PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fisayo Adarabioyo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fisayo Adarabioyo  (Read 14214 times)

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Fisayo Adarabioyo
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 06:38:25 PM »

For me, you can't compare Hulme and Peers as they are just so different.

Rhetorically speaking though, where would we be without Tommy Peers? His contributions as a squad member, and of course as part of our FA Cup and playoff runs, were absolutely outstanding.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 06:41:53 PM »

For me, you can't compare Hulme and Peers as they are just so different.

Rhetorically speaking though, where would we be without Tommy Peers? His contributions as a squad member, and of course as part of our FA Cup and playoff runs, were absolutely outstanding.

We're not playing regional football.

We said goodbye to a lot of players on this journey but if we keep on this momentum, we have to let people jump off and find new players.

That's how Salford Harrogate etc. Don't yo yo.
It's all my fault.

AltyFan101

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 07:46:32 PM »

I get that everyone has their own opinion on Tom's ability and impact but it winds me up so much when I see him getting unfairly discarded by his own fans, the same fans that will have cheered his goals and sung his name numerous times over the last few years.  I even get the impression that some on here think he should have been released over the summer which would've been ridiculous considering some of the important goals he has scored along the journey and the impact he seems to have on the other lads in the team.  I've also seen people replying to the club twitter saying things like "we desperately need a new striker" and don't get me wrong, we might, but I'm sure he probably reads those comments and I can't imagine it is that great for his confidence, even if it makes him more determined to perform.  There were even similar comments on here after the Eastleigh game when he was arguably one of our best players with some good hold up play and tidy passing.

Open to someone telling me I'm wrong but I like Tom and I feel like he often gets unfairly treated by some fans.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 08:00:35 PM »

Tom Peers is an honest trier, who always looked better to me when he was selected WITH Jordan Hulme rather than instead of him (Southport in the Cup last year they were brilliant). He needs someone alongside him up top to flourish, but we don't play that shape. It's not his fault that he's labouring to fill a role that doesn't suit him.

Now, getting this thread back to where it should be....

If this new guy is the man that fills the huge gap that Jordan Hulme has left I will welcome him with open arms. However, 3 goals in 5 years in competitive first team football doesn't give me reason to expect that to be the case.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 08:32:33 PM »

I listened to 5he Curzon commentary and I seem to remember he wounded like a bit of a handful.

Let's  trust in Parkie and wish Fisayo well.

I hope he wasn’t wounded too seriously JD 😉

The hell that is my sausage fingers lol

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2020, 08:58:05 PM »

I get that everyone has their own opinion on Tom's ability and impact but it winds me up so much when I see him getting unfairly discarded by his own fans, the same fans that will have cheered his goals and sung his name numerous times over the last few years. I even get the impression that some on here think he should have been released over the summer which would've been ridiculous considering some of the important goals he has scored along the journey and the impact he seems to have on the other lads in the team.  I've also seen people replying to the club twitter saying things like "we desperately need a new striker" and don't get me wrong, we might, but I'm sure he probably reads those comments and I can't imagine it is that great for his confidence, even if it makes him more determined to perform.  There were even similar comments on here after the Eastleigh game when he was arguably one of our best players with some good hold up play and tidy passing.

Open to someone telling me I'm wrong but I like Tom and I feel like he often gets unfairly treated by some fans.

You need to know that many would have been fine with Tom Peers leaving us on a high at the promotion. That's football. Mahon and Max were two examples. You can't be sentimental about things, that what got us relegated.

It's not harsh to want Tom to be 2nd or 3rd choice / impact player.

Would you have started the season, by choice, with Tom Peers (or Clayton), if Jordan has left on the 2nd August?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 09:04:12 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 09:37:48 PM »

I get that everyone has their own opinion on Tom's ability and impact but it winds me up so much when I see him getting unfairly discarded by his own fans, the same fans that will have cheered his goals and sung his name numerous times over the last few years.  I even get the impression that some on here think he should have been released over the summer which would've been ridiculous considering some of the important goals he has scored along the journey and the impact he seems to have on the other lads in the team.  I've also seen people replying to the club twitter saying things like "we desperately need a new striker" and don't get me wrong, we might, but I'm sure he probably reads those comments and I can't imagine it is that great for his confidence, even if it makes him more determined to perform.  There were even similar comments on here after the Eastleigh game when he was arguably one of our best players with some good hold up play and tidy passing.

If Tom wasn't challenging Jordan for his place, how can he expect to be the first choice now that Jordan is left? Of course we need to reinforce the squad with someone who is proven to be as good as Jordan

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2020, 02:06:31 AM »

Someone who is proven to be as good as Hulme would presumably cost what we got for Hulme. If we could afford to spend that sort of money, we wouldn't have been happy to accept whatever Fylde paid for him, would we? We acquire  quality players by other means - loan players, players getting their career back on track etc. which to be fair PP has a good record with. Everyone deserves a chance. Give Fisayo his, that's all I'm asking.

