PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Live streaming of game tomorrow
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Live streaming of game tomorrow  (Read 21148 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
Re: Live streaming of game tomorrow
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2020, 11:02:18 PM »

Streaming improved second half but the quality on a 50 inch tv did substantially drop. Stability over quality

First half was annoyingly glitchy - we suspect some wifi issues between the camera dongle and streaming laptop. Second half we reduced the bitrate slightly which, as you say, made for a more stable stream but dropped the quality a bit. Looking into ways to solve this for Saturday - best that we pick these things up in 'rehearsal' though.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2020, 11:12:17 PM »

Streaming improved second half but the quality on a 50 inch tv did substantially drop. Stability over quality

First half was annoyingly glitchy - we suspect some wifi issues between the camera dongle and streaming laptop. Second half we reduced the bitrate slightly which, as you say, made for a more stable stream but dropped the quality a bit. Looking into ways to solve this for Saturday - best that we pick these things up in 'rehearsal' though.

Do you need a bigger dongle?

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2020, 11:15:14 PM »

Never had any complaints in the past  ;)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2020, 11:18:23 PM »

Never had any complaints in the past  ;)

:D

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2020, 11:50:10 PM »

Tonights attendance was a very healthy 246 (households) which included 168 Season Ticket Holders.  Thank you to all of you for your patience and your very useful feedback.  There are a few issues we need to sort out with the ticket ordering system but we hope to be in much better shape for Weymouth on Saturday. 

It will be very interesting to see how many we can pull in for that game.

The media team have shown once again that they are a massive contributor to the forward progress of this club.  We trialed the live broadcast earlier in the year with the Live Replay matches - Blyth, Chorley, Guiseley; so we knew our technology would hold up.  Tonight we have shown we can connect Alty TV and Radio Robins to a streaming service and that we can collect money for this.  Both really important forward steps.  Now we can begin to improve the match day experience.  Not as good as being there, I know.  Hopefully we will be all back together in the not too distant future

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2020, 12:41:46 AM »

3 questions.

Is Saturday's game now definite? And I'm thinking of the efforts to secure funding from the pl/government plus the nl's previous position on starting the season.

Will Wrexham (and other clubs for that matter) be able to start the season with what is happening there?

I missed the match but will there be any way for me as a season ticket holder to watch it back at a later date? The link said something about the event having expired I think.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:45:37 AM by Hugh »

brisbane_alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2020, 12:58:26 AM »

Hi Alty TV - can you confirm that the games will be available to watch as a replay? I'm too knackered to stay up until 2am to watch the live game, but I'd happily watch a full replay when I wake up on Sunday morning.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2020, 08:17:57 AM »

Is the live streaming compatible with an Ipad, or does it have to be a laptop? I know sometimes these things don't work on Apple products for some reason.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2020, 08:19:49 AM »

Does the light quaility affect a digital camera much these days? If there's less light does the electronic "shutter" (if there is one) have to stay open longer to get enough light in per frame making a less smooth picture?  Just wondering if the lighting at Moss Lane needs improving if streaming is going to be the way forward.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2020, 08:33:35 AM »

Hi Alty TV - can you confirm that the games will be available to watch as a replay? I'm too knackered to stay up until 2am to watch the live game, but I'd happily watch a full replay when I wake up on Sunday morning.

And Hugh's similar question. I'm not sure whether TicketCo offer this service, perhaps Guru or Andrew could answer?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2020, 08:55:41 AM »

Will we be getting the usual highlights ? Apart from the fourth goal that we all missed, I would appreciate seeing them slightly enlarged and without a quarter of the screen obscured by the streaming company's banner. This is an important issue for those of use who can only watch on a phone !

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2020, 08:56:55 AM »

Does the light quaility affect a digital camera much these days? If there's less light does the electronic "shutter" (if there is one) have to stay open longer to get enough light in per frame making a less smooth picture?  Just wondering if the lighting at Moss Lane needs improving if streaming is going to be the way forward.
Well, you've hit a nerve here! Short answer - yes it definitely does. Our main camera has a fixed lens but even so night matches are filmed with the aperture wide open. On a digital camcorder such as ours rather than changing ISO you can adjust the frame rate but the lower the frame rate the more motion-blur occurs so it's quite a fine balancing act. We can also adjust the camera's gain (similar to ISO) but with higher gain you get a more grainy look. Our floodlights conform with league standards but, if I'm honest, the camera does struggle especially with the light on the Main Stand side of the ground.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 09:02:46 AM »

Will we be getting the usual highlights ? Apart from the fourth goal that we all missed, I would appreciate seeing them slightly enlarged and without a quarter of the screen obscured by the streaming company's banner. This is an important issue for those of use who can only watch on a phone !
Are these our banners (score and 'Alty TV Live')? We can adjust these. I wasn't aware that the TicketCo logo was on screen - can someone post a screenshot if that's the case? As for highlights, I'll put the goals up but not intending to do full highlights for the friendly.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »

Are these our banners (score and 'Alty TV Live')? We can adjust these. I wasn't aware that the TicketCo logo was on screen - can someone post a screenshot if that's the case? As for highlights, I'll put the goals up but not intending to do full highlights for the friendly.

I didn't see a single TicketCo advert in the screen. But if he could help bring down the club costs I wouldn't object to subtle in-play adverts when there's a break in play or HT/FT.

We could always charge more for home Radio Robin sponsors as more will watch the stream and listen Vs last season.

Goals would be good Mark. Well done on last night.
It's all my fault.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2020, 09:29:43 AM »

I didn't see a TicketCo logo watching on an iPhone. Perhaps it depends on the device/OS being used.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Live streaming of game tomorrow