PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky downbeat after Nantwich
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Parky downbeat after Nantwich  (Read 10599 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parky downbeat after Nantwich
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2020, 09:03:42 AM »

The shut down worked very well for King's Lynn who were on a very rocky patch when it happened.
Likewise York, although getting a home playoff against Tom Peers FC was perhaps not what they would have wanted.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2020, 09:19:23 AM »

I couldn't go to the game on Saturday but I have watched the Nantwich ten-minute highlights and the main things I noticed were:

- Sutton seemed to have a good game, his experience and ability will be very useful to us next season and I think he will definitely be a starter
- Gould put in a brilliant performance and I doubt Parky has fully decided his no.1 yet (you'd think Tony to start with)
- Tom Peers looked like he put in a decent shift out wide
- Hulme was good
- Mooney was good (until his injury of course - I hope to God it isn't too serious)
- Clayton played up front and not in his preferable 10 position - would have thought Miller striker and him behind first half
- Mullarkey played in the midfield second half which makes me think we could actually line-up as follows this season (considering we haven't signed another cm):

GK Thompson/Gould
RB Densmore
LB White/Hampson
CB Sutton
CB Hannigan
DM Mullarkey
LW Mooney/Peers
CM Moult
ST Hulme
CM Hancock
RW Kosylo/Ceesay

I'd be amazed if he didn't stick with his trusted 4-2-3-1, which would mean Mullarkey sitting alongside Moult which I agree I think he might utilise a lot this season (particularly away from home).

You've got your wingers the wrong way round - Mooney will start on the right, and I suspect we'd be better off starting with Kosylo and bringing Ceesay on to cause havoc for half an hour.

AltyFan101

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2020, 01:01:23 PM »

I couldn't go to the game on Saturday but I have watched the Nantwich ten-minute highlights and the main things I noticed were:

- Sutton seemed to have a good game, his experience and ability will be very useful to us next season and I think he will definitely be a starter
- Gould put in a brilliant performance and I doubt Parky has fully decided his no.1 yet (you'd think Tony to start with)
- Hulme was good
- Mooney was good (until his injury of course - I hope to God it isn't too serious)
- Clayton played up front and not in his preferable 10 position - would have thought Miller striker and him behind first half
- Mullarkey played in the midfield second half which makes me think we could actually line-up as follows this season (considering we haven't signed another cm):

GK Thompson/Gould
RB Densmore
LB White/Hampson
CB Sutton
CB Hannigan
DM Mullarkey
LW Mooney/Peers
CM Moult
ST Hulme
CM Hancock
RW Kosylo/Ceesay

I'd be amazed if he didn't stick with his trusted 4-2-3-1, which would mean Mullarkey sitting alongside Moult which I agree I think he might utilise a lot this season (particularly away from home).

You've got your wingers the wrong way round - Mooney will start on the right, and I suspect we'd be better off starting with Kosylo and bringing Ceesay on to cause havoc for half an hour.

Yes, sorry, had the wingers on the wrong sides 🤦‍♂️

We seemed to defend in a 4-3-3 on Saturday with the no.10 dropping into a cm role and Williams/Richman pushing higher than normal with a Parky system.  We attacked also with a single pivot (Moult/Mullarkey) in a sort of 4-1-1-1-3 formation (same system used in the youth teams and when we had Lundstram at our disposal).

AltyFan101

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2020, 01:03:33 PM »

It was a tremendous save from Gould at full stretch from a ferociously struck shot that was heading for the top corner - and I'm not easily impressed by saves  (I seem to remember an Alty keeper was quite impressed by my saves at a training session once!), but I thought that one was going in. Ceesay visibly improved as the half wore on, and he will prove a real handful next season when he gets into his stride (I think he probably will be ok this time, fitness wise).
Is there anywhere that gives the "teams" for the game? I know it was a different team first and second half.

Macsporran, the Nantwich match reminded me rather of the sloppiness of the game at Atherton Collieries last preseason, but I remain hopeful we can have a decent start with the recent experience of competitive football under our belts hopefully giving us an advantage over most of the other teams who won't have played competitively since March (goodness, these playoffs have worked out well for us!) - and in some cases will have a lot of new players (Dover, Macc).

