News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It just doesn't make sense

Author Topic: It just doesn't make sense  (Read 3971 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 30, 2020, 11:49:25 PM »

From the main site: "Following discussions between the government & the Football Association on September 29th, the FA explained that where elite and non-elite clubs are playing, only supporters of non-elite clubs will be permitted entry, and only if their club is at home."

if it was due to travelling or capacity I could understand (up to a point), but due to the level we play at just makes no sense.

Is the virus now selective about the clubs fans support?

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: It just doesn't make sense
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 09:23:15 AM »

Agree... the govt approach i believe is wrong...

I understand why say cannot have 76,000 crammed into Old Trafford (or big stadia of top clubs), but whilst teams like United can at present maintain losses of circa £5mill per game due to no fans (according to BBC) the smaller clubs lower down the football pyramid struggle as rely on fans and if crowds under 5,000 (or in our case maybe circa 1,500) then surely clubs can work with this figure - especially if even lower down the non-league ladder crowds of 200-400 are allowed...

I also appreciate that if there was no Prem footy then fans of say United, City, Liverpool, etc may seek their footy fix by then going to Alty (if we allowed fans) thus swelling our potential crowds to maybe 3,000... but still we could surely cope...

I personally feel fans (upto say max 3,000 - 5,000) should be allowed at matches involving Division 1 & 2 of EFL and ALL non-league clubs to help clubs survive & let fans enjoy football which in the modern Covid world is a great escape and good for mental health & wellbeing... i know the govt has given monies to help clubs like Alty to hopefully prevent any more clubs going out of business, but the govt also needs to think of wellbeing of fans too...

Even if limited Alty to say 500 - 1000 capacity (maybe season ticket holders & then residual via online tic purchase) then surely 1000 fans in outside fresh air (with mask) is far safer than some indoor events we've all seen in papers or on news where up to 10,000 been allowed indoors with masks on...

Whatever figure Alty or lower league/non-league clubs were allowed (this was calculated at start of season on 15% or 30% of capacity before govt changed rules) it would help clubs and their fans wellbeing/health just to have the escape of football to take our minds off the nightmare of Covid issues...

I believe a petition that raised over 200,000 signatures about all clubs letting fans back into grounds is due to be discussed by the govt of Nov 9th in Parliament - hopefully something may happen there... but not holding my breath...

Anyway, maybe all irrelevant as looks like we are probably going back into Nationsl Lockdown again next week... ☹️
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 09:27:24 AM »

Bottom line is, we like all fans, just want to be able to support our team via the matchday experience... resulting in helping both our club & our own wellbeing/health... LET FANS IN!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 11:50:58 AM »

If there is another lockdown next week then the elite tag may be the thing that keeps alty games going, so double edged sword. Also if not key workers our players may be available to train full time
Bernard Taylors barmy army

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »

From the main site: "Following discussions between the government & the Football Association on September 29th, the FA explained that where elite and non-elite clubs are playing, only supporters of non-elite clubs will be permitted entry, and only if their club is at home."

if it was due to travelling or capacity I could understand (up to a point), but due to the level we play at just makes no sense.

Is the virus now selective about the clubs fans support?
”Government Makes Crazy Covid Statement” is no longer news. I always have the TV remote close to hand in case any of the clowns appear. The virus sits in at the governments covid meetings and is briefed as to what it can and can’t do. Absolutely farcical.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 02:31:37 PM »

Some excellent replies.

So many ridiculous contradictions in the policies!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 02:36:20 PM »

It would be a lot easier it all 4 countries adopted one policy rather than the point scoring crap that is going on.
Absolutely nothing United about this Kingdom.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 02:56:03 PM »

totally agree Ray
Harold

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 03:01:10 PM »

It would be a lot easier it all 4 countries adopted one policy rather than the point scoring crap that is going on.

Absolutely. Too many megalomaniacs trying to outdo each other!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 06:11:56 PM »

Agree... the govt approach i believe is wrong...

I understand why say cannot have 76,000 crammed into Old Trafford (or big stadia of top clubs), but whilst teams like United can at present maintain losses of circa £5mill per game due to no fans (according to BBC) the smaller clubs lower down the football pyramid struggle as rely on fans and if crowds under 5,000 (or in our case maybe circa 1,500) then surely clubs can work with this figure - especially if even lower down the non-league ladder crowds of 200-400 are allowed...

I also appreciate that if there was no Prem footy then fans of say United, City, Liverpool, etc may seek their footy fix by then going to Alty (if we allowed fans) thus swelling our potential crowds to maybe 3,000... but still we could surely cope...

I personally feel fans (upto say max 3,000 - 5,000) should be allowed at matches involving Division 1 & 2 of EFL and ALL non-league clubs to help clubs survive & let fans enjoy football which in the modern Covid world is a great escape and good for mental health & wellbeing... i know the govt has given monies to help clubs like Alty to hopefully prevent any more clubs going out of business, but the govt also needs to think of wellbeing of fans too...

Even if limited Alty to say 500 - 1000 capacity (maybe season ticket holders & then residual via online tic purchase) then surely 1000 fans in outside fresh air (with mask) is far safer than some indoor events we've all seen in papers or on news where up to 10,000 been allowed indoors with masks on...

Whatever figure Alty or lower league/non-league clubs were allowed (this was calculated at start of season on 15% or 30% of capacity before govt changed rules) it would help clubs and their fans wellbeing/health just to have the escape of football to take our minds off the nightmare of Covid issues...

I believe a petition that raised over 200,000 signatures about all clubs letting fans back into grounds is due to be discussed by the govt of Nov 9th in Parliament - hopefully something may happen there... but not holding my breath...

Anyway, maybe all irrelevant as looks like we are probably going back into Nationsl Lockdown again next week... ☹️
regarding MANCHESTER United they informed season ticket holders that they had put a proposal forward to the government pre October with how they could accommodate 23,500 fans from the then proposed restart date of October 1. The plan outlined how match operations would function moving 23,500 into the stadium, during the match, and exiting the ground whilst observing covid related legislation. They invited the government to challenge any point they were not happy with. Upshot is, they got a simple NO. No fault found and no feedback offered. The government invited premier league clubs to forward their plans for consideration. Said plans submitted and rejected with no constructive criticism. Sound familiar?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 06:20:51 PM »

Been that way for decades.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team