PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Family Zoomchat
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alty Family Zoomchat  (Read 10062 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Alty Family Zoomchat
« on: October 23, 2020, 01:08:09 PM »

Hi All,

As we can only communicate via this site and also via facebook, I am planning to set up a Zoom meeting for several of us to meet for a weekly catch up and chat. Aside from myself and Lawrence Looney, Allison Lewis is also interested and I would like fans to meet weekly face-to-face on Zoom, to discuss all things Alty during the lockdown. This will only take place while we are unable to meet up for games, but it would also be nice for some of our non-local fans such as JD/Harold etc, to join the group.

I would suggest we meet up say on a Sunday/Wednesday after games in particular, just to have a catch-up. I am willing to host these for 40 minutes per chat session. Some of our fans are feeling isolated and we all miss our friends from the terraces too. I use it for groups of my own friends and the chats are still very popular with us now. One of the members of our chat I have not seen or heard from in over 40 years.

So this email is just to gauge further interest. This invite also includes any players who wish to join us if they so wish. We are all part of the same family, and I am missing my club as much as everybody else is.

Feel free to discuss on here, and PM me if you are interested in joining. Open a can/bottle of beer while talking if you wish!! I intend to start a WhatsApp and Zoom meeting for us all.

Interested or any comments??

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty Family Zoomchat
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 09:46:11 PM »

Nice idea!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 06:49:59 AM »

aye good idea,i will have to get zoom and learn how to use it first though.
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 12:54:06 PM »

Hi all,

If any of you wish to join, can you send me a PM, I will be setting things up this afternoon, and intend to have our first zoom meeting after the match around 4pm. Once you have sorted this, I will send instructions to you all via Whatsapp on your mobile phones. If you both join there should be a total of five of us, which will be just right for us all to be able to talk face to face on laptops or mobile phones.

You will need to install Google Meet on your phones/laptops. Once done, I will give you two codes to enter, you should then see other participants, and be able to talk freely to one another. More details to follow this pm. Anyone else wish to join you are quite welcome, players, board, management, fans - whoever!!

Standby

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 01:29:03 PM »

can i do it from my computer i have the zoom icon now in chrome
Harold

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 01:54:15 PM »

Hi Steve, good luck with this but your messages seem a bit mixed up, so I'm just here to give you a hand.

If you're arranging a chat on Google Meet, then that isn't Zoom. Zoom is something else. Sort of like if you said I'm arranging a football match, so meet at the ice rink and be sure to have your skates.

Google Meet isn't something you have to install by the way. Harold, if you're on a computer. Just type Google Meet into Google and click on the first thing that comes up. You'll see a box that says "Enter a code or link". Steve should send you a code to type in and then you'll be good to go.

Hope you manage to get it going!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 02:12:59 PM by RageAgainstTheFirstTeam »
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 03:16:51 PM »

Thank you very much for the last message 'Rage against the First Team'. Much appreciated.

It is the Zoom one I am after, I was getting mixed up with the Google one I had also. You are right, that is a different one and I got confused between the two. That is why I could not find my mates last week using that one, when our laptop wasn't working!

What I do need is for you all to PM me your mobile phone numbers, so I can build them into the Alty Family WhatsApp site. I can then build them into Zoom. My wife, Carys from Chester, has just pointed out my errors so I just need your mobiles first so I can build them into this and Zoom. Carys will help me as she is more computer literate than me. We can then agree meet times and I will send the codes via WhatsApp, once I know we are all available. I am looking at 4pm Sunday, after the Alty game. Weekly, thereafter.

Not only will we have the Zoom, but can then communicate via WhatsApp - good luck all! Thanks once again Rage!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 04:28:52 PM »

my mobile is just a £8 one cannot connect to the internet with it though.I do have Zoom on the computer i have the app which is blue with a white camara on it hope this is the one. thanks to rage
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »

HSmith and JD, did you get my email listing meeting details ok?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 10:59:15 PM »

HSmith and JD, did you get my email listing meeting details ok?

Yes thanks. I hope I can get the technology to work!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 12:21:42 AM »

Lads, short notice change, can you make it 1930pm instead, Allison is not available until then, I am still awaiting to hear from Lawrence also.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 12:49:26 AM »

Lads, short notice change, can you make it 1930pm instead, Allison is not available until then, I am still awaiting to hear from Lawrence also.

Try my best!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 06:01:50 AM »

Thanks steve,will give it a go
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47:56 AM »

Great, see you all later. Hopefully if this works out ok, we will get more signing up.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »

OK we are all now set up for tonight, total of five of us, a nice number with everybody getting good chance to talk about the game etc.

Message if anybody else wishes to be set up, we can have up to 9 or 10, then it becomes difficult for everybody to speak after that number.

Remember to click the video and sound icon and ensure you are off mute.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Family Zoomchat