PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky downbeat after Nantwich
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Parky downbeat after Nantwich  (Read 10598 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 13, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »

Not best pleased with our performance yesterday, albeit with 2 different 11’s out in each half. Would have to agree ..we missed 2 good chances at the start of the 2nd half then Nantwich bossed the rest of the game. Gould made 2 brilliant saves to keep the clean sheet, looks a very accomplished keeper.

I’m sure we’ll improve our fitness and play with the remaining games, shame we can’t watch any of them. So depressing with these Rules in place, and doesn’t look great for the start of the season on 3rd October.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parky downbeat after Nantwich
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 01:36:10 PM »

To be fair, I thought that the lads who participated in most of the play offs looked quite sharp and those who didn't looked sluggish. We'll be OK.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 01:41:04 PM »

I did take a few positives from the game myself. Not least the performance of our keeper who made two stupendous saves in the 2nd half. Matt Gould looks good and will challenge Thommo and keep him on his toes. Ritchie Sutton was very steady and accomplished and looks a good acquisition for the National League. For a first friendly we were not too bad, especially with wholesale changes in the 2nd half. Yusifu took a little time to settle in, but so did other team members. I did think Dougie looked ok in the 2nd half as did the right-sided centre back behind him. Thought it was James Jones at first! The defence did not concede, due in part to Matt Gould but though we gave the ball away a little, players improved overall through the game. Though he looked a little rusty at the start, Toby became stronger as the game went on and his potential started to really show. He also played ok with Ritchie too.

When you haven't seen a live football match in over 6 months, you do appreciate it even more. The burger with cheese and bacon was delicious too!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »

If that was the performance was against Alport or Abbey Hay it'd have finished 3 or 4-0, I say that as they're our usual opening side.

Throw in Natwich have had plenty of football. We've not played since August 1st, so six weeks off and I was suprised.

We looked in decent shape, knocked it around. Sutton and Gould looked good. Couldn't say much about the others, but I'm sure Clayton will benefit from others around him.
It's all my fault.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 06:49:05 PM »

Setting the bar high.

Nowt wrong with that. 👍🔴⚪
Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 06:54:48 PM »

do we no if the full crowd will be allowed back at Altrincham yet or not ?im going to buy a season ticket anyway but like to no ?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 09:10:21 PM »

Frankly no one  knows anything for sure at the moment, as the poll on playing the season indicates. With the current scattergun approach of the authorities I wouldn't want to bet on any given outcome by October 3rd let alone through the season. I can at least quote a national paper which says ""The government have said they will review the planned return of fans on October 1 later this month" and that "test events <are> now capped at 1,000 supporters". It also says that 100m pounds is lost to football for each month without fans, which I find profoundly dispiriting given the many hours that I and others have spent over the years trying to raise a few extra pounds for the club.

I suspect that if fans are allowed back, it will at any rate be at a high enough number to allow all season ticket holders to attend. Certainly at National league level, I would think that a lot of clubs could not afford to play much of the season with crowds capped at 1000 or less - unless streaming matches etc. raises more money than I thought.

Just to be clear, the best we can reasonably hope for, certainly in October, and probably for some months beyond, is 30 per cent of current ground capacity (around 2,300 I think). The best...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:47:58 PM by Hugh »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 10:06:06 PM »

Frankly no one  knows anything for sure at the moment, as the poll on playing the season indicates. With the current scattergun approach of the authorities I wouldn't want to bet on any given outcome by October 3rd let alone through the season. I can at least quote a national paper which says ""The government have said they will review the planned return of fans on October 1 later this month" and that "test events <are> now capped at 1,000 supporters". It also says that 100m pounds is lost to football for each month without fans, which I find profoundly dispiriting given the many hours that I and others have spent over the years trying to raise a few extra pounds for the club.

I suspect that if fans are allowed back, it will at any rate be at a high enough number to allow all season ticket holders to attend. Certainly at National league level, I would think that a lot of clubs could not afford to play much of the season with crowds capped at 1000 or less - unless streaming matches etc. raises more money than I thought.

Just to be clear, the best we can reasonably hope for, certainly in October, and probably for some months beyond, is 30 per cent of current ground capacity (around 2,300 I think). The best...

At the start of this they told us you had to be inside in relatively close contact with a person to catch this thing - they have not told us anything different.

1500-2000 outside staying 3' away from each other is hardly beyond our abilities, especially in outdoor conditions.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 10:40:33 PM »

At the start of this they told us you had to be inside in relatively close contact with a person to catch this thing - they have not told us anything different.

1500-2000 outside staying 3' away from each other is hardly beyond our abilities, especially in outdoor conditions.
Do you two need to pollute every thread with your tinfoil hat nonsense?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 10:42:16 PM »

I saw a photo in the Non League Paper of the "tape on the terraces" at Margate marking  where each supporter is supposed to stand (pity the poor blighter who stuck all that down). If that was the situation, and if people stuck pretty close to it, I don't see how anyone could argue that that isn't safe (we might even be able to cheer a goal at that distance!) - but who knows what will happen now with this new "rule of 6". It's looking a long way back to normality until there's a rethink by the authorities.

Worth stating, I think, that my projection of weekly deaths in May (assuming a 20% decrease in deaths every week) is, amazingly, still pretty much on track - it had us on 72 deaths for the week to 8th September - actual deaths for the week to yesterday - 74! I had honestly hoped that things might get back pretty much to normal once (official reported) deaths got below 100 a week - as they have been since PHE stopped misreporting the deaths on the 10th August, thanks largely to the redoubtable Carl Heneghan. Sadly it seems that that's not going to happen now. Any guesses as to what will satisfy the current regime? 100 cases? Zero cases? A vaccine (assuming we get one in the foreseeable)?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:44:28 PM by Hugh »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 11:36:09 PM »

Do you two need to pollute every thread with your tinfoil hat nonsense?

Or "Facts" if you look at government stats and scientific information.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 11:38:30 PM »

Yes we do, MadFrankie. You got any better ideas? Like I say, as soon as we can have some certainty about what's going to happen, the sooner we can forget about this wretched political virus.

That figure again, Mad Frankie - one hundred million pounds a month lost to football with no fans allowed. And when I think of the many hours I and so many others spent trying to raise a tiny fraction of that to keep this club going through the dark times, and the many clubs who will inevitably go to the wall if this nonsense continues (to say nothing of the starving millions in Africa etc.) - I think we've got a right to be concerned!

What's the big issue anyway? It's not like I don't touch on the football or talk about nothing but. Realistically this is going to be a topic of discussion until we are allowed to watch our club as normal.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes a drink anyway! ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:46:58 PM by Hugh »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 11:42:23 PM »

I saw a photo in the Non League Paper of the "tape on the terraces" at Margate marking  where each supporter is supposed to stand (pity the poor blighter who stuck all that down). If that was the situation, and if people stuck pretty close to it, I don't see how anyone could argue that that isn't safe (we might even be able to cheer a goal at that distance!) - but who knows what will happen now with this new "rule of 6". It's looking a long way back to normality until there's a rethink by the authorities.

Worth stating, I think, that my projection of weekly deaths in May (assuming a 20% decrease in deaths every week) is, amazingly, still pretty much on track - it had us on 72 deaths for the week to 8th September - actual deaths for the week to yesterday - 74! I had honestly hoped tthat things might get back pretty much to normal once (official reported) deaths got below 100 a week - as they have been since PHE stopped misreporting the deaths on the 10th August, thanks largely to the redoubtable Carl Heneghan. Sadly it seems that that's not going to happen now. Any guesses as to what will satisfy the current regime? 100 cases? Zero cases? A vaccine (assuming we get one in the foreseable)?

You have as much chances of zero cases of C19 as of having zero cases of flu or colds! There might well be an increase of cases into winter - in the same way we have increases in flu and cold cases.
As for a vaccine: vaccines that work properly tend to take upto or over 5yrs of research, development and testing before they are truly viable...by which time the virus has mutated, which is why flu vaccines have a very low percentage success rate, while MMR, polio and the like are very successful.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 11:57:13 PM »

That's what worries me - they'll keep these restrictions going for years with no safe effective vaccine - and even then, they might come under pressure to keep them going if people think they'll reduce cases of other diseases. Seriously, how long before they bankrupt the country if they carry on like this? £100b was it, to "test" 10m people every week? (ie equal to the budget of the NHS per year).

So there you go, MadFrankie, five years perhaps til we can test our 7800 capacity (assuming we draw a big team in the cup). I think there's Alty fans out there who'll want answers.

Oh and by the way, MadFrankie, viruses genuinely do mutate, they're notorious for it.  :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:59:45 PM by Hugh »

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »

Isn't there somewhere on Mumsnet to rant about these sorts of things?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team