PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Maidenhead Match Thread  (Read 9661 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Maidenhead Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2020, 05:41:15 PM »

Congrats to Parky, Sorvs and the lads on a very impressive performance and superb result against one of the form teams in the league.

Far more solid all over the pitch but Hannigan and Smith in particular were excellent.

The subs also did very well - Colclough looks classy and dangerous, Peers took his chance well and looked good overall.

Well done lads!  :D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »

Tom Hannigan was immense today.

If he doesn't make NLP Team of the Day there's summat wrong

You could put  a few more in that team.   ... Kosylo, Smith, White  just for starters

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 05:46:11 PM »

Happy with that. It's the defence I would have gone with before the match and they managed to entirely snuff out a previously high-scoring team - White makes a difference to us defensively. It was a fabulous team performance. I'm still under no illusions as to the lack of quality we have up tops but tonight at least we can enjoy another home win. COYR.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2020, 05:50:44 PM »

Good performance and win against higher opposition...

We may have played 5 games more than some but rather get games played & points on board... come Jan/Feb some games could get postponed due to weather so rather have less to catch up... already playing Tue/Sat is testing...

Thought Smith & Colclough played well today... as did defence, led by Hannigan...

Looking forward to Wrexham away on Tueday which will be a tricky game... miss being at games... hope we can get downgraded to tier2 on Dec16th review(ie 2000 fans back)...

COYR (let fans in!)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 06:00:03 PM by Inter Alty! »
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2020, 05:55:14 PM »

As much as I thought Maidenhead were poor, it was a great solid performance - the sort that will see us well clear of any trouble come the end of the season.

Hannigan and Sutton together is some partnership, although I'm under no illusion they'll need to be rotated as the midweek games come.

I thought subbing Dens on for Hancock - and dropping the team into a 4141 instead - was really simple and got the desired effect too, fair play to Parky for that.

We all know how hard prolific goalscorers are to procure at this level, so at least if we can get back to everyone contributing their fair share, it mught not be so much of an issue that we thought it was.

Colclough showed a few glimpses of the quality he has, I'm excited to see him given a full run now.

Thank God we got Kosylo back - his influence to me is much like Bruno Fernandes at United, what a difference he makes and sets such an example with his workrate.

Great to get the games on the board, too - lets just rack up the points and let everyone below chase us.

On to the next game.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2020, 06:00:38 PM »

Hannigan was outstanding, Smith impressed, Kosylo is such a worker ! Colclough has to start on Tuesday, he's different gravy. Nice to have Andy White back too. Didn't fancy us, thanks for putting me firmly in my place guys. Maidenhead were nowhere near as good as Bromley forunately, and they'll still finish in the bottom half in my opinion.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2020, 06:25:09 PM »

Good performance especially second half, it does make me wonder where we would be with a  quality centre forward

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2020, 07:26:26 PM »

Good performance. Great second half.

Hannigan, Kosylo, Senior and Smith ( second half) stood out.

No reason why we can't give Wrexham a decent game on what should be a quality pitch. I appreciate he hasn't got into his stride but I would be starting Ceesay on decent pitches so maybe start Hancock up top with Ceesay, Kosylo and Colclough behind.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »

Good performance and win against higher opposition...

We may have played 5 games more than some but rather get games played & points on board... come Jan/Feb some games could get postponed due to weather so rather have less to catch up... already playing Tue/Sat is testing...

Thought Smith & Colclough played well today... as did defence, led by Hannigan...

Looking forward to Wrexham away on Tueday which will be a tricky game... miss being at games... hope we can get downgraded to tier2 on Dec16th review(ie 2000 fans back)...

COYR (let fans in!)

The catch up games seem to be in and around Christmas and first two weeks of Jan.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2020, 10:01:10 PM »

Hannigan was outstanding, Smith impressed, Kosylo is such a worker ! Colclough has to start on Tuesday, he's different gravy. Nice to have Andy White back too. Didn't fancy us, thanks for putting me firmly in my place guys. Maidenhead were nowhere near as good as Bromley forunately, and they'll still finish in the bottom half in my opinion.

Bin the Bisto! I'm having Colclough gravy with the turkey!

Just my luck I was working today! The reports suggest this was a superb performance and one thing that strikes me is that Hampson (to me) has been our 2nd best player all season behind Kosylo and it looks like we didn't miss him at all with White doing a great job!

Well done Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2020, 10:17:46 AM »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2020, 02:01:30 PM »

Congrats to Tom Hannigan who has made NPL team of the week.
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2020, 07:08:48 PM »

Is this a whoosh? I see Kosylo was man of the match, but I can't find the team of the week for our league. Only for the NLN and NLS.
What page is it on?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2020, 07:41:40 PM »

Is this a whoosh? I see Kosylo was man of the match, but I can't find the team of the week for our league. Only for the NLN and NLS.
What page is it on?

No whoosh.  Read it on Twitter
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread