PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Tuesday Match Thread  (Read 13669 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2020, 09:04:39 AM »

How long have we had trouble scoring from Pens on a regular basis i mean
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2020, 09:52:15 AM »

Quite a while, we dont score enough of them and need to find a regular taker and a backup.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2020, 09:55:35 AM »

Quite a while, we dont score enough of them and need to find a regular taker and a backup.

I'm surprised Mooney didn't fancy it.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2020, 11:46:59 AM »

Great commentary on RR. It was edge of the seat stuff at the end. First time I've felt exhausted after the game.

The injury list is worrying. That was our undoing last time we were in this league.

Good to hear Ceesay is back on song though. He took a few knocks last night too. I hope we aren't in a league of cloggers.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »

I have had to turn the sound off on the live streaming. We have just been introduced as Altrincham Town. FFS.
Let's hope the Radio Robins comentary is in sync with the vision.
unfortunately for me Radio Robins was way out of sync. I switched commentary off after they accused Alty of trying to get their player sent off as Ringo was being lifted onto the stretcher. Strewth!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2020, 03:21:22 PM »

Radio Robins was about 30 seconds ahead of the TV streaming on Sunday too. The guy from Fylde was OK so I stuck with him.

I didn't sign up for streaming last night.

AltyFan101

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2020, 05:56:05 PM »

There's nothing new here. We are a very good team and last night we showed that with a very brave performance. We just need someone who can put the ball in the net. Unfortunately, I think that the injuries to Willo and Ringo have prioritised another position we now urgently need to fill. 100% expect a new face/new faces this week.

We have been linked with Brad Abbott, a central midfielder who only recently joined Grantham Town from from Boston...

Read into it what you will: https://twitter.com/Non_League_Guy/status/1321076554781347841?s=20

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2020, 08:26:18 PM »

Pleasing aspects:

We looked fitter than them last night, and finished the game stronger - whilst the injuries are racking up, it could of course be down to rotten luck, the lads have kept going for 95 minutes every game.

I didn't actually mind us going a bit more industrial with our balls down the channels in the last 10 minutes; they were looking weary and had started to make plenty of mistakes (culminating in the penalty of course).

Whilst he's still a bit of a rough diamond at the moment, Senior looks like an absolute gem. You don't sign for Burnley for no reason, I just hope he continues to develop (particularly the defensive side of his game) and that we can have him for long enough.

Parky has some really good squad options which means he can rotate effectively, it's reassuring to know someone very capable can come on if someone has to go off, we really don't have any passengers these days.

Less pleasing aspects:

By his standards, Hanks has had a poor start to the season. All the more reason in my opinion to give him a go up top; he knows where the net is, we know he's got the quality to retain the ball, and I think Kosylo could slot in at No10 really nicely with Ceesay & Mooney either side.

Sorry to have a pop, I know it's a forum and everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the hysteria after the Fylde game - after 2 weeks of isolation and bugger all training - was a bit much. Yes we probably won't trouble the top half of the table but I think we'll be OK.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2020, 09:29:05 PM »

the hysteria after the Fylde game - after 2 weeks of isolation and bugger all training - was a bit much. Yes we probably won't trouble the top half of the table but I think we'll be OK.

Agreed

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2020, 08:56:08 AM »

the hysteria after the Fylde game - after 2 weeks of isolation and bugger all training - was a bit much. Yes we probably won't trouble the top half of the table but I think we'll be OK.

Agreed

We threw away 16k,  the same anmount we worked so hard to raise in the early months of testing.

It's all my fault.

AltyFan101

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2020, 03:05:40 PM »

Agreed

We threw away 16k,  the same anmount we worked so hard to raise in the early months of testing.

I would hardly say "threw away" - Fylde are a very good side and we had only trained once in the last two and a half weeks.  I thought after we settled into the game, we started playing a bit better.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2020, 03:11:25 PM »

The pen i must say the keeper did well,he guesses correctly and made a good save.
Harold

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2020, 03:20:17 PM »

Agreed

Absolutely

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2020, 04:52:32 PM »

Agreed

I think the phrase "threw away" is an insult to our (part-time) lads that are really going to be stretching themselves for us this season.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2020, 07:50:57 PM »

Agreed

We didn't throw anything away.
Where does the figure of £16k come from?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 07:58:10 PM by Brian Flynn »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tuesday Match Thread