PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Wrexham Match Thread  (Read 18846 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »

Joel Senior is very good, interested to see how long we can hold onto him if these performances keep up.

Hoping that being a full back means he's further down the scouts watch list.

Straws. Clutching.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2020, 01:13:56 PM »

Joel Senior is very good, interested to see how long we can hold onto him if these performances keep up.

Straws. Clutching.

You don't sign for Burnley for no reason - I'm amazed there weren't other clubs in for him.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2020, 01:14:57 PM »

https://wxmafc.uk/33xjYK2

TBF to him, last night's game was effectively the start of his interview with the new owners who'll probably have been advised there'll be people queueing up for the job (they may even have someone lined up already) - and he's fluffed his first question. Not that fans forums mean anything (!) but Wrexham's suggest the Cowley Bros which is a good shout.

Going back to my earlier point about approaching Phil, their recent takeover will certainly be good news for us as he won't be considered a big enough 'name' for them.

Jezza

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2020, 01:20:49 PM »

Its amazing how these teams fans are appalled at losing to part time Altrincham and not one wrexham fan or chesterfield fan said "their manager must be worth looking at"....they all put down the result to them being sh*t......which is just fine by me.
Because the likes of chesterfield and wrexham would be pretty good fairly local fits for PP and Neil......
Hope PP wins the league and trophy with us before getting snapped up by a small championship side like wycombe maybe....probably salford would be an ambitious step up?
PP and Neil the next cowley bros?
Long may they reign at Alty though.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2020, 01:48:35 PM »

I would rather we refrained from making suggestions like this, someone may take us up on the idea. We should do all we can to keep Phil and Neil, best management team we have had for ages now. If anything, extend their contracts further.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2020, 02:32:18 PM »

This season has demonstrated we can cope with the loss of any key player.  The management team, I'm not so sure.

Let's just enjoy it while we can - and hope the club's ambitions can keep up with their own.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:03 PM »

I would rather we refrained from making suggestions like this, someone may take us up on the idea. We should do all we can to keep Phil and Neil, best management team we have had for ages now. If anything, extend their contracts further.
Absolutely agree. If PP, NS and all the back room staff were to leave we’d be screwed. We’ve an excellent board with expertise above and beyond what we’ve ever had before. They’re progressive and talented people, but to replace all PP’s entourage with like for like would be a monumental, if not impossible, task. If anyone asks, they’re all pants.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2020, 03:48:08 PM »

Just read the post from Toff Apple. OMG those Wrexham fans posts make our posts tame in comparison. SBL

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »

Absolutely agree. If PP, NS and all the backroom staff were to leave we’d be screwed. We’ve an excellent board with expertise above and beyond what we’ve ever had before. They’re progressive and talented people, but to replace all PP’s entourage with like for like would be a monumental, if not impossible, task. If anyone asks, they’re all pants.

Rob E's first-ever presentation said we had a plan should PP/NS be poached away, to stick to the style of football.

So should we lose PP/NS hopefully we'll continue in the right direction.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 04:13:19 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2020, 04:14:23 PM »

Absolutely agree. If PP, NS and all the backroom staff were to leave we’d be screwed. We’ve an excellent board with expertise above and beyond what we’ve ever had before. They’re progressive and talented people, but to replace all PP’s entourage with like for like would be a monumental, if not impossible, task. If anyone asks, they’re all pants.

Rob E's first-ever presentation said we had a plan should PP/NS be poached away, to stick to the style of football.
Sticking to the style of football is six words. Finding the people of suitable calibre in each and every post is the monumental task we’d face, with no guarantee of being able to either find or afford such comparable talent. We struck gold with the present incumbents. They don’t come along on a regular basis.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2020, 04:45:30 PM »

Sticking to the style of football is six words. Finding the people of suitable calibre in each and every post is the monumental task we’d face, with no guarantee of being able to either find or afford such comparable talent. We struck gold with the present incumbents. They don’t come along on a regular basis.

The task is easier being a conference club on the up.

The task of recruitment is easier if you're always on the look out, rather than being starting standing - as proven by the loss of Jordan.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2020, 06:17:48 PM »

The task is easier being a conference club on the up.

The task of recruitment is easier if you're always on the look out, rather than being starting standing - as proven by the loss of Jordan.
You’ve put my mind at rest.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2020, 07:02:53 PM »

Straws. Clutching.

You don't sign for Burnley for no reason - I'm amazed there weren't other clubs in for him.

In Jan, it's unlikely a RB is going to change your season - compared to a Centre Mids and CB's - so hopefully we can get a full season, and he can go back to FT football in June.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2020, 11:10:14 PM »

TheWrexham fans dont seem to rate Durrell

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2020, 08:32:13 AM »