PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky downbeat after Nantwich
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Parky downbeat after Nantwich  (Read 10593 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parky downbeat after Nantwich
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 10:17:56 AM »

...and to think I started this thread with a comment about Parky’s interview!

Makes me wonder if sensible discussions can ever be had here, with people hijacking threads to spout their own nonsense.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 10:30:19 AM »

I tend not to get sucked in to anything smacking of politics. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, however preposterous but this is a football forum. Let's keep it like that eh folks?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 10:49:51 AM »

This forum is getting really tedious with all this now. There's a time and a place. Can't you see a thread about a friendly performance and the manager's reaction shouldn't be clogged up with all this?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 11:53:56 AM »

100%.

Every time I open the forum & see another essay on Covid from Hugh or JD I just ignore it. Getting a bit tedious now lads.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »

had a job hearing what phil said due to what sounded like a lot of wind on the mike.
Harold

AltyFan101

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 05:15:17 PM »

I couldn't go to the game on Saturday but I have watched the Nantwich ten-minute highlights and the main things I noticed were:

- Sutton seemed to have a good game, his experience and ability will be very useful to us next season and I think he will definitely be a starter
- Gould put in a brilliant performance and I doubt Parky has fully decided his no.1 yet (you'd think Tony to start with)
- Tom Peers looked like he put in a decent shift out wide
- Hulme was good
- Mooney was good (until his injury of course - I hope to God it isn't too serious)
- Clayton played up front and not in his preferable 10 position - would have thought Miller striker and him behind first half
- Mullarkey played in the midfield second half which makes me think we could actually line-up as follows this season (considering we haven't signed another cm):

GK Thompson/Gould
RB Densmore
LB White/Hampson
CB Sutton
CB Hannigan
DM Mullarkey
LW Mooney/Peers
CM Moult
ST Hulme
CM Hancock
RW Kosylo/Ceesay

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

arnald

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »

Frankly no one  knows anything for sure at the moment, as the poll on playing the season indicates. With the current scattergun approach of the authorities I wouldn't want to bet on any given outcome by October 3rd let alone through the season. I can at least quote a national paper which says ""The government have said they will review the planned return of fans on October 1 later this month" and that "test events <are> now capped at 1,000 supporters". It also says that 100m pounds is lost to football for each month without fans, which I find profoundly dispiriting given the many hours that I and others have spent over the years trying to raise a few extra pounds for the club.

I suspect that if fans are allowed back, it will at any rate be at a high enough number to allow all season ticket holders to attend. Certainly at National league level, I would think that a lot of clubs could not afford to play much of the season with crowds capped at 1000 or less - unless streaming matches etc. raises more money than I thought.  yes thank you for your response . I will like I say pay my money to help the club, and role the dice

Just to be clear, the best we can reasonably hope for, certainly in October, and probably for some months beyond, is 30 per cent of current ground capacity (around 2,300 I think). The best...

At the start of this they told us you had to be inside in relatively close contact with a person to catch this thing - they have not told us anything different.

1500-2000 outside staying 3' away from each other is hardly beyond our abilities, especially in outdoor conditions.
Do you two need to pollute every thread with your tinfoil hat nonsense?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 09:21:01 PM »

Frankly no one  knows anything for sure at the moment, as the poll on playing the season indicates. With the current scattergun approach of the authorities I wouldn't want to bet on any given outcome by October 3rd let alone through the season. I can at least quote a national paper which says ""The government have said they will review the planned return of fans on October 1 later this month" and that "test events <are> now capped at 1,000 supporters". It also says that 100m pounds is lost to football for each month without fans, which I find profoundly dispiriting given the many hours that I and others have spent over the years trying to raise a few extra pounds for the club.

I suspect that if fans are allowed back, it will at any rate be at a high enough number to allow all season ticket holders to attend. Certainly at National league level, I would think that a lot of clubs could not afford to play much of the season with crowds capped at 1000 or less - unless streaming matches etc. raises more money than I thought.  yes thank you for your response . I will like I say pay my money to help the club, and role the dice

Just to be clear, the best we can reasonably hope for, certainly in October, and probably for some months beyond, is 30 per cent of current ground capacity (around 2,300 I think). The best...

At the start of this they told us you had to be inside in relatively close contact with a person to catch this thing - they have not told us anything different.

1500-2000 outside staying 3' away from each other is hardly beyond our abilities, especially in outdoor conditions.
Do you two need to pollute every thread with your tinfoil hat nonsense?

No, just facts and opinion.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 09:50:31 PM »

Zzzzzzzzz
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 10:28:20 PM »

It was a tremendous save from Gould at full stretch from a ferociously struck shot that was heading for the top corner - and I'm not easily impressed by saves  (I seem to remember an Alty keeper was quite impressed by my saves at a training session once!), but I thought that one was going in. Ceesay visibly improved as the half wore on, and he will prove a real handful next season when he gets into his stride (I think he probably will be ok this time, fitness wise).
Is there anywhere that gives the "teams" for the game? I know it was a different team first and second half.

Macsporran, the Nantwich match reminded me rather of the sloppiness of the game at Atherton Collieries last preseason, but I remain hopeful we can have a decent start with the recent experience of competitive football under our belts hopefully giving us an advantage over most of the other teams who won't have played competitively since March (goodness, these playoffs have worked out well for us!) - and in some cases will have a lot of new players (Dover, Macc).

As for the "political bug", someone asked a question and I answered it. End of. But didn't Nantwich Town have to release all their players because of this business? I'm afraid the subject is likely to continue to crop up, at least until we have some certainty about playing the season and the return of fans. You can't expect people to ignore it completely with the season less than three weeks away and we still have no idea what will happen. Good luck trying to keep this section pure and unpolluted!

p.s. you're welcome, Big van vader, and I just hope that things have sorted themselves out by the 21/22 season!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 11:14:41 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 11:38:10 PM »

Isn't there somewhere on Mumsnet to rant about these sorts of things?

Miaow!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »

I actually think that we have a good strong squad for next season. I am sure they will improve, and we may know a little more tonight after the next friendly. Once they are kicking a ball in anger again, they will show their true colours.

All I ask them to do is to try and get a good start to the season, and get some early points. Be very interesting and I am looking forward to it. New kit will look good too.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2020, 08:32:22 AM »

I still also feel especially in view of the playoff results, that had the season gone through to the end we may have finished 1st-3rd, possibly won it.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2020, 08:59:16 AM »

The shut down worked very well for King's Lynn who were on a very rocky patch when it happened. I think third was almost a certainty for Altrincham give the form at the time. Having witnessed about twenty-five Altrincham pre-seasons I'm of the opinion that they mean nothing other than getting players fit. We could win them all and still lose the opening day 4-0, or vice versa.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky downbeat after Nantwich