PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Away
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Halifax Away  (Read 11809 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Away
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 11:48:41 AM »

I thought she was okay. She was probably a bit too the letter; we got a lot of freekicks our way against defenders/Moult which others would have let slide; the penalty against Tom and our penalty appeal I felt you have to give both.
agreed. If this had been a male ref we'd have been amazed by the lack of idiotic decisions. Thought she was by and large unnoticed, which is always a sign of a good ref. We have some proper male bonzos taking charge of games.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 12:05:56 PM »

Some interesting comments about Kosylo's behaviour at half time. Sounds like he was subbed to avoid a sending off in the second half.
As it is, I think he now has 5 yellows so will presumably miss one game soon.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 04:11:26 PM »

Bit surprised the shape of the refs genitalia are relevant to some. Glad that the vast majority of footy fans have moved on from 1975.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 06:22:29 PM »

I thought she was okay. She was probably a bit too the letter; we got a lot of freekicks our way against defenders/Moult which others would have let slide; the penalty against Tom and our penalty appeal I felt you have to give both.

Totally agree about the two penalties. Inconsistency is my biggest gripe against match officials. Apart from that I thought she was reasonable.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 07:46:33 PM »

Refs in this league are much better (whatever Gender) than the complete and utter dross we were subjected to in the league below.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 10:21:24 PM »

Refs in this league are much better (whatever Gender) than the complete and utter dross we were subjected to in the league below.

That's quite a tribute to the refereeing system, as it means the best referees get promoted to the higher divisions.

They probably are better on average, but I am not convinced that the best referees always get promoted!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 06:24:31 PM »

I think you are possibly being a smidgen over suspicious about my motivation

Hmmm....

It's a bit like saying the CEO of the company I work for is a woman, shock horror, who'd have thought it? Pointless, unless looking for a particular type of response.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2020, 03:20:23 PM »

No ulterior motive in my post.

Was merely advising that the Referee was one of the leading female referees in the Country if not Europe.
An official of similar rank and gender has Refereed a Champions League fixture this season

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2021, 10:11:42 AM »

I was hoping that it may have been Helen Conley officiating on Monday, as she was outstanding when refereeing our 1-0 win at Farsley Celtic in January 2018.

I thought that Rebecca Welch was very poor on Monday.

On a completely unrelated note, she was very loud & could be heard quite clearly on a number of occasions at the back of the main stand on Monday, which is unusual even with games being played behind closed doors.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 10:57:04 AM »

I'm with my co-press officer 100 per cent on this. I can't believe so many people have posted favourably about her. Like Brian, I thought she was very poor in general, and as for decision-making, you only had to look at an incident near the touchline in the Alty half of the pitch on the main stand side in the last few minutes. Billy Chadwick momentarily wrong-footed Harrison Holgate with a clever turn, so Holgate, realising he had been done and Chadwick was about to sprint clear, pretty much wrestled him to the ground. It wasn't only an obvious, quite blatant foul by Harrison, it had to be a straightforward yellow card, yet she gave the free-kick Alty's way. I couldn't believe my eyes..

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2021, 03:52:02 PM »

did you ask her why she had given the decision that way?

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2021, 04:14:49 PM »

I didn't, actually. It wasn't exactly a game-changer, so there didn't seem much point. Might have been interesting, though - can't imagine what the explanation would have been!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »

if refs gave press conferences we'd have a better understanding of how they see things, and they would have a better understanding of what we expect from them.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2021, 07:16:29 PM »

if refs gave press conferences we'd have a better understanding of how they see things, and they would have a better understanding of what we expect from them.

I often think that about wives / husbands
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2021, 12:07:55 AM »

I often think that about wives / husbands

I always knew how my second wife saw things, and what she expected of me. She never quite had her expectations fulfilled.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Away