News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Statement from Altrincham FC regarding the 2020/2021 season 

Author Topic: Statement from Altrincham FC regarding the 2020/2021 season   (Read 4610 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 24, 2020, 04:38:14 PM »

There is a statement from Altrincham FC regarding the 2020/2021 season on the official club website.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Statement from Altrincham FC regarding the 2020/2021 season 
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »

Would be a hard decision, but understandable.

If a delayed start, no guarantee fans would be allowed back into grounds. And the season could be extended with increased costs for player wages.

Starting now, minus the income from turnstile will be devastating. Not sure how long clubs will be able to afford paying players with little income..

Is the club able to gain anything by the new job scheme?

Maybe we could ask Ryan Reynolds to come and have a look at a decent non-league team??

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »

i'm sure I heard that the season would start but reports i've read since hearing that say its not confirmed. confused now.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 07:34:02 PM »

My understanding is that the season will start on time... But only if the League can source some kind of financial support package from the government and /or the FA.

So yes to a start up without fans BUT only if there's cash help - which is still being sought and not yet guaranteed.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »

why should private enterprise football clubs, some of which choose to pay wages they can barely afford, expect government handouts? call on your directors and supporters, not the general taxpayer who already has enough on their plate.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 07:43:20 PM »

why should private enterprise football clubs, some of which choose to pay wages they can barely afford, expect government handouts? call on your directors and supporters, not the general taxpayer who already has enough on their plate.

In two  minds on this (I normally have enough trouble being in one mind), but is the government giving handouts to other private businesses?

I am in the Patrons Scheme with my Jennifer and will try to pay for live streaming where I can, but I do fear we are going to have to rely on the generosity of our fans and local businesses/sponsors - not that they also have so much on their plates.

Remember, we are also losing income from food and drink sales as well (and from the Community Sports Hall), and will the staff who are paid wages from these get government support?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »

Because it’s the government that  is placing restrictions on them which will prevent them from operating under their normal financial system.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 07:49:57 PM »

Because it’s the government that  is placing restrictions on them which will prevent them from operating under their normal financial system.

I agree with that, but will the government be doing this for other private businesses?

It is such a difficult situation, especially, as I believe the one third capacity idea was very workable.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »

National League in talks with government over 'critical funding package'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54281233
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 10:13:22 AM »

I thought Macclesfield were due to get a good wedge (£500,000+?) for a parachute payment following their relegation from league 2? Now they're kaput, why can't that money be whacked out between the other 23 National League clubs? If they recategorised the North and South as non-elite, they could play with crowds and sustain themselves.
Everyone's a winner!

PS. I should be in politics! 😉

Perhaps not. I've just realised that that's only one month's money! 😂😂
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:15:23 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »

...except Macclesfield's creditors.

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 12:40:04 PM »

...except Macclesfield's creditors.

Askey wouldn't be happy...

does make the macc situation ludicrous if they haven't got this money yet.....get wound up over 500k then recieve 500k parachute payment....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team