News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Substantial Sundays: King George showing the game

Author Topic: Substantial Sundays: King George showing the game  (Read 2788 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 21, 2020, 05:51:50 PM »

I'm told King George have a £3 menu on Sunday as all people in the pub must be eating. I'm told it'll be something like Hotpot etc.

As someone who works in hospitality operations, it's never been tougher to be run a pub, but one reliant on sports must be on its knees.

If you can get down there, please do try to. It's a pub that's always tried to support the football club and one that supported playoff streaming.

Grab a table, £3 dish, pint and let's watch Peers continue his run of cupsets. (If other pubs are showing I'll update)

COYR.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:02:08 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Substantial Sundays: King George showing the game
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »

Sounds good. I'll try to be there

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 10:25:49 PM »

From what I have heard secondhand in Liverpool, where tier 3 rules have already been in place, the rules are supposed to be one meal per drink, so make sure you eat slowly (or possibly in large quantities if you have a few drinks!) so there is food alongside your drink. I have also seen a picture of Merseyside Police checking a pub to ensure that people are having something to eat.
Farcical, I know.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 10:31:41 PM »

From what I have heard secondhand in Liverpool, where tier 3 rules have already been in place, the rules are supposed to be one meal per drink, so make sure you eat slowly (or possibly in large quantities if you have a few drinks!) so there is food alongside your drink. I have also seen a picture of Merseyside Police checking a pub to ensure that people are having something to eat.
Farcical, I know.

A 5 course meal!

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »

Farcical, I know.

A 5 course meal!
Good value for £3!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »

Great value... if u can get there why not watch the Alty game at The King George and as well as supporting The Robins u can support one of our local pubs during these testing times for the pub industry...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 07:53:01 AM »

Bit strange at first, but I enjoyed 3 pints alongside a half price Roast during the game.

They'll be showing Hartlepool and Dover.
It's all my fault.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 01:35:24 PM »

Farcical, I know.

Beware of urban myths - people should just read the UK.Gov website, then take a step back and read it even slower. It's all there.

Problem is that it is open to interpretation : Pubs must close unless serving substantial meals - alcohol only served with a meal - so a meal and three pints would seem fine to me. A meal and then 9 pints is maybe taking the pi$$.
All the government is trying to do is to keep kn*bheads who cannot behave out of the pubs, whilst keeping some pubs open for those of us with some discipline after beer and civic respect for others.

Other urban myths = you can only go to work if you are a 'key worker', you can only exercise once per day etc etc...….Gov website made it clear 'reasonable excuse' to be away from home was to go to work or to exercise (no restrictions on either)

Rant over
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 01:37:31 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team