News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Amazing what Parky's done

Author Topic: Amazing what Parky's done  (Read 2997 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 14, 2020, 04:39:01 AM »

Especially given the stream of injuries. We actually have more points than at this stage last season, and the same as the season before.

And I still say that Peers can make an impact. $ goals already isn't it? And from limited game time. I seem to remember a darting run into the box against Dagenham and Redbridge and Leytonstone and...   He seems to make things happen, and find the space to get a shot away. That depressing home defeat to Bromley (or whoever it was) where we hardly had a shot - I reckon if he'd been playing, he might just have been the man to make something happen against a tightly packed defense. Yes, we'd love to still have Jordan Hulme (and let's be honest, John Johnston) but I think Peers is better than some make out - and part of a squad that has had a decent start at GMVC level.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing what Parky's done
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 07:55:24 AM »

Ive been Peers most vocal critic about starting but I've always admired his energy from the bench.

The problem for him starting is that he just doesn't fit the system well enough to bring everyone else in, and it's a different role.

Parkinson has done well, given the injuries. The proof for me was going so positively to Wrexham rather than 5-5-0 scrapping for a point.
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 08:23:23 AM »

Ive been Peers most vocal critic about starting but I've always admired his energy from the bench.

The problem for him starting is that he just doesn't fit the system well enough to bring everyone else in, and it's a different role.

Parkinson has done well, given the injuries. The proof for me was going so positively to Wrexham rather than 5-5-0 scrapping for a point.

What I like about Parky is that he sticks to a game plan and we go to win.

No point in any football match, at any standard, to have tactics to sit back for 90 mins. Teams use to always do it against United in their glory years at Old Trafford then just got picked off.

We are still missing that quality number 9 but in Hancock, Kossy, Colclough, Ceesay and Mooney we have players who will hurt teams. Let the opposition worry about us.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 09:37:33 AM »

A quality centre forward is the icing on the cake rather than an absolute necessity - I did think that at the time. I'm sure the management team are still taking a long, hard look at things - but the reality is that we might not be able to have a proper tilt at it until the summer. I'd have Jordan back but I'm really not fussed about Johnston.

Peers is good enough as a squad member at this level - perhaps bringing others in has given us a better perspective on what he brings to the team.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 09:42:08 AM »

A quality centre forward is the icing on the cake rather than an absolute necessity - I did think that at the time. I'm sure the management team are still taking a long, hard look at things - but the reality is that we might not be able to have a proper tilt at it until the summer. I'd have Jordan back but I'm really not fussed about Johnston.

Peers is good enough as a squad member at this level - perhaps bringing others in has given us a better perspective on what he brings to the team.

I don't think there's been much issue with him being a squad player. Ideally you'd like a proven front man, something like Cisse that's a bit unotherdox, and then Tom Peers.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 09:44:07 AM »

What I like about Parky is that he sticks to a game plan and we go to win.

No point in any football match, at any standard, to have tactics to sit back for 90 mins. Teams use to always do it against United in their glory years at Old Trafford then just got picked off.

We are still missing that quality number 9 but in Hancock, Kossy, Colclough, Ceesay and Mooney we have players who will hurt teams. Let the opposition worry about us.

This is why Stockport has always been so disappointing, I think we could beat Stockport if we play our way, but we changed a lot last season against them.

In the early parts of this season, I do felt our game plan changed to try and be more solid, and players were often reluctant to be on the ball for each other leading to errors.

It reminds me of when we went 1 nil down at Chester, then we threw caution to the wind and played our way and got the draw LAST September
It's all my fault.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »

It is amazing, we look to have adapted our style of play this year too, i'm now feeling like we have the basis of a quality conference team.  Frustrated to not find out how we would have done with Hulme, its hard to say, it might be that we would not have fared any different.
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team