PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clayton
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clayton  (Read 5240 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Clayton
« on: October 26, 2020, 02:46:31 PM »

There's news about Max Clayton on the club's official website now.

AltyFan101

Re: Clayton
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 02:59:25 PM »

All the best to Max, something clearly didn't work out for him.  Just hope he doesn't move on to a club higher up and start banging goals in for fun - that would be very, very frustrating.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 03:03:44 PM »

We've clearly got something in the pipeline and being further down the pecking order didn't suit Clayton for obvious reasons.
Good luck in the future Max.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 03:06:26 PM »

Cracking start to the season so far...

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 03:11:40 PM »

Writing was on the wall when he was left out yesterday, which I must admit I found surprising. If you're not getting in one of those seven places, given our obvious need for attacking options, you're not long for here. Quite disappointed about this because I had hoped he would rebuild his career here, seemed a great lad when he came down for the photo day and I hope he gets a bit of luck elsewhere. Not convinced he was given a proper crack at it but we aren't in a position to wait around for lads to come good I guess. Suppose he was on a short term contract for this reason.

All the best to the lad.

AltyFan101

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 03:14:56 PM »

Just curious, how many points would people settle for for our games against Hartlepool and Dover?  For me, I would go to both looking for the win but I would be pretty happy with a draw at Hartlepool.  I know Dover can be a tough place to go to with the long journey and anti-football pitch (which we will have to consider) but nevertheless I feel like those are the sorts of games we need to be getting three points from, maybe I'd feel more inclined towards just a point if we had beaten Weymouth and weren't bottom due to unfortunate circumstances....

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 03:15:10 PM »

Now, this will have been an immensely difficult decision for Phil. Good luck to Max; I really hope it works out for him. Yes, there will almost certainly be something in the pipeline. I actually think the Chris Porter (Crewe) shout somebody made, is fairly realistic.

AltyFan101

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »

Writing was on the wall when he was left out yesterday, which I must admit I found surprising. If you're not getting in one of those seven places, given our obvious need for attacking options, you're not long for here. Quite disappointed about this because I had hoped he would rebuild his career here, seemed a great lad when he came down for the photo day and I hope he gets a bit of luck elsewhere. Not convinced he was given a proper crack at it but we aren't in a position to wait around for lads to come good I guess. Suppose he was on a short term contract for this reason.

All the best to the lad.

Completely agree, I presume Parky had already talked to Max about the situation and that's why I'm surprised Clayton didn't start, let alone feature on the bench, yesterday.  But, as always, keep faith Parky knows what's best for the club in the long-term.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 03:52:44 PM »

Shame for Max, for a team that is averaging less than a goal a game, its a shame he didn't get more minutes.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 04:11:58 PM »

Shame for Max, for a team that is averaging less than a goal a game, its a shame he didn't get more minutes.

If he wasn't ready to play, he wasn't ready to play - simple as that.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »

If he wasn't ready to play, he wasn't ready to play - simple as that.

Yes, but he did feature in the opening game, and as well as pre-season football, even as an impact sub, I thought he might get the odd fit of football.
It's all my fault.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 05:09:09 PM »

Just curious, how many points would people settle for for our games against Hartlepool and Dover?  For me, I would go to both looking for the win but I would be pretty happy with a draw at Hartlepool.  I know Dover can be a tough place to go to with the long journey and anti-football pitch (which we will have to consider) but nevertheless I feel like those are the sorts of games we need to be getting three points from, maybe I'd feel more inclined towards just a point if we had beaten Weymouth and weren't bottom due to unfortunate circumstances....

Not necessarily talking about the points. Hume leaving the day before the season starts, losing 2 weeks to Covid, the Hulme replacement being a player who's barely scored a single goal in 5 years, Max Clayton leaving, the list goes on.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »

Shame to see someone else move on, but wish him well...
Hope he signed his shirt before he went as mate sponsored him as one of couple of player's shirt sponsorships...

Hopefully we have some new faces to come in shortly...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 05:54:40 PM by Inter Alty! »
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 06:37:35 PM »

On the plus side we are staying overnight in Dover. That should help.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 06:39:01 PM »

Not necessarily talking about the points. Hume leaving the day before the season starts, losing 2 weeks to Covid, the Hulme replacement being a player who's barely scored a single goal in 5 years, Max Clayton leaving, the list goes on.

They are still looking for options!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clayton