PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Chester - Match Thread  (Read 15078 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2020, 06:37:45 PM »

Brian Flynn said about it on RR today.

wow. i bigger dick than i thought (JJ not BF)
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2020, 06:40:48 PM »

Enjoyed the game. Thought Peers had a decent game.

AFC Fylde must be lining up a bid for him in the January transfer window.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2020, 06:44:28 PM »

To be honest, having not looked at the Chester team sheet beforehand, I didn't realise JJ was playing until the second half!!! An absolute shadow of the player I remember.

Great win for the lads though in a competition we really do have a great chance of winning.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2020, 08:27:15 PM »

So JJ reckons we are only doing so well,because there has been no crowds in grounds,

What's his excuse then?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2020, 08:50:11 PM »

Fairly tight game, which we won and had the better chances overall. 3 very good goals. Entertaining game to watch and commentary was OK as well.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2020, 09:05:29 PM »

Brian Flynn said about it on RR today.

wow. i bigger dick than i thought (JJ not BF)

You're too kind, sir. ;D

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2020, 11:02:24 PM »

So JJ reckons we are only doing so well,because there has been no crowds in grounds,

What's his excuse then?

He looked great in the Evo Stik but found his level in the National League North. No different to so many other wingers in that league who have the odd worldie day here and there but ineffective the rest.

We've had multiple wingers in the Phil era I'd take ahead of him - Dale, Hemmings, Mooney, Durrell, Colclough - although I'd have him over Ceesay.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2020, 11:19:01 PM »

I thought JJ was better than that - apparently not!

Very disappointing!

On the plus side...very well done lads...and is betting off for young player of the season already - step forward Joel Senior!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2020, 11:22:12 PM »

No disrespect to Chester who were very good in switching the game but I was confident we’d win this once it was switched away from our heavy pitch. If you can win at Wrexham, Boreham Wood & Dagenham then Chester don’t hold too many fears. Bern & Jonno talk a good game, but yet again when it came to the crunch, Parky & Sorvs are frankly much better at their jobs than the boastful Chester duo.

We’ve now got an excellent chance in the Trophy this season, believe it’s a fully national draw so who knows who we’ll get but I feel confident. Come on Alty.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2020, 05:26:20 AM »

Think Parky would have used game to look at some fringe players but due to all the injuries maybe forced to play virtually full strength team... however, wouldn't be surprised to see Gould get a chance in goal...

Prediction: Alty 2-1 win...

Hopefully later today will get good news about tier2... however in last week optimism for tier2 seems to be replaced with pessimism of staying in tier3... Trafford has one of lowest counts so could be an exception, but assume will treat whole of Greater Manc the same... fingers crossed for tier2... missing watching live footy & matchday experience... Let fans in!

"Covid" deaths (probably substantially overstated, same as earlier in the year) barely changed since 4th November. Trafford "cases" (flawed pcr tests)well below Barking when we played there with Redbridge supporters allowed to attend. So obviously we remain in tier of hell 3. Anyone else getting fed up of this?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2020, 09:11:33 AM »

Think Parky would have used game to look at some fringe players but due to all the injuries maybe forced to play virtually full strength team... however, wouldn't be surprised to see Gould get a chance in goal...

Prediction: Alty 2-1 win...

Hopefully later today will get good news about tier2... however in last week optimism for tier2 seems to be replaced with pessimism of staying in tier3... Trafford has one of lowest counts so could be an exception, but assume will treat whole of Greater Manc the same... fingers crossed for tier2... missing watching live footy & matchday experience... Let fans in!

"Covid" deaths (probably substantially overstated, same as earlier in the year) barely changed since 4th November. Trafford "cases" (flawed pcr tests)well below Barking when we played there with Redbridge supporters allowed to attend. So obviously we remain in tier of hell 3. Anyone else getting fed up of this?
Yes.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2020, 12:49:37 PM »

Great quote from the chester forum " I hate talk of bogey teams but you feel like we badly need to scrape a win against them as it's becoming a psychological thing. There was an air of inevitability about us losing today. They keep scoring these long-range belters against us as well. It's like the ghost of Clive Freeman is tormenting us! "  8) 8) 8)
FFS

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2020, 12:50:52 PM »

Great quote from the chester forum " I hate talk of bogey teams but you feel like we badly need to scrape a win against them as it's becoming a psychological thing. There was an air of inevitability about us losing today. They keep scoring these long-range belters against us as well. It's like the ghost of Clive Freeman is tormenting us! "  8) 8) 8)

Big old 😃.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2020, 01:59:31 PM »

Didn't Clives goal get the BBC goal of the month?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2020, 03:35:54 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGvYcqJRKk

I was scraping artex off the bathroom ceiling when that went in. I can still remember the roar. (I live five minutes from the ground if anyone needs that explaining).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester - Match Thread