PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Live streaming of game tomorrow
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Live streaming of game tomorrow  (Read 21853 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 28, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »

Hi all, I assume the above is still being streamed live. I have a season ticket, can you advise if the streaming is going ahead with codes when ready so we can receive the stream.

I need to tune in and go to sleep so we can score again!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Live streaming of game tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 08:35:24 PM »

Have the season tickets arrived then

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:52:36 PM »

Mine haven't.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »

2 points:

1) For us non season ticket holders will there be somewhere for us to pay to watch live streams (and, indeed, for Tuesday's game if that is streamed)?
2) Do we get extra money from BT Sport for providing coverage (which I suspect they will be very impressed with!)?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 10:17:00 PM »

Some answers:

Season Ticket Cards are now printed and should be distributed in the next few days - this has been a new way of doing things and therefore has taken a little longer than we expected

For non Season ticket holders, you can buy streaming at alty.ticketco.events starting with the Salford game and then before the weekend the Weymouth game too

For the Weymouth game we will also look to have this directly on our own site

We will be contacting ST holders tomorrow with their codes - ahead of them receiving the ST cards

We recognise that this perhaps seems a but rushed - but the idea of having Alty TV broadcasting live is an exciting one (although not as good as having you back in the ground would have been).  I am sure there will be more questions; we will do our best to answer them all

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 10:26:55 PM »

Great work, especially considering the short notice.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 10:35:50 PM »

Some answers:

Season Ticket Cards are now printed and should be distributed in the next few days - this has been a new way of doing things and therefore has taken a little longer than we expected

For non Season ticket holders, you can buy streaming at alty.ticketco.events starting with the Salford game and then before the weekend the Weymouth game too

For the Weymouth game we will also look to have this directly on our own site

We will be contacting ST holders tomorrow with their codes - ahead of them receiving the ST cards

We recognise that this perhaps seems a but rushed - but the idea of having Alty TV broadcasting live is an exciting one (although not as good as having you back in the ground would have been).  I am sure there will be more questions; we will do our best to answer them all

Nice one Bill, can our code be emailed to me as We are out all day tomorrow golfing so we can book it whilst on the hoof.
Cheers
Ray & Jan

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 10:53:30 PM »

Thanks to the club, appreciate you looking after us and seeing the game tomorrow night.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 11:01:27 PM »

It is a shame we can't sing, chant, shout at this end so the players can hear it!

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 12:20:44 AM »

2) Do we get extra money from BT Sport for providing coverage (which I suspect they will be very impressed with!)?

Unfortunately not. The BT Sport coverage and the Alty TV live stream are totally separate entities. The Club are obliged to film for BT Sport to include in their Highlights show. For operational and technical reasons we will have to use separate equipment for each (BT don't care if we live stream or not). BT supply us with equipment to send the footage live to their studios where they edit it for inclusion in the Highlights show - without going into lots of technical reasons, we can't use this equipment for our live stream. The Live stream is taking up all (and more) of our resources which is why it's imperative that we get some people in over the next few days to help us manage both operations.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 01:43:29 PM »

Unfortunately not. The BT Sport coverage and the Alty TV live stream are totally separate entities. The Club are obliged to film for BT Sport to include in their Highlights show. For operational and technical reasons we will have to use separate equipment for each (BT don't care if we live stream or not). BT supply us with equipment to send the footage live to their studios where they edit it for inclusion in the Highlights show - without going into lots of technical reasons, we can't use this equipment for our live stream. The Live stream is taking up all (and more) of our resources which is why it's imperative that we get some people in over the next few days to help us manage both operations.

Cheers Alty TV.

Typical big corporation I guess!

Anyway, I have my ticket for tonight and wish you the very best for the development and success of this service.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 01:45:55 PM »

Purchased my season ticket this lunchtime, so looking forward to checking out the live stream - hoping for a better angle than Chester, and jobs a goodun!
It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 01:56:18 PM »

Purchased a ticket for tonight, hope the stream goes well. Great effort by Alty TV

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 02:12:45 PM »

Are we actively promoting the stream on saturday to weymouth fans , on forums etc,  do we know (apart from notts county) whether we will be able to purchase similarly for our away games?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »

Just to stress that tonight is very much a technical rehearsal as far as Alty TV is concerned. A lot of preparation and hard graft has gone into this over the last few days but there are still a few unknowns which we will test for the first time tonight (e.g. linking up with the PPV platform). Will be taking baby steps to start with but have exciting plans to add to the service as we go along.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team