News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next two home games.

Author Topic: Next two home games.  (Read 2832 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Next two home games.
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »

With the weather forecast being pretty abysmal up to Saturday with a mix of rain and sleet we’ve got to question the wisdom of playing Kings Lynn Town on Saturday. We can’t call the game off just because conditions don’t suit us, but conversely we shouldn’t be breaking our necks to ensure it goes ahead a la Weymouth. The local football pitches in Timperley are groaning under the amount of rain they’ve taken. Bearing in mind we’ve played more games than anyone else, have a long injury list and find ourselves in tier 3 no crowds, postponing the next two games wouldn’t be a hardship for us. I know the observations of the preceding sentence aren’t grounds for postponement just the silver lining for us. We need to be be onto Anthony Taylor to do a pitch inspection before KLT and Bromley travel. If the games are called off we’ll have the added bonus of fans attending should we ever be in tier 2.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next two home games.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »

downside of postponing is we want to play as many games as possible with Colclough and Smith available
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »

I think if the pitch is playable (not like Weymouth!) we should be really positive in playing the games.
We're on the crest of a wave at the moment and with only three (I think) league games before the Christmas programme we could be right up there at the halfway stage.
Other sides are bound to have problems with fixtures piling up and that could be to our advantage too. 😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 10:27:20 AM »

Sorry but I think this is a ridiculous suggestion - get the games played, we might play in much worse yet.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next two home games.