PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buy a striker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Buy a striker  (Read 19252 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Buy a striker
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2020, 08:02:13 AM »

If Wealdstone are second it's either a poor league or they didn't turn up on Saturday. They created very little.

It's a poor league. The bad news is we're 21st. The good news is a win tomorrow would lift us to 11th (a draw would put us 16th). We've played 3 of the current top 7 away from home already, and I haven't seen anything to convince me that we're any worse than those teams. We just need a decent striker on board to be genuine playoff contenders.

I'm not sure that we've seen enough yet to know whether its a poor league or not.  What can be said with some degree of certainty, is that things are not normal this season and this appears to be a factor in some of the results that have played out (see Premiership league table which tells its own story).

I think that for the most part we've played reasonably well, however, the injuries we've sustained are a significant factor in explaining where we reside in the league currently.
League positions are very volatile at this early stage of the season. If we’d have scored the penalty at Hartlepool we’d be sat in 11th place now. May be a somewhat false position you could argue, but it’d be a fact. 😄

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »

I still think this is a priority. I know we have a couple of options, but if we are to push on we need to replace JH with a player of equal calibre.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2020, 01:02:56 PM »

FFS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buy a striker