PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Triallists  (Read 6209 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Triallists
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 09:02:00 AM »

I've  no idea where we stand with Lundstram or any other potential loanees
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »

We usually get kept in the loop on things but I'd be very surprised if we learned anything substantial until PP has run the rule over them properly. I'd expect to know definitely before the Fylde or the Salford game when Parkie's first choice eleven should be on display.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 10:11:16 AM »

I'm not actually sure Lundstram was ever on the cards for 2020/21 to be honest, it was only hope that kept his name in the mix really? Fair play to Crewe for allowing him to come back and complete the job here, but he's a great young prospect for them and they clearly want to have him around the first team squad - at least for now. Time to move on I think.

That said, I agree there appears to be a Lundstram shaped hole in our squad. He took us up a level and without him I do fear we may miss what he provided for us. Then again, it's on Willo now to step up and make that role his again. We're 180 minutes into pre-season. Let's see what happens and how we progress.

Moving on to last night's trialists, I thought the right back, Joel Senior, was really impressive particularly in the first half. I'd like to see him again.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 10:17:12 AM »

I'm not actually sure Lundstram was ever on the cards for 2020/21 to be honest, it was only hope that kept his name in the mix really? Fair play to Crewe for allowing him to come back and complete the job here, but he's a great young prospect for them and they clearly want to have him around the first team squad - at least for now. Time to move on I think.

That said, I agree there appears to be a Lundstram shaped hole in our squad. He took us up a level and without him I do fear we may miss what he provided for us. Then again, it's on Willo now to step up and make that role his again. We're 180 minutes into pre-season. Let's see what happens and how we progress.

Moving on to last night's trialists, I thought the right back, Joel Senior, was really impressive particularly in the first half. I'd like to see him again.

Senior was really impressive in local football for a while before his move to Burnley. He played for Maine Road in the counties from about 16 and was considered one of their best players. He moved up to FCUM and was pretty good for them too, though I think he was sometimes deployed at wing back which didn't suit him at the time. I'd imagine the year of professional football will have done him the world of good.

What position did he play last night, do we know? I think he's mostly played right back, and I can't imagine we need a third.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »

Senior was really impressive in local football for a while before his move to Burnley. He played for Maine Road in the counties from about 16 and was considered one of their best players. He moved up to FCUM and was pretty good for them too, though I think he was sometimes deployed at wing back which didn't suit him at the time. I'd imagine the year of professional football will have done him the world of good.

What position did he play last night, do we know? I think he's mostly played right back, and I can't imagine we need a third.

He played the first 45 minutes at right back, and the final 20 or so minutes at left back, where he did seem less comfortable.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 10:31:17 AM »

He played for most of the EFL Cup win at Bolton, and came on in 75th minute for his League debut against Charlton on Saturday (replacing Owen Dale) so it's not remotely likely we will see him back at Alty. The lad did us proud, so let's hope he moves on to big things. I'm sure there'll be more quality loanees to come from Crewe in due course, but for now I'm hoping either Toby or Willo will step up to the plate.

AltyFan101

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 11:18:14 PM »

Before, I was quite hopeful about Josh returning because I think if he was to be loaned out again this season, we'd have been first choice for Crewe.  However, clearly he's impressed in pre-season and they know see him in their short-term plans at the club so fair play to the lad.  Quality player and seemed a nice guy as well.  Let's hope to see him starting regularly for them by the end of the season and maybe see him in the prem one day.  Plus, he'll be a class loanee for my Harrogate Town Fifa 21 Career Mode 😁
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Triallists