PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Stockport Match Thread  (Read 14641 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2020, 06:23:50 PM »

Defo a point gained, but annoying to concede a soft goal.

Hannigan my mom.

Full credit to the defence and Smith and Richman.
Full time and proud of it

T.C

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2020, 07:07:17 PM »

Thought we did really well against a strong team but Jake Moult was a big miss, Smith was then a big miss by playing a deeper roll, but the effort by all got us a point. well deserved

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2020, 07:07:58 PM »

Yet again Tom Hannigan was immense today

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2020, 07:10:24 PM »

The stream was annoying for a while with a few freezes afterwards, but did not really spoil my enjoyment of the game once it calmed down.

That was a draw based on a superb defensive performance and TT was only really challenged a couple of times. Ringo and Smiffy in midfield worked very, very hard and our forward line was always capable of causing trouble.

My only small gripe was that Peers is not a great counter attack player, but did defend well from the front.

Alas, Peers was rather caught napping at the near post for their equaliser.

He also squandered an excellent opportunity to play in either Kosylo or Ceesay in one of our rare second-half counter attacks when he selected the wrong option of trying a shot.

Not his best day.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2020, 07:28:03 PM »

Considering the opposition I was happy with a point today. Hopefully we can get 3 points at Halifax and anything will be a bonus in the return at Stockport.

Hannigan was MoM

Ringo’s was also Very good

Onwards & Upwards

VofD

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2020, 08:01:39 PM »

Streaming was awful today. >

As was Peers.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:06:27 PM by VofD »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2020, 08:21:43 PM »

Streaming was awful today. >

As was Peers.

the streaming was fine after the first 15mins

unlike peers
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2020, 08:34:20 PM »

Interesting late substitute I had no idea we'd signed ! Jacob Blyth made his way through minor clubs in the Midlands, and at 19 left Leamington to sign for Leicester City. He never broke into the first team, but had two loan spells at Burton either side of one with Northampton. Loans at Cambridge and Blackpool followed before Leicester released him.

His next gig was at Motherwell, then he signed for Barrow where he was injured in pre-season, but scored twice against Salford later in the season proper.

He had the misfortune to sign for Macclesfield, as a result of which he'd become a free agent. In his short time on the pitch today he played one excellent ball which could have led to a scoring chance with better luck.

My fingers are firmly crossed....

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2020, 08:42:49 PM »

In the few minutes he was on the pitch, I could see a half decent player in Jacob Blyth - he just looked like he had the physicality and stature to be the target man we so badly need.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2020, 09:04:09 PM »

The stream was annoying for a while with a few freezes afterwards, but did not really spoil my enjoyment of the game once it calmed down.

That was a draw based on a superb defensive performance and TT was only really challenged a couple of times. Ringo and Smiffy in midfield worked very, very hard and our forward line was always capable of causing trouble.

My only small gripe was that Peers is not a great counter attack player, but did defend well from the front.

Alas, Peers was rather caught napping at the near post for their equaliser.

He also squandered an excellent opportunity to play in either Kosylo or Ceesay in one of our rare second-half counter attacks when he selected the wrong option of trying a shot.

Not his best day.

Must admit I didn't realise it was Peers there for their equaliser.

It was not just that 2nd half counter where he goofed badly, there was one in the 1st half where he was slow/indecisive where he allowed the Stockport defence to get back

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2020, 09:05:54 PM »

In the few minutes he was on the pitch, I could see a half decent player in Jacob Blyth - he just looked like he had the physicality and stature to be the target man we so badly need.

He's had one or two spartan seasons in front of goal!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2020, 09:23:21 PM »

I can't remember him doing anything in 5 minutes other than committing a foul.

Not that 5 minutes is enough to judge someone
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2020, 10:08:33 PM »

Couldn't watch the second half with family commitments, until we find the right striker I would have a front four of the five of either Ceesay, Hancock, Mooney, Colclough and Kosylo.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2020, 10:11:35 PM »

Considering the amount of money Stockport have put in this season and our poor recent record against them, then you’d take the point all day. The ball was in or around our box a lot, so I think as a unit the whole defence had an excellent game. Hannigan seemed to win every single header. I think Mooney returning to fitness & Blyth looked promising to me as a sub also encouraging signs for our attacking options.

A real shame when it’s been so good all season that we had some initial problems with the stream today but I enjoyed Toby M as co-commentator still, good rapport with Brian. The knowledge & research about the oppositions players always reflects well on our commentary I find.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2020, 10:45:55 PM »

Considering the amount of money Stockport have put in this season and our poor recent record against them, then you’d take the point all day. The ball was in or around our box a lot, so I think as a unit the whole defence had an excellent game. Hannigan seemed to win every single header. I think Mooney returning to fitness & Blyth looked promising to me as a sub also encouraging signs for our attacking options.

A real shame when it’s been so good all season that we had some initial problems with the stream today but I enjoyed Toby M as co-commentator still, good rapport with Brian. The knowledge & research about the oppositions players always reflects well on our commentary I find.

Alty TV and RR have respect for the opposition and their fans and are quite simply highly professional!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport Match Thread