PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 (Sir) Graham Brady
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: (Sir) Graham Brady  (Read 19017 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: (Sir) Graham Brady
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2020, 09:33:28 PM »

Could be worse, until the last election mine was John Bercow!

;D ;D ;D

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2020, 03:57:46 AM »

He is a voice in the Wilderness

One of the few Tory's who does not want to see unemployment rise by 1.3M people by the Summer.
I think you got it right before the edit. Don’t get me started on Brady. No Graham and certainly no Sir from me. Knighted for services to self interest.

Funnily enough, he won't respond the messages unless he's addressed as a Sir Graham as I learnt today when emailing him

Today? Strewth, give the man a chance, he gets loads of e-mails, and a fair few from outside the area. Why don't you just use the proper title, whatever you think of it? It doesn't cost anything to be polite!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2020, 04:01:43 AM »

He replied but ignored the football aspect.

He will be voting against Traffords inclusion of Greater Manchester.
He gets loads of mail on this subject so probably just tends to give a general reply. If he gets enough letters on a suject, I'm sure he'll take it into account. Of course we could always run our own political campaign like Charlton did, if we could agree on a party line!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2020, 04:03:22 AM »

Maidenhead United's MP is Sir Teresa May. Who knighted Brady for what he did in 1922, or something.

Sir Teresa May? So sexist, some people!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2020, 04:06:16 AM »

He never replied to an email I sent to him last year.
He doesn’t care,  he knows he will get voted in every year.
His job must be the easiest in the country. He Knows he will never get voted out.

Cor strewth, it seemed fairly close at the last election, seems to me that Altrincham is going hipster. If Wakefield (and Barrow) can vote Tory...

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2020, 04:18:55 AM »

He never replied to an email I sent to him last year.
He doesn’t care,  he knows he will get voted in every year.
His job must be the easiest in the country. He Knows he will never get voted out.

I had high hopes of Labour swing in 2024; until this abstaining votes this morning on tier system by Labour.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place though; nobody can deny that restrictions are required, however the underpinning financial support from the government is nowhere to be seen.

Tiered restrictions are better than no restrictions - but it all stinks.

Give over, when have we had these sort of restrictions before? (Voluntary) targeted help would be better, and we could have gold plated targeted help for a fraction of the cost of these restrictions. The fact of the matter is that "disaster zone" Sweden has, from July 2019 to July 2020, seen deaths that are average or below the average of the last five years, apart from over 80's, which have seen a one per cent rise. These restrictions make little difference.

I am happy to restrict these comments to the OT thread (and there are plenty of comments on there) but not if people are putting politics and calls for extreme restrictions (that are ruining people's lives) all over the place on the Altrincham fc first team forum.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2020, 04:26:38 AM »

As explained yesterday on Politics Today nobody wants to abstain but it is the least unacceptable of a selection of undesirable options.
The target of dealing with COVID is shared so to vote against might imperil progress. However the mechanisms being employed are not those preferred or suggested by the Opposition.
Therefore abstention is the best of a bad lot

You would say that though, wouldn't you? Difference of management, not difference of approach. What opposition there is to this madness appears to have been led by Sir Graham Brady.

You can be sure there'll be an opposition come the May elections if this nonsense isn't sorted out.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2020, 10:53:43 AM »

For those who haven't seen Hugh's Sweden narrative debunked in the off topic thread, Sweden have suffered massive infection and death rates compared to their neighbours who did lock down.

They're actually really struggling right now

https://www.ft.com/content/81299a7a-ec53-41fa-bf33-7ea40f4bca07
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2020, 05:55:01 PM »

He replied but ignored the football aspect.

He will be voting against Traffords inclusion of Greater Manchester.
He gets loads of mail on this subject so probably just tends to give a general reply. If he gets enough letters on a suject, I'm sure he'll take it into account. Of course we could always run our own political campaign like Charlton did, if we could agree on a party line!

Couldn't he get his wife to respond, as doesn't he just happen to employ her as his Senior Research/Parliamentary Assistant at a reported salary of circa £45k?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2020, 06:28:59 PM »

Graham Brady only got knighted due the deal that got may as leader. He wanted Andrea Ledsom as leader but cut a deal that gave her a nice secure position of power that isn't tainted by Brexit, may became leader with out the in fighting and some might remember, when May came to power the only controversial thing she did in the first month was the opening of more grammar schools all over the uk which a certain Mr Brady has a hard on for.. as they say what a coincidence!!! and the cherry on the cake for him was the Knighthood which he has always desired.
FFS

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2020, 06:57:01 PM »

As explained yesterday on Politics Today nobody wants to abstain but it is the least unacceptable of a selection of undesirable options.
The target of dealing with COVID is shared so to vote against might imperil progress. However the mechanisms being employed are not those preferred or suggested by the Opposition.

You would say that though, wouldn't you? Difference of management, not difference of approach. What opposition there is to this madness appears to have been led by Sir Graham Brady.

You can be sure there'll be an opposition come the May elections if this nonsense isn't sorted out.

Andrew Western of Trafford and all three  local MPs have asked for Trafford to be moved into tier 2, so it's not right to say the opposition is being led by Mr Brady.

If you mean opposition to restrictions full stop, rather than the implementation and, management of them, well there was a march of anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists in Manchester last weekend featuring Piers Corbyn, if he would like to be associated with them.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2020, 07:07:56 PM »

anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists.

Bloody fruitcakes.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2020, 10:34:37 PM »

Andrew Western of Trafford and all three  local MPs have asked for Trafford to be moved into tier 2, so it's not right to say the opposition is being led by Mr Brady.

If you mean opposition to restrictions full stop, rather than the implementation and, management of them, well there was a march of anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists in Manchester last weekend featuring Piers Corbyn, if he would like to be associated with them.

Andrew Western asked about a week after Brady, at least publicly.

Western could have pushed his own party to not abstain.

I don't like Sir Graham but he at least spoke up on this.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2020, 10:36:27 PM »

He is a voice in the Wilderness

One of the few Tory's who does not want to see unemployment rise by 1.3M people by the Summer.
I think you got it right before the edit. Don’t get me started on Brady. No Graham and certainly no Sir from me. Knighted for services to self interest.

Funnily enough, he won't respond the messages unless he's addressed as a Sir Graham as I learnt today when emailing him

Today? Strewth, give the man a chance, he gets loads of e-mails, and a fair few from outside the area. Why don't you just use the proper title, whatever you think of it? It doesn't cost anything to be polite!

I did use the proper title, I just found it odd that his website would demand its use if you expect a response.

It's all my fault.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2020, 10:57:04 PM »

Andrew Western asked about a week after Brady, at least publicly.

Western could have pushed his own party to not abstain.

I don't like Sir Graham but he at least spoke up on this.

I don't think a council leader has so much influence in the national party; I can see why the Labour Party abstained, although it's not a good look at all, I agree.

Brady keeps on being mentioned in the media as an "influential" MP, but his party appear to ignore him!

Despite the previous two sentences, my earlier comment was not party political but to show that all mainstream politicians in Trafford, as far as I know, are aiming for tier two status; that doesn't apply in all boroughs in Greater Manchester.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 (Sir) Graham Brady