PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ex player news
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ex player news  (Read 8147 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Ex player news
« on: November 28, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »

This is going well...

“We look so disjointed, but things like Johnston wasting the ball when we’re on the break doesn’t help”

“That's one of the worst halves of football I've seen from a Chester team for a long while. Doesn't help playing with 8 men
Johnson Dudley, Morgan are shocking. “

I really don't like to be critical of individual players, but Johnston looks like one of the poorest players ever to wear the shirt. I've never seen him have a good game for us, and he's been terrible again so far - can't beat a man, can't cross, and can't even find a teammate with a simple pass. If it was a one-off I'd have more patience, but he seems to play like this every game for me.”

I forgot Johnston was playing until he started giving it away. “

Considering he cost us cash and a better player, it’s bitterly disappointing.”

Goodwin did more in 20 minutes than Johnston has done since he signed - bench him for goodness sake.

“Does this team even know what a clean sheet is???
Very poor yet again!! Certainly not good enough for a play off spot & don't even get me started on the lad Johnston good lord he is abysmal he truly is!!”

It's clearly not working out for him here, I think the money surrounding the transfer, leaving Alty. The backlash from it all and the pressure of living up to expectations has effected his performances on the pitch. I don't doubt for one second where ever his next Club will be he will turn into Messi and the player that Altrincham said he was. “

“Need to ship out Johnson for his own sake”

You may well be right my friend but you would have thought by now he would have come good. I mean there are slow burners & then there is JJ.”

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ex player news
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »

This is going well...

“We look so disjointed, but things like Johnston wasting the ball when we’re on the break doesn’t help”

“That's one of the worst halves of football I've seen from a Chester team for a long while. Doesn't help playing with 8 men
Johnson Dudley, Morgan are shocking. “

I really don't like to be critical of individual players, but Johnston looks like one of the poorest players ever to wear the shirt. I've never seen him have a good game for us, and he's been terrible again so far - can't beat a man, can't cross, and can't even find a teammate with a simple pass. If it was a one-off I'd have more patience, but he seems to play like this every game for me.”

I forgot Johnston was playing until he started giving it away. “

Considering he cost us cash and a better player, it’s bitterly disappointing.”

Goodwin did more in 20 minutes than Johnston has done since he signed - bench him for goodness sake.

“Does this team even know what a clean sheet is???
Very poor yet again!! Certainly not good enough for a play off spot & don't even get me started on the lad Johnston good lord he is abysmal he truly is!!”

It's clearly not working out for him here, I think the money surrounding the transfer, leaving Alty. The backlash from it all and the pressure of living up to expectations has effected his performances on the pitch. I don't doubt for one second where ever his next Club will be he will turn into Messi and the player that Altrincham said he was. “

“Need to ship out Johnson for his own sake”

You may well be right my friend but you would have thought by now he would have come good. I mean there are slow burners & then there is JJ.”
Has anyone thought to send our condolences?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »

Was that from Bernard or Johno?
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 07:11:51 PM »

Was that from Bernard or Johno?
They've not given a post match interview yet so who knows? 🤔😏
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »

JJ's end product was awful. His corners were terrible.

We did well with that deal but we do miss how he drove us up the pitch. I am hoping Ceesay will come good in that way.

If you think of the quality we moved onto with the likes of Durrell, Kosylo, Mooney etc.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 07:14:27 PM »

What PP does compared to those clowns is that he installs confidence and freedom in his wide players.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 07:38:24 PM »

The classless and childish way he was signed by "Bernard and Johnno" probably didn't help either.
Other than that Chester can consider themselves lucky to have such tactical and man-management geniuses as their current management duo - may they stay there for years.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 08:33:39 PM »

Hang on these weapons were spouting of that he left because he wanted promotion?  :P They were quite happy to have him and im sure we all have a picture of a elbow for when they give him and bill and ben the actual elbow but they really are quite fickle and i thought our fans were bad.
FFS

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 09:46:40 PM »

I remember one of them boasting that they’d signed a 1 in 3 goalscorer. As far as I’m aware he hasn’t scored a single competitive goal for them in around 10 months. Must be the great coaching at Chester that does it!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 09:53:36 PM »

I feel a wee bit for JJ on the assumption his expensive (!) signing piled pressure on him and he is playing for poor managers...
but it is still a little funny!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 10:12:03 PM »

JJ was always a bit of a curates egg. I enjoyed watching him one match and found myself banging my head on the wall the next. No one knew what he was going to do next, least of all him. Always wore his heart on his sleeve but I think we've moved beyond his level now.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:48 PM »

On a different note another explayer will be in the third round draw of the FA cup after beating Peterborough

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 11:46:39 PM »

On a different note another explayer will be in the third round draw of the FA cup after beating Peterborough
Another 2 if you count Elliott Newby.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 04:46:24 AM »

I take no pleasure from this at all. Always enjoyed watching JJ and felt gutted when he left. Its been a nightmare for him at Chester, not least in the playoffs last season.
There are one or two strange comments there. Its not a case of how good a player we said he was, its up to Chester to decide. If he can't play as well for them as he did for us it's Chester at fault. If anyone has an over inflated reputation it's probably their two managers, not exactly setting the world on fire and quick to blame everyone except themselves.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 10:32:55 AM »

Unpopular opinion i'm sure but i'd have him back, not convinced he'd start but a motivated flying johnson rotating with ceesay would be excellent.  I'm assuming colclough goes in Jan
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ex player news