Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread - ko 7pm (not 7:45)!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread - ko 7pm (not 7:45)!  (Read 14140 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread - ko 7pm (not 7:45)!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2020, 10:35:49 PM »

Adarabioyo and McDonald are two very different types of striker. They share one thing with Peers though. They're not Conference National standard.

Even Paddy Lacey scored for Chester tonight !

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2020, 10:36:33 PM »

Shows a good forward is difficult to get hold of!

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »

We got turned over by a very professional conference side. Footballing wise we were better than them but these teams get a goal ahead then appeal for everything and kick the ball away from our players during breaks in play and waste as much time as possible.

Never a red for Kosylo

Hannigan would have done more up top tonight than Fis and McDonald put together

All the passing football is good to watch but unless we test the opposition goalkeeper we won’t win games.

Need to buy a 15+ goal scorer

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2020, 11:42:40 PM »

We've now played a quarter of our league fixtures, so pro rata we're heading for 36 goals. We need someone capable of scoring 18 goals at least in our remaining 33 matches.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2020, 12:26:53 AM »

Red card looked harsh on live stream.

Maybe it could be appealed.

I do hope Kosylo didn't come back on after the final whistle to speak to The Ref.  That could add more games to any suspension were it viewed dimly and/or result in a fine for failing to control our player (Kosylo)

Depends how/if reported by the ref and in what manner Matty approached him - though I doubt calmly!

IMHO it was an appalling decision by the ref and I hpe we can get a (successful) appeal.
Him re entering the FoP at all is potentially enough for at least 1 more game irrespective of what may have been said and how.
Bizarrely it would be possible to win an appeal and still lose him for 3 games or more

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2020, 06:47:17 AM »

we need to get the ball forward quicker,that was our biggest problem second half
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2020, 07:48:18 AM »

I agree that I think they saw out the game comfortably - after they scored their early goal they just completely ditched their high press (every team knows to do it against us) and were happy to let us have the ball. They defended really well, fair play to them.

I disagree with getting the ball forward quicker - I think we're better when we're being patient but that's where we really miss Jordan - those little balls to release players in and around the box, the cut backs etc - a lot of the time we just launched aimless crosses into the box that they dealt with comfortably.

andrewflynn

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2020, 08:36:36 AM »

We got well and truly Conferenced last night, for the first time this season.

Really reminded me of the jobs Stockport did on us in the North actually. Well drilled, professional, compact and make you work your socks off for half a chance.

We've got to appeal that Kosylo red. Barely a booking.

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2020, 08:58:57 AM »

I wasnt able to watch or listen to last nights game but from the comments on here it sounds like Bromley were a very strong, well drilled team and deserved their win.
As for the sending off well its always difficult to appeal unless its a mistaken identity or very clearly an error by the official. Also if our player has gone onto the field of play at the end it will almost certainly increase the ban if the ref includes it in his report, but surely his teammates and the guys on the bench should have stopped him from doing so

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2020, 09:04:35 AM »

Really reminded me of the jobs Stockport did on us in the North actually. Well drilled, professional, compact and make you work your socks off for half a chance.

I thought we were Conferenced but if we had a decent striker, that might not have been the case. Fis had two decent chances to score and should have buried one of them
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2020, 09:18:07 AM »

I thought we were Conferenced but if we had a decent striker, that might not have been the case. Fis had two decent chances to score and should have buried one of them

The striker problem is arguably the biggest part of our overall shortcomings. We're playing some good stuff until we reach the final third.

onetoothsdad

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2020, 09:29:48 AM »

Yes l agree that we aren't scoring enough goals but how many times do we give the opposition a head start.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2020, 09:36:05 AM »

I wasnt able to watch or listen to last nights game but from the comments on here it sounds like Bromley were a very strong, well drilled team and deserved their win.
As for the sending off well its always difficult to appeal unless its a mistaken identity or very clearly an error by the official. Also if our player has gone onto the field of play at the end it will almost certainly increase the ban if the ref includes it in his report, but surely his teammates and the guys on the bench should have stopped him from doing so

Do we even know if MK came back on the pitch at the end? Someone said they hoped he hadn't but that doesn't mean he did. I saw Sutton in extended conversation with the ref at the end of the game but I didn't see Matty at all.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2020, 09:47:53 AM »

Bromley came with a plan, they executed it pretty much perfectly. Get the early lead, before we've got going and the Jose style, protect it with compact defending within the 18 yard box.

We did have some chances, not many but they were all snuffed out. On a heavy pitch we not unexpectedly tired a little second half, losing Hampo was crucial and Ceesay, was clattered first half and pretty much ineffective after that as was probably injured as carried on. They closed and pressed well, new how to time waste and break our rhythm. Average fulltime team that new how to handle us.

Parky and all of us know we need to get better in the final third, he'll be working on it, if its not from within, then just hope come January he knows whom he wants and we can secure there services unless there's a good loan signing out there to be done.

There was no lack of effort from anyone last night, that's a positive, hopefully at training they can work on stuff to improve the threat/finishing.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »

Bromley came with a plan, they executed it pretty much perfectly. Get the early lead, before we've got going and the Jose style, protect it with compact defending within the 18 yard box.

We did have some chances, not many but they were all snuffed out. On a heavy pitch we not unexpectedly tired a little second half, losing Hampo was crucial and Ceesay, was clattered first half and pretty much ineffective after that as was probably injured as carried on. They closed and pressed well, new how to time waste and break our rhythm. Average fulltime team that new how to handle us.

Parky and all of us know we need to get better in the final third, he'll be working on it, if its not from within, then just hope come January he knows whom he wants and we can secure there services unless there's a good loan signing out there to be done.

There was no lack of effort from anyone last night, that's a positive, hopefully at training they can work on stuff to improve the threat/finishing.

Why January? There's no window at this level?
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread - ko 7pm (not 7:45)!