PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread  (Read 14381 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2020, 12:32:23 PM »

Solihull declared at 0-2. Their manager even said in his interview he was disappointed they didn’t come away with a 3,4 or 5. We have had appalling luck with injuries, so we need to go out and bring in replacements. We cannot wing it at this level, I don’t expect us to have two complete  teams of conference players which Solihull seem to have but we will be a 1/4 away through the season before we know it so we need extra personnel to see us through this injury crisis. I thought last night would be a tough ask, even at full strength, that’s what makes results like last Saturday so infuriating. We didn’t play well, we kept ourselves in the game without troubling the Solihull goalkeeper. We are going to get beat more than we win in this league at the moment, we all know that and I’m all for positive vibes. But don’t piss in our pocket and tell us it’s raining, we’ve watched football for a long time, there needs to be additions be on a loan basis or signings.

One more thing, that is the least of our troubles I know. But how many people are actually needed to be in the stadium on a match day? It’s hurting people having to stay away, some who’ve had years of unbroken service taken away from them due to these restrictions. Yet we see lots of people sat in the mainstand and also people stood watching the game on the csh terrace and in golf road end second half. I don’t know what they are there for but how about keeping them off camera as it just makes people indignant. As does reports of an ex player travelling from another county during lock down to watch a game football. Unless it’s work related why.... there’s plenty of us travelled up and down the nation for years missing out here, and it’s nothing personal but that sort of thing really doesn’t help people. Here’s to a better day on Saturday

Thanks for the commentary feedback Pete.

Regarding people in the ground, I didn't see anyone there on Wednesday who shouldn't have been there, but will take a proper look today, discuss with Paul Carter & Nigel Bunce & come back to you.

Regarding Jordan Hulme, my bad, he wasn't at the game apparently & the information that I received was incorrect.Apologies.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »

Solihull won't have many easier games this season.

Not sure why the commentary team seemed confused about them removing their best players - we wouldn't have scored two goals if we were still playing now.

I don't think either of us were confused. Sbarra was injured when tackled by Connor Hampson & we assumed that Osborne also had a knock, although we weren't sure about that.

What about Jordan Hulme being there? That certainly caused some confusion.
It's all my fault.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2020, 10:09:48 PM »

It certainly did, that was my fault, apologies.

The short version of this is that I was told Jordan Hulme was attending, but that information appears to have been incorrect.

I think that I have a good idea how this happened, but it's probably not a good idea to share this as it's only my personal interpretation & may not be true & 2 untruths do not equate to a truth.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2020, 12:56:44 PM »

The short version of this is that I was told Jordan Hulme was attending, but that information appears to have been incorrect.

I think that I have a good idea how this happened, but it's probably not a good idea to share this as it's only my personal interpretation & may not be true & 2 untruths do not equate to a truth.
It wasn’t the steward at Dover was it?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2020, 01:17:57 PM »

Thanks Brian, appreciate the reply.

Shame it's not because he's re-joining eh?
It's all my fault.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »

It wasn’t the steward at Dover was it?

I'm sure he was involved. ;D ;D ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2020, 01:48:24 PM »

Thanks Brian, appreciate the reply.

Shame it's not because he's re-joining eh?

It certainly is. As we'd all expect, Jordan has made a good start at AFC Fylde but you never know what the future will hold.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull (Wednesday) Match Thread