PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 EFL to allow supporters this weekend
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EFL to allow supporters this weekend  (Read 7514 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: EFL to allow supporters this weekend
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 09:25:39 PM »

Having attended the Alty Ladies game this afternoon. I was told by a steward that no one was allowed to stand in the Golf Road end. The away toilets are an absolute disgrace. It looks like they haven't been cleaned since before the lockdown, if at all. So I am not sure how they are going to strictly enforce the social distancing rule if they are not allowing supporters in the Golf Road End.

Did he say why?

There is enough space there to distance surely!

No reason was given

Perhaps they'd just cleaned it. 😉🙄😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 10:13:52 PM »

What provisions have the board implemented to deal with unwanted pitch invaders?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-54224681

Alpaca large lead and a shovel in the required kit list.

I remember his Uncle Kerry and the World Series cricket in the 70s

Pure gold, I can't do butter than that.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »

Harold

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »

Telegraph journalist Jim White:

"Just spoke to the chairman of a National League side. The league has said it is now not going to start without fans. But furlough ends next month. Which means there is going to be wholesale redundancy for players, coaching staff and administrators. Disaster looms for many clubs."
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2020, 12:58:34 PM »

Telegraph journalist Jim White:

"Just spoke to the chairman of a National League side. The league has said it is now not going to start without fans. But furlough ends next month. Which means there is going to be wholesale redundancy for players, coaching staff and administrators. Disaster looms for many clubs."

As it stands Step 3 and below can continue with reduced capacity but Steps 1 and 2 cannot. So South Shields will be playing in front of 600 but Gateshead, 6 miles away, face having their season cancelled and perhaps their entire playing staff laid off. Either a cap on attendances for National League clubs and/or a financial support package needs to be put in place.

AltyFan101

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 01:38:52 PM »

Sounds like there will be no Alty (or at least no watching Alty) until 2021.  It'll be interesting to see whether the league continue with their stance of no matches without spectators or they eventually begin the season behind closed doors because otherwise it is unlikely that there would be enough time for the season to be played.  I hope if they do begin the season behind closed doors they allow Alty TV to broadcast the games live with a PPV system in place so we can get behind the club and help it make up what will be massive losses with no gate receipts.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »

I don't see the sense in the National League delaying the start of the season - the schedule is packed already and it's not like we're going to see anything changing re crowds any time soon. I would say there are two options - play out the season to the current schedule on the understanding that most of it will be behind closed doors (and the only income will be from live streaming) or suspend National League football until crowds can return, which is likely to mean voiding the season and perhaps playing a mini no-promotion/relegation tournament in the spring. I hope they go for the former, because something's better than nothing, but either way clubs will require major financial assistance.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 01:48:03 PM by Leon »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2020, 02:09:16 PM »

Just so unnecessary.

Witty and Vallance feed us bullsh*t figures - they said based on Spain and France where the death and case sets are plateauing, but turns out if so will be far less cases and deaths than their prediction, which they didn't call a prediction.
90% of positive tests are false  (Oxford uni centre for EVIDENCE based medicine and 3 independent t studies in USA, Dr Mike Yeadon etc etc)
C19 deaths now just 1% of all deaths, flu is significantly higher
Daily  C19 deaths about 20 out of 1500-1600 daily deaths.
Deaths and hospital admissions from respiratory illness increase at this time every year, this is no exception.
No evidence to say watching matches in open air stadia will make things worse (Fan Roan, BBC)

etc etc
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 02:31:19 PM by JD »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2020, 02:23:23 PM »

Just in this last week I have spoken to 3 ppl with friends/family that had C19 on their death certs.
1. Had long term COPD, but never diagnosed with C1o
2. Fied of old age (95) in a home with no cases of C19
3. Died in a motorbike accident.

Also spoke to worker from an NHS hospital: half empty and they are "Encouraged," to put deaths down as C19
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 EFL to allow supporters this weekend