PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Stockport Match Thread  (Read 14755 times)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2020, 11:26:29 PM »

Considering the amount of money Stockport have put in this season and our poor recent record against them, then you’d take the point all day. The ball was in or around our box a lot, so I think as a unit the whole defence had an excellent game. Hannigan seemed to win every single header. I think Mooney returning to fitness & Blyth looked promising to me as a sub also encouraging signs for our attacking options.

A real shame when it’s been so good all season that we had some initial problems with the stream today but I enjoyed Toby M as co-commentator still, good rapport with Brian. The knowledge & research about the oppositions players always reflects well on our commentary I find.

Alty TV and RR have respect for the opposition and their fans and are quite simply highly professional!

Missed the game today. Always found our crews excellent.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2020, 12:31:25 AM »

Defended well.....but the goal was coming. Happy with a point.

Main thing for me - despite every major injury setback, Parky and Sorvs seem to find a loanee or player that slots in and keeps us competitive as a NL team. PP/NS have an eye for players and training sessions must be very productive.

Heres hoping that Blyth is the player we need up front to replace Hulme.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2020, 02:20:35 PM »

Quite impressed with Jim Gannon's interview on U tube. He was quite complimentary about Alty. he also talks a lot of sense.  A good listen. SBL

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »

How come Stockport were able to do their own live stream?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2020, 10:14:22 AM »

My understanding was that it was just a video of an interview. Our stream was the only one.
Could be wrong but doubt it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2020, 10:18:20 AM »

My understanding was that it was just a video of an interview. Our stream was the only one.
Could be wrong but doubt it.

They have their own match highlights filmed from the main stand and the opening lines of the commentary refer to streaming.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2020, 10:49:23 AM »

Yes. Just seen that on their fans forum. Strange because a lot of comments on there about our commentary.
Perhaps it was taped to be shown post match as per the blog done by the lad who supports Chester?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »

Yes. Just seen that on their fans forum. Strange because a lot of comments on there about our commentary.
Perhaps it was taped to be shown post match as per the blog done by the lad who supports Chester?

You couldn't post the link could you please? I tried to find it but all I got was something that hadn't had a post since 2004 and looked like the forerunner of this one.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2020, 02:47:20 PM »

You couldn't post the link could you please? I tried to find it but all I got was something that hadn't had a post since 2004 and looked like the forerunner of this one.

Anything to help out a former neighbour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Q6HAYaAGI&feature=youtu.be

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »

Thanks, it was watching that video that inspired my earlier post about Stockport providing their own live stream. I was looking for the Stockport fans' forum.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2020, 03:00:37 PM »

Thanks, it was watching that video that inspired my earlier post about Stockport providing their own live stream. I was looking for the Stockport fans' forum.

Two to pick from:

https://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/

https://theyellowboard.boards.net/board/1/main-board

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport Match Thread