PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins| Dover Athletic v Altrincham
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Radio Robins| Dover Athletic v Altrincham  (Read 9554 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Robins| Dover Athletic v Altrincham
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2020, 03:59:47 PM »

We’re fine. I think Brian telling their steward to ‘shut your f**king mouth’ after he pulled leads out of his computer to try and stop us broadcasting was his finest moment, of many.
priceless. absolutely priceless 😃 😃

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 04:00:16 PM »

We’re fine. I think Brian telling their steward to ‘shut your f**king mouth’ after he pulled leads out of his computer to try and stop us broadcasting was his finest moment, of many.

That was indisputably pure Radio Robins broadcasting gold.

A Eucharistic minister at his finest!

I could hear that from the bog!

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »

Also, he hadn’t succeeded in stopping you broadcasting at the point Brian said that! 

Hartlepool’s reign as most petty minded irritating club in the league didn’t last long did it?  At least they did it for competitive reasons. What on earth do they gain from this attitude?  It’s like us advertising a supporters coach all week only to get down there and be told it’s all ticket.  What’s the socially distant equivalent of a riot?

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 04:12:26 PM »

I can fully understand the point of view from Hartlepool and at least their manager was honest about the reasons for it. Today's incident sounds embarrassing for Dover.
Perhaps it is time we stood up for ourselves a bit more particularly with regards to segregation when it is raining. Obviously when spectators are allowed again.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »

I can fully understand the point of view from Hartlepool and at least their manager was honest about the reasons for it. Today's incident sounds embarrassing for Dover.
Perhaps it is time we stood up for ourselves a bit more particularly with regards to segregation when it is raining. Obviously when spectators are allowed again.

Obviously when DOVER spectators are allowed again. HAA HA HA

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »

Also, he hadn’t succeeded in stopping you broadcasting at the point Brian said that! 

Hartlepool’s reign as most petty minded irritating club in the league didn’t last long did it?  At least they did it for competitive reasons. What on earth do they gain from this attitude?  It’s like us advertising a supporters coach all week only to get down there and be told it’s all ticket.   What’s the socially distant equivalent of a riot?

Probably a stand-off

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2020, 06:03:53 PM »

I emailed at half time. Basically complained about their live stream first - FIVE attempts to register, but every one of them told me to "use the link above". There WAS no link. Then complained about the deplorable attitude of the jobsworth who pulled the plug. If anybody can explain the alleged impact of our broadcast on Dover's "revenue stream" I'd be grateful ! Not having a viable registration link caused a bigger impact !

I told them they couldn't organise the proverbial in a brewery, and that I would never attend their future home matches against us (if any - I also told them I hoped they'd be relegated).

I doubt they've got the basic manners to respond.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2020, 07:44:14 PM »

Not got a reply to my polite emails or tweet yet either!

Waiting for hell to freeze over!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2020, 09:22:39 PM »

I wouldn’t be surprised if the asylum seekers pitch up at Dover take one look at what a sh*thole it is and say.       “Bollocks to this “ and go back to whence they came.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2020, 09:48:28 PM »

I get nervous listening to Alty too. ☺

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2020, 09:54:44 PM »

I get nervous listening to Alty too. ☺

Many LOLs

My ex told me she was at a LibDem conference and they were talking about building sh*ts on the Clyde, so I thought I would halp (living in the Forth of Clyde), though it's not impossible I heard her wong!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »

I didn't realise what had gone on until yesterday evening. Absolutely dreadful behaviour by Dover and I hope all our guys are ok. 👍🔴⚪
Come on Alty!

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2020, 11:29:33 AM »

Please may I ask what did happen?

Sorry if I have missed the story elsewhere.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2020, 01:14:46 PM »

Ok Ianpickles,this is what i heard.
'The players had just come out onto the pitch,we will be kicking off very soon,no we ware not from the BBC,no,no we are not from the BBC, we are radio Robins no we are not from the BBC we are from radio robins we have permission from your club and a press pass.they want us to stop broadcasting,we have permission from your club,then a crash bang and brian shouting.that was the bases of what i heard.After that Radio Robins went quiet
Harold

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2020, 01:23:35 PM »

Despite having media passes, advertising coverage all week and arriving at the ground and setting up the kit, it was at 2:59 when some bloke from Dover was heard on radio robins telling them to shut down and they weren't allowed to broadcast.  Brian explained to him that we had permission etc but they said no.  It quickly escalated when it sounded like the Dover chap started interfering with the equipment - obviously hard to tell over the radio but it did not sound very socially distanced(!) and Mr Flynn was moved to an exclamation not normally heard on Radio Robins!

They are claiming some sort of licensing issues connected to their live stream but I don't see how Dover can suddenly acquire all radio broadcast rights to a national league game.  It's got to be nonsense and I for one am fuming having been stuck outside yesterday afternoon unable to follow the game.  I can't imagine how annoyed the Radio Robins guys are having give up their time to go down there to provide the coverage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins| Dover Athletic v Altrincham