As for the "political bug", someone asked a question and I answered it. End of. But didn't Nantwich Town have to release all their players because of this business? I'm afraid the subject is likely to continue to crop up, at least until we have some certainty about playing the season and the return of fans. You can't expect people to ignore it completely with the season less than three weeks away and we still have no idea what will happen. Good luck trying to keep this section pure and unpolluted!

p.s. you're welcome, Big van vader, and I just hope that things have sorted themselves out by the 21/22 season!  ;)

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/fixture/first-team/2020-21/nantwich-town-a-49954 Lineups given here (+ trialists Nyampombe and Hall who are not named here)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 01:35:54 PM »

- Hulme was good

GK Thompson/Gould
RB Densmore
LB White/Hampson
CB Sutton
CB Hannigan
DM Mullarkey
LW Mooney/Peers
CM Moult
ST Hulme
CM Hancock
RW Kosylo/Ceesay

We seemed to defend in a 4-3-3 on Saturday with the no.10 dropping into a cm role and Williams/Richman pushing higher than normal with a Parky system.  We attacked also with a single pivot (Moult/Mullarkey) in a sort of 4-1-1-1-3 formation (same system used in the youth teams and when we had Lundstram at our disposal).

Interesting, thanks.

Unless I'm mistaken, I remember Parky trialling more of a 4-3-3 system at the start of the season before last, where it seemed to work to good effect away at Southport (have I got that right?)

It seemed to unravel a bit after that and he promptly dropped it, from memory.

Good to see he's experimenting with things as we'll definitely need a plan B or plan C at times this year - we just need a lump like Kyle Perry up front  :D

AltyFan101

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »

- Hulme was good

GK Thompson/Gould
RB Densmore
LB White/Hampson
CB Sutton
CB Hannigan
DM Mullarkey
LW Mooney/Peers
CM Moult
ST Hulme
CM Hancock
RW Kosylo/Ceesay

Interesting, thanks.

Unless I'm mistaken, I remember Parky trialling more of a 4-3-3 system at the start of the season before last, where it seemed to work to good effect away at Southport (have I got that right?)

It seemed to unravel a bit after that and he promptly dropped it, from memory.

Good to see he's experimenting with things as we'll definitely need a plan B or plan C at times this year - we just need a lump like Kyle Perry up front  :D

🤣🤣 The one system we can be sure Parky won't use is hoofball, leave that to Smacc

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2020, 11:52:43 PM »

Is the omission of Sean Williams from the above team deliberate or an oversight ?

AltyFan101

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2020, 11:20:33 PM »

Is the omission of Sean Williams from the above team deliberate or an oversight ?

I was just thinking about what the team would look like if Parky does end up using Mullarkey as DM as he seems to want to.  However, I agree, to start with at least I think the midfield will be Moult, Williams and Hancock.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2020, 12:27:06 AM »

It was a tremendous save from Gould at full stretch from a ferociously struck shot that was heading for the top corner - and I'm not easily impressed by saves  (I seem to remember an Alty keeper was quite impressed by my saves at a training session once!), but I thought that one was going in. Ceesay visibly improved as the half wore on, and he will prove a real handful next season when he gets into his stride (I think he probably will be ok this time, fitness wise).
Is there anywhere that gives the "teams" for the game? I know it was a different team first and second half.

Macsporran, the Nantwich match reminded me rather of the sloppiness of the game at Atherton Collieries last preseason, but I remain hopeful we can have a decent start with the recent experience of competitive football under our belts hopefully giving us an advantage over most of the other teams who won't have played competitively since March (goodness, these playoffs have worked out well for us!) - and in some cases will have a lot of new players (Dover, Macc).

As for the "political bug", someone asked a question and I answered it. End of. But didn't Nantwich Town have to release all their players because of this business? I'm afraid the subject is likely to continue to crop up, at least until we have some certainty about playing the season and the return of fans. You can't expect people to ignore it completely with the season less than three weeks away and we still have no idea what will happen. Good luck trying to keep this section pure and unpolluted!

p.s. you're welcome, Big van vader, and I just hope that things have sorted themselves out by the 21/22 season!  ;)

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/fixture/first-team/2020-21/nantwich-town-a-49954 Lineups given here (+ trialists Nyampombe and Hall who are not named here)

That's brilliant, thanks.

I would also assume Williams. Wasn't he the main challenger for Lundstram? Either way, I think we've got a few options, and it's looking like Miller could be a plus.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky downbeat after Nantwich