PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elite sport spectators
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Elite sport spectators  (Read 9567 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Elite sport spectators
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »

As much as I'd love to see Alty (and, indeed Gtr manchester) in tier 2 or lower, if Manchester is in tier 3 than Trafford will have to be (I fear) because of the travel between the 2 areas.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »

Be interesting to know if Away fans will be able to get any tickets

No. There could be travel bans between teirs.

No travel ban between 1 and or 2.
It's all my fault.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 04:23:11 AM »

Be interesting to know if Away fans will be able to get any tickets

No. There could be travel bans between teirs.

No travel ban between 1 and or 2.

Ah, yes that could be right which would open up a lot of options. Ta.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 10:14:34 AM »

Does this mean that when Alty play torquey and weymouth  living in Exeter teir1 i would be able to go and watch em???
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 10:41:40 AM »

Does this mean that when Alty play torquey and weymouth  living in Exeter teir1 i would be able to go and watch em???

All depends if you can get a ticket, but in theory yes but more than likely in the home end.
It's all my fault.

Iateallthepies

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 12:43:07 PM »

All depends if you can get a ticket, but in theory yes but more than likely in the home end.
It will be highly unlikely there will be away fans at any games for the foreseeable future. Most clubs will be using tickets with season ticket holders getting preferences. 
As Cheshire is in a high risk area according to government website I dont think there will be anyone watching football at J.D. for a while yet. Except the board and the various random people in the stand and standing next to the community hall. Maybe the board at alty are immune. We seem to have a lot of board members.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »

It will be highly unlikely there will be away fans at any games for the foreseeable future. Most clubs will be using tickets with season ticket holders getting preferences. 
As Cheshire is in a high risk area according to government website I dont think there will be anyone watching football at J.D. for a while yet. Except the board and the various random people in the stand and standing next to the community hall. Maybe the board at alty are immune. We seem to have a lot of board members.

We have 7/8 directors, I believe, of which the number attending home games this season has been between 2-5.

Iateallthepies

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 02:18:46 PM »

So, who are the other people at the games? Sitting in the stand, there were more than 8 people in that stand at the last game. (Taking into account away directors if any)Also in front of the community hall, and in the family stand.
Just wondering. Thanks for answering the questions.

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 03:20:30 PM »

So, who are the other people at the games? Sitting in the stand, there were more than 8 people in that stand at the last game. (Taking into account away directors if any)Also in front of the community hall, and in the family stand.

In order from the front of the main stand, backwards.

First off, the area behind the dugouts that's typically reserved for directors on a 'normal match day' - that's now used by participating squad and staff members, on both sides. You can't cram everyone into the little dugouts due to regulations of course, so they're distanced and spread out across that section. Those who aren't aware of this may think it's just people there to watch and have a nice day out, but it's not. They're substitutes, coaches, physios. They're all involved in the game and part of the 'red zone.'

The 'red zone' extends into the general area of the main stand, so behind them you'll then find non-participating squad & staff members, on both sides. We had 8 or 9 players out against Solihull, for example? It's obviously going to look busy but again, they're there for a reason.

You then have the 'amber zone' reserved typically for media, on both sides. We're in the National League now, these sides don't just have one bloke doing the Twitter. Chesterfield had a few regional publications there, regional BBC and their own hefty media cohort.

I completely understand it must be frustrating to watch at home and from that camera you can gain all sorts of impressions but from what I've seen, almost everyone is there to do something or another. I hope that helps characterise the various random people.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2020, 03:44:13 PM »

maybe. If you live in Exeter the govt may decree you support Exeter City and no arguing.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 04:34:57 PM »

It does seem unfair that we might play at torquay with loads of fans yet have none at home, i think we might have benefitted so far but this will skew things the other way
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 04:59:19 PM »

In order from the front of the main stand, backwards.

First off, the area behind the dugouts that's typically reserved for directors on a 'normal match day' - that's now used by participating squad and staff members, on both sides. You can't cram everyone into the little dugouts due to regulations of course, so they're distanced and spread out across that section. Those who aren't aware of this may think it's just people there to watch and have a nice day out, but it's not. They're substitutes, coaches, physios. They're all involved in the game and part of the 'red zone.'

The 'red zone' extends into the general area of the main stand, so behind them you'll then find non-participating squad & staff members, on both sides. We had 8 or 9 players out against Solihull, for example? It's obviously going to look busy but again, they're there for a reason.

You then have the 'amber zone' reserved typically for media, on both sides. We're in the National League now, these sides don't just have one bloke doing the Twitter. Chesterfield had a few regional publications there, regional BBC and their own hefty media cohort.

I completely understand it must be frustrating to watch at home and from that camera you can gain all sorts of impressions but from what I've seen, almost everyone is there to do something or another. I hope that helps characterise the various random people.

The something or other I think is certainly grey...
It's all my fault.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 05:20:14 PM »

Presumably you can add a scout or two to the list above. Each of the next couple of opponents for each team send one person and that’s another 4 people

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 05:41:56 PM »

As Cheshire is in a high risk area according to government website I dont think there will be anyone watching football at J.D. for a while yet.
I think if the JD was in a high risk area and in Cheshire, there would indeed be spectators watching matches after December 2nd. Unfortunately it is in Greater Manchester which is Very High Risk, and IMHO is likely to remain so after December 2nd so there will be no spectators in the ground for the foreseeable future.

This seems an unfair advantage given to those teams in tier 1 and 2 areas. They can have home fans.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2020, 11:43:28 AM »

Greater Manchester is confirmed as tier 3. So our ground is in an area that is below the national average yet we still cannot have fans  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elite sport spectators