On another point, here's what got Alty relegated, as I see it:

2016/17 - caving in to short termists who wanted a new manager when a new appointment failed to stop the rot in his first month or two.
2015/16 - never recovering from that late defeat at Colchester (I'm still convinced if Clee had scored at the end to get us to the third round, we'd have stayed up), plus the considerable disruption from the Leamington farce (I remember the squad sat at their "post match" meal and sensing the atmosphere was rather flat - I think).
2010/11 - losing pretty much half of our first team preseason. Ken had a good go at turning it around but it wasn't quite enough in the end (Ooh Ken McKenna)
The three "relegations" - Jamie Robinson farce and disrupted preseasons following as a result. (Halifax"2.5%" Town "cheating" didn't help).
2000 - injuries to key players Brendan Burke and Stuart Coburn, as I recall.
1997 - a horrendous injury crisis. I think we were comfortably midtable to Christmas and beyond, but were forced to play some "Strange" teams later in the season.

And that's all the relegations we ever had. All fitting comfortably into the thirty years (last Tuesday 13th - Bangor was my first game) that I've been following Alty.

Sure there'll be plenty of points I missed out, but that's how I remember it!

PS on a completely different subject, when's the Highland League starting? JD? Rageagainstthefirstteam? Anyone? Weird seeing the table from March on "Teletext" - that must be a record!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:20:02 AM by Hugh »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 11:27:11 AM »

Highland League was due to kick off tomorrow, but the full programme has now been postponed. The Lowland League kicks off on schedule with such joys as Bonnyrigg Rose v Gretna 2008.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »

Highland League was due to kick off tomorrow, but the full programme has now been postponed. The Lowland League kicks off on schedule with such joys as Bonnyrigg Rose v Gretna 2008.

I am very concerned about the fate of these Highland League clubs. There's little enough to do in some of these towns, the loss of a football club is so much more than the loss of a football club.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2020, 02:58:33 PM »

Someone who is proven

On another point, here's what got Alty relegated, as I see it:

2016/17 - caving in to short termists who wanted a new manager when a new appointment failed to stop the rot in his first month or two.

Go on mate, enlighten me, which manager wasn’t given enough time? Young, Harvey or Doughty?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2020, 08:13:39 PM »

I am very concerned about the fate of these Highland League clubs. There's little enough to do in some of these towns, the loss of a football club is so much more than the loss of a football club.

Yeah, could be a killer. It's a shame as the pyramid has really opened up recently and it seemed there was going to be a bit of a shake up. Let's hope some support can be organised.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 09:36:22 PM »

I have been really impressed with how Cove Rangers have done (and they've been building to this for a long time - their excellent club motto is "cease to be better, cease to be good).

Just on the off chance, what do we have to do to qualify for the Scottish league Challenge Cup thing? I seem to remember Boreham Wood were in it recently and I'd love to see Alty against one of these teams, or perhaps a trip to Ireland! I understand Northwich played Parma in the Anglo-Italian cup some years ago, but I'd settle for this de facto "home nations" competition. I dare say Greenock Morton would enjoy visiting us again aswell!

As for 2016/17, none of them were given enough time, obviously, same as United since (our man) Fergy retired. I they've any sense, they'll give Ole a chance, same as Derby should have done with Nigel.
Fortunately I didn't see many games that season, and I might say I was disgusted to read of the personal ad hominem attacks on Young I read about in the NLP. Still, I guess there'll always be the "bloody rubbish Alty" types. Not many times these past thirty years when there wasn't someone moaning about something, I should think. I'm just grsteful we don't have any real problems like Northwich and Macc. Enjoy!!!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2020, 09:56:28 PM »

I have been really impressed with how Cove Rangers have done (and they've been building to this for a long time - their excellent club motto is "cease to be better, cease to be good).

Just on the off chance, what do we have to do to qualify for the Scottish league Challenge Cup thing? I seem to remember Boreham Wood were in it recently and I'd love to see Alty against one of these teams, or perhaps a trip to Ireland! I understand Northwich played Parma in the Anglo-Italian cup some years ago, but I'd settle for this de facto "home nations" competition. I dare say Greenock Morton would enjoy visiting us again aswell!

As for 2016/17, none of them were given enough time, obviously, same as United since (our man) Fergy retired. I they've any sense, they'll give Ole a chance, same as Derby should have done with Nigel.
Fortunately I didn't see many games that season, and I might say I was disgusted to read of the personal ad hominem attacks on Young I read about in the NLP. Still, I guess there'll always be the "bloody rubbish Alty" types. Not many times these past thirty years when there wasn't someone moaning about something, I should think. I'm just grsteful we don't have any real problems like Northwich and Macc. Enjoy!!!

Up until about 18 months ago I had a mate lived and worked up in the north, and used to take in quite a few games in the Highland League. Cove weren't popular, new ground and some money behind them, but of jealousy perhaps. Certainly were a club on the up, hopefully they can keep going through the pandemic.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2020, 11:13:19 PM »

I think the English qualifiers are the two highest clubs in the National League who don't actually get promoted, so it might be a tough task for this season. For an oddity, I am sure I remember Wrexham representing England while TNS were representing Wales one year.

Nationalities can be fluid, as I  know as I am eligible to play for both countries, but I would really enjoy that competition as well, Hugh, and Greenock Morton would be very welcome hosts or visitors.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fisayo Adarabioyo