groups of more than 6?  If not we are back to the madness of the playoffs where we could stand 2m apart on the terrace outside but could sit 1m apart in the pub to watch it!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 12:08:42 PM »

I am going to try and go on Saturday, I will of course social distance and also wear an Alty face-mask.

Jezza

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 01:02:21 PM »

few weeks ago death rates were in the half dozen a day....last two days in the 30s.....cases gone from 500 to 3000....its a steep curve.

With the ashton friendly falling foul not being the only example of a game being cancelled because a family member of a player was track and traced yo0u can see cup competions especially falling into chaos.

Vaccine needed ASAP...until then we will swing between locking down and lifting restrictions without too much logic applied...

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 05:14:34 PM »

Ollie Bayliss is saying 'Plans for crowds in Elite Sport (Step 2 & up) have been delayed'

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1303716731249217536

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 08:15:27 PM »

I go by the evidence of such as the ONS (1.1% of all deaths are those WITH C19) and the Oxford Uni Centre for EVIDENCE Based medicine and MOT the government.

Amazing how, most of the time people generally say how you cannot trust a word governments say and how they always lie...but now they are taking in every word.

Meanwhile the increase in cases increases in parallel with the increase in tests, and I would not take one day of 30 deaths (still less than flu, suicide, pneumonia and any number of cancers) as any great indication as the previous days from the 1st Aug were 11 10 16 15 6 9 12 14 8 13
10 7 9 7 13 4 12 9 2 7
7 7 12 7 12 11 7 9 5 6
4 8 7 6 10 9 13 8 6 (From https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deaths)

As long as we keep careful distancing and regular washing/sanitizing there really should be no issues, as Sweden has shown.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:29:52 PM by JD »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 11:30:55 PM »

Biting my lip to avoid getting involved in the politics with the misogynists, I will stick to the football.

Ollie Bayliss has since said that he expects two of the test events to take place - a game at Cambridge United and the non-League Finals day, but both limited to crowds of 1000, which I am sure is lower than before. I expect any further increase in crowds will be gradual, so I fear the start to our season will be delayed, or, perhaps not ,but with a very limited crowd. At least our first home games are not ones to attract large numbers of away supporters.

At lower levels, football continues as before, so the FA Cup will take place this weekend (apart from matches which are called off because of Covid-19 suspected infections - Carlton Town already is off) as will our friendly at Nantwich. As Jezza says, though, games are always liable to being called off until we gwt any vaccine.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 07:14:07 AM »

Biting my lip to avoid getting involved in the politics with the misogynists, I will stick to the football.

Ollie Bayliss has since said that he expects two of the test events to take place - a game at Cambridge United and the non-League Finals day, but both limited to crowds of 1000, which I am sure is lower than before. I expect any further increase in crowds will be gradual, so I fear the start to our season will be delayed, or, perhaps not ,but with a very limited crowd. At least our first home games are not ones to attract large numbers of away supporters.

At lower levels, football continues as before, so the FA Cup will take place this weekend (apart from matches which are called off because of Covid-19 suspected infections - Carlton Town already is off) as will our friendly at Nantwich. As Jezza says, though, games are always liable to being called off until we gwt any vaccine.

It said on the radio after Cambridge’s first test event against Fulham u21s the Cambridge crowd for Saturday would be 2,500 including 1500 season ticket holders but no away fans. So I don’t know how they decide who gets in now.  Ballot presumably
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team