News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood programme

Author Topic: Borehamwood programme  (Read 2988 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Borehamwood programme
« on: November 21, 2020, 08:32:21 PM »

I've just got around to looking at the Boreham Wood Programme provided free with the feed.

In his notes the chairman has given it both bores. He's unhappy with the supporters for erm not being supporters. He acknowledges they are operating way above where they should be when they can only pull in crowds of 650 but then goes on to castigate the younger supporters for their inflated expectations. Apparently 90% of season ticket buyers asked for a refund once it became clear they wouldn't be allowed in the ground and those same supporters haven't bothered buying a stream either.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Borehamwood programme
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 08:49:07 PM »

It was a great five page rant which made the programme worth every penny (well, it was free, as you said).
I hadn't realised until recently just how long Danny Hunter has been at the club; he has been there since 1999, and does put me in mind a bit of Dave Pace, although unlike Droylsden, his team have lasted more than one season after a rise to the top level of non-League.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:54:28 PM »

I was wondering if anyone else read their programme. You summarised it much more articulately than their chairman did.

I found it to be an absolutely bizarre diatribe. At one point he asks his supporters to remember what it was like to clap for the NHS and show the same unity over Twitter.

So crowds of 2000 don't appear overnight... I feel like we have seen this somewhere before... more than once 😂

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »

I've just got around to looking at the Boreham Wood Programme provided free with the feed.

In his notes the chairman has given it both bores. He's unhappy with the supporters for erm not being supporters. He acknowledges they are operating way above where they should be when they can only pull in crowds of 650 but then goes on to castigate the younger supporters for their inflated expectations. Apparently 90% of season ticket buyers asked for a refund once it became clear they wouldn't be allowed in the ground and those same supporters haven't bothered buying a stream either.

Given the lack of quality of their streaming service, matched with their lack of ambition on the pitch, I'd have asked for my money back too.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 09:31:54 PM »

I know Arsenal must have given them a lot of money as it’s their ladies teams home ground but Hunter must have poured millions & millions into Boreham Wood & frankly no one locally ever appears that bothered. Basically a Ryman league side with a very nice ground.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 11:27:59 PM »

I did think it would be good if Moss Lane ended up looking like that
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood programme