PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Playing next season

Poll

Will next season be played on time and as scheduled?

yes
- 5 (16.7%)
will start on time but some matches will be cancelled
- 9 (30%)
will start but later be cancelled
- 4 (13.3%)
will start late but then run as scheduled
- 6 (20%)
will start late with some matches cancelled
- 4 (13.3%)
will not start at all
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Playing next season  (Read 19004 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Playing next season
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 06:32:06 PM »

Good old JD, copy/pasting his conspiracy nonsense across multiple threads now.
Have you forgotten about the off-topic thread created for you and Hugh?

The stats are all from ONS! No conspiracy theories, just facts and the opinions of highly regarded scientists.

If you can't handle the truth...!

"But it will infuriate sports governing bodies that insist it is much safer for fans to be in highly regulated, socially-distanced often open-air venues and stadiums than watching on the TV in pubs for instance.

They are not aware of any data or research which proves the return of fans would increase transmission. And they point to the fact that countries like Germany are allowing thousands of fans back inside grounds."

There are other, equally respected scientists who take the opposite view and say the government should be doing more.

What's not open to dispute is that you are swamping what's meant to be a football forum with your 'here's what I reckon', amateur-hour epidemiology. Please stop it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 06:36:25 PM »

The stats are all from ONS! No conspiracy theories, just facts and the opinions of highly regarded scientists.

"But it will infuriate sports governing bodies that insist it is much safer for fans to be in highly regulated, socially-distanced often open-air venues and stadiums than watching on the TV in pubs for instance.

They are not aware of any data or research which proves the return of fans would increase transmission. And they point to the fact that countries like Germany are allowing thousands of fans back inside grounds."

There are other, equally respected scientists who take the opposite view and say the government should be doing more.

What's not open to dispute is that you are swamping what's meant to be a football forum with your 'here's what I reckon', amateur-hour epidemiology. Please stop it.

Totally agree, that's what the link below is for...

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=24827.0

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 06:49:22 PM »

Not what "I reckon" what others are telling us

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 06:52:52 PM »

Not what "I reckon" what others are telling us

I reckon you're on the wrong thread.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 07:06:55 PM »

Why don’t you two post on the COVID thread ffs it’s getting a bit of a bore now.
Things are what they are due to a virus NOT of any Governmental shenanigans.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2020, 07:19:09 PM »

If we can have packed supermarkets going for months with no protection during the peak of the issue (no cases I know of in the company I work for with almost 500 branches) - and that is indoors, then the government has to realise that the risk, as was in Dan Roan's report, has to be lower.

Cos we cannot play without the fans!

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 07:34:33 PM »

If we can have packed supermarkets going for months with no protection during the peak of the issue (no cases I know of in the company I work for with almost 500 branches) - and that is indoors, then the government has to realise that the risk, as was in Dan Roan's report, has to be lower.

Cos we cannot play without the fans!

Jesus please go away to the other thread you are becoming a pest now
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2020, 10:16:24 PM »

Sorry if it has already been posted, and I have missed it among all the OT nonsense, but the National League are having a board meeting on Thursday, after which we should have more idea of the plans for the new season.  They have been adamant so far that the season would not start without fans, but, who knows, that might change, especially with televised fixtures already scheduled.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2020, 10:31:28 PM »

Realistically there's little hope of fans in before the end of March - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745

Options.
A) Start on 3/10 with fans paying to see streamed games.
B) I can't see a viable plan B.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2020, 11:10:24 PM »

I see the first team forum has also been" polluted" with stuff that should be on the Altrincham fc Ladies team forum.   ;)
And in other off topic news, apparently Everton are asking eighty million pounds for a player - I wonder how that business model would work given the way things are going.

Sorry but some of us are just really angry about all this business, and with the possible cancellation of the season there looks like being no first team football anyway. Maybe we can just talk about our favourite seasons from the past for the next few months. 90/91 for me. Obviously.

I wonder if professional football will ever recover from all this. Maybe we should have a new poll - how many national league teams will survive this, perhaps, or when will we be allowed to see our second match since March.

And for the record, JD is pretty much bang on.

I've tried with the ot forum, I really have, but it just doesn't get used in the same way as Chester's - no post since May before "my" thread, and I can't change that on my own.

Good old "London" Alty  ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 12:48:59 AM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 11:18:13 PM »

It seems to me that pay for view TV is the only way forward unless NL gets reclassified as non elite sport where these restrictions currently dont seem to apply ?
Agree on PPV. It might work well as many teams would get more away fans paying to watch games on TV than turning up in person.
The definition of elite sport was widened to include NLN and NLS to facilitate playoffs so it's quite unlikely that the decision would be changed in the opposite direction. Whether the 5th tier of football should ever be considered elite is another matter entirely.
Oh well if ppv might work perhaps it should be no fans permanently, after all, we'll be safer, especially if we're playing Chester for example.  :) And just out of interest, what has the elite or otherwise status of Oxford City got to do with saving lives? I reckon you agree really that some of these rules are nonsense!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 11:46:45 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 12:45:37 AM »

Sorry about those last two posts. Before "London" Alty started again, I was going to say that those heady days when half of us thought the season would start on time seem a long way off now. From 1000 Middlesbrough fans roaring their team on, to this, in just three days! Before today's bombshell announcement, I was going to quote the nlp story that npl crowds might go back to fifteen per cent of minimum capacity for the step (as our old friend Mark Harris said, we are on a knife edge) and extrapolate this to a similar position for the nl, which would mean a capacity of about 600 as I understand it, which could possibly have been less than season ticket sales. Of course 600 would not be much better than playing behind closed doors for the likes of Notts County (and not brilliant for us) but technically be a return of fans as per the nl's previous statement, but I guess that is a moot point now.

Whilst there is talk of no return of fans til March or beyond, technically this is just a pause as I understand, and so I assume the nl might consider it worth their while starting the season with ppv to at least gauge whether this is viable, especially if they are given to understand that there is still a possibility of a return of fans this side of Christmas. At any rate, it seems that any start of the nl, at least in the next month or two will have to be ppv only. If it could work, after a fashion, for the playoffs, one would hope that something could be arranged for the regular season - though whether people will still be willing or able to spend the money in sufficient numbers with the way things are going to allow all nl teams to survive whatever passes for the season is another matter!

And as a final point, I think it might be a good thing if we could all lighten up a bit, after all, we have just got promoted, the stayaways have got their wish, the future is looking bright, and together we can make it a successful one, and we can do it for Ecky, who would have put up with worse than me for the good of the club!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 01:02:01 AM by Hugh »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »

If I knew that all the games would be live streamed I would buy my season ticket and the club would get revenue from me whether I was in the ground or not. So if something can be put together in the next ten days by all clubs then there's no reason why the season can't start on time. Long shot though it is.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 09:45:30 AM »

Without fans the only sustainable way is live streaming/donations.

I'd gladly pay the entrance fee to watch via Alty tv. Whether the club is geared up for this I don't know.

Full time and proud of it

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 10:55:05 AM »

I'd like to think that live streaming is a possibility but how many other NL clubs produce the consistently excellent quality service we get from Alty TV? If paid subscription live streaming were to work, there would need to be some quality guarantees across the board and that might mean more cost to clubs to bring their service up to scratch in a time when money is so tight. I'd certainly buy into such a service if it was available.

Paul
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Playing next season