https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fans  (Read 12438 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Fans
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 01:23:49 PM »

There’s been plenty of singing at premier league games this weekend.

Why did clubs seem to put 2000 in the one area of the ground? That struck me as odd, not too much inside but I saw queues outside spurs where folk seemed to be queuing very close together for a health check.

Not an expert on this sort of stuff but grounds usually need X number of stewards per area open I believe, so spreading 2,000 fans out across four stands would require far more staff and in turn might be counter productive (and expensive)? Not 100% sure though.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 02:05:36 PM »

How will social distancing be policed at the ground? I've been watching alty TV and if 3 guys standing in front of the community hall can't social distance,  then how will stewards be able to keep fans at 2 meters?
There has already been a trial run when Altrincham Ladies(women) hosted Northwich Vixens in the Women's FA Cup earlier in the season. There was about 100 people in the ground and everyone seemed to be social distancing.
They really should be beating teams like us

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 02:53:45 PM »

Why did clubs seem to put 2000 in the one area of the ground? That struck me as odd, not too much inside but I saw queues outside spurs where folk seemed to be queuing very close together for a health check.
it’s all a bit of a farce isn’t it? On 16 December the stats will clearly show Manchester should be tier 2 and London tier 3. Hands up who believes that’s going to happen.

Iateallthepies

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 04:36:34 PM »

How will social distancing be policed at the ground? I've been watching alty TV and if 3 guys standing in front of the community hall can't social distance,  then how will stewards be able to keep fans at 2 meters?
There has already been a trial run when Altrincham Ladies(women) hosted Northwich Vixens in the Women's FA Cup earlier in the season. There was about 100 people in the ground and everyone seemed to be social distancing.
Was there not a couple of games called off earlier on in the season  because of players contracting convid-19?
My concern is that the main stand is too small to host fans as I am sure that will be used for playing staff etc?
That leaves the family stand and I am genuinely concerned that fans will not keep to the social distancing as they will in all honesty pull their masks down when shouting and will migrate to their mates and the stewards will have to be up for the job in keeping them in their designated seats. Both stands are too small and seats packed to close together and if there is a 1,000 fans in the family stand and fans don't keep to the rules there will be a another outbreak.
Maybe a smaller number say 500 would be more manageable? I do hope everything will go well when we are allowed back in but I am concerned at how small the stands are and stewards wont be trained to deal with the social distancing or making sure fans keep their masks on.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 04:38:43 PM by Psychic Sam »

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2020, 05:34:13 PM »

Was there not a couple of games called off earlier on in the season  because of players contracting convid-19?
My concern is that the main stand is too small to host fans as I am sure that will be used for playing staff etc?
That leaves the family stand and I am genuinely concerned that fans will not keep to the social distancing as they will in all honesty pull their masks down when shouting and will migrate to their mates and the stewards will have to be up for the job in keeping them in their designated seats. Both stands are too small and seats packed to close together and if there is a 1,000 fans in the family stand and fans don't keep to the rules there will be a another outbreak.

Maybe a smaller number say 500 would be more manageable? I do hope everything will go well when we are allowed back in but I am concerned at how small the stands are and stewards wont be trained to deal with the social distancing or making sure fans keep their masks on.

Taken from the article linked in this thread.

Quote from: Bill Waterson, Altrincham FC website
Also, we will be dividing the ground into separate sections, and there will be no access between different parts of the ground. There will be access to The Chequers End, the Family Stand and the top half of the Popular Side; access to the Catax Golf Road End and the opposite end of the Pop Side and access to the Main Stand each with their own separate exits and entrances.

We will also look to be staggering arrival times to allow for safe entry to the ground for each cohort of fans.

Each stand will have its own specified capacity for social distancing purposes and fans cannot move between them.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 05:53:48 PM »

No one is forced to go, if your not comfortable with the arrangements stay at home and watch the stream.
Full time and proud of it

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2020, 06:38:45 PM »

it’s all a bit of a farce isn’t it? On 16 December the stats will clearly show Manchester should be tier 2 and London tier 3. Hands up who believes that’s going to happen.

How do you access hospital capacity and occupancy statistics?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2020, 06:43:28 PM »

No one is forced to go, if your not comfortable with the arrangements stay at home and watch the stream.

Precisely my intention.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »

Hospital capacity 85% November 2020 very similar to last year. Freedom of information exists in this day and age. These widely reported figures have been put to the government and not challenged by them. They agree. Ask hospital staff if you know any at Wythenshawe or any other local hospitals and they’ll tell you about only about 15% wiggle room and their concerns EVERY year not just this year.

How do you access hospital capacity and occupancy statistics?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »

Alright calm DOWN sensible Stockport
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2020, 07:51:24 PM »

Trafford 96 per 100k.

Footballs coming home.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »

Alright calm DOWN sensible Stockport
Seems like a calm informative post to me. 😀 😀 😀

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »

I don't think we should assume that streaming will continue to be available when fans return.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2020, 08:33:38 PM »

It’s not an assumption. Bill told us it will be available so shielding fans and away fans can watch the game

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »

Trafford 96 per 100k.

Footballs coming home.

It's coming to Dagenham first,though. 303 per 100k and rising in Barking and Dagenham. (that's for the 7 day period ending 3rd December, so it may be higher now).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fans