PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Halifax Match Thread  (Read 11328 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2020, 02:10:46 PM »

Another tough but winnable away fixture.

Similar starting 11 with Blyth in for Peers and Moult in for Richman (harsh on Richman)

Halifax 1-1 Alty (Hancock)

Going to miss the Three Pigeons as much as the live action

Amended just for you, ATS
Full time and proud of it

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2020, 02:24:25 PM »

Confirmed Team...

TT
Senior
Holgate
Hannigan
Connor

Moult
Smith

Kosylo
Hancock
Ceesay

Peers

Subs: Densmore, Richman, Colclough, Mooney, Blyth...

COYR!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2020, 05:03:51 PM »

Thought we should have won that in the second half today....

Difficult clutch of games coming up now...

Onwards and upwards

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2020, 05:09:00 PM »

We were worth a draw, but I didn't think we did enough to win.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2020, 05:33:38 PM »

Some good stuff in part but at times we were positively pedestrian.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2020, 05:55:58 PM »

Shouldn't have lost that. However the team we had out at the end probably is how we should carry on the season. Just need to find a place for Kosylo as well.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2020, 06:38:13 PM »

Frustrating, as although we were undeniably very poor defensively today, we should still have come away from there with a point, as they looked equally suspect at the back. Alas, Colclough has missed a sitter in the final 10 minutes.

Peers was anonymous and Blyth made no discernible impact. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the quest to identify a significant replacement for Hulme persists.

Jeff King looked lively for them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:40:57 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2020, 07:42:46 PM »

Frustrating, as although we were undeniably very poor defensively today, we should still have come away from there with a point, as they looked equally suspect at the back. Alas, Colclough has missed a sitter in the final 10 minutes.

Peers was anonymous and Blyth made no discernible impact. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the quest to identify a significant replacement for Hulme persists.

Agree with all that. Thought Mooney looked excellent when he came on too. We’ll be on the back foot at Stockport on Friday so will need to be very sharp at both ends, more so than we were today. I note on their forum and on the stream commentary we are getting plenty of compliments off the ‘Fax fans which is always good to see. I also thought we should have had a penalty towards the end, it certainly looked like one on the video.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2020, 07:49:47 PM »

Agree with all that. Thought Mooney looked excellent when he came on too. We’ll be on the back foot at Stockport on Friday so will need to be very sharp at both ends, more so than we were today. I note on their forum and on the stream commentary we are getting plenty of compliments off the ‘Fax fans which is always good to see. I also thought we should have had a penalty towards the end, it certainly looked like one on the video.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1343601758220787714

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2020, 08:03:42 PM »

Difficult watch as so zoomed out, but agree with most comments, thought we deserved at least a point. Can't comment on there penalty as couldn't see the incident on the stream, thought we should have had one late on for a clear handball. Colclough should have equalised as well.

Really caught cold at beginning of second half for there goal, so frustrating. Tom gives 100% but in this league is far better coming off the bench in my opinion. Hopefully the striker position will be resolved soon with existing players or new blood.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2020, 11:41:40 AM »

That's 1 point from six points with Peers starting in the past week. He was good enough to beat a midtable regional league side like Chester which perhaps shows his level.

Compared that to 15 from 18 from the previous 6 league games.

Blyth or Cisse need to start on Saturday.

I'd have liked to see Tom Peers come on around 70 minutes and bully the defenders for 20 minutes; let Blyth or Cisse stretch them.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2020, 11:54:39 AM »

Another tough but winnable away fixture.

Similar starting 11 with Blyth in for Peers and Moult in for Richman (harsh on Richman)

Halifax 1-1 Alty (Hancock)

Going to miss the Three Pigeons as much as the live action
I had to think a short while about the last sentence before the penny dropped. I was trying to recall seeing three resident pigeons sitting on the roof of the stand opposite. Only drawback, if it is one, was decide which superb ale to choose and getting served on match days. Getting double rounds helped. Then remembering which direction the ground was when leaving.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2020, 12:11:39 PM »

Shouldn't have lost that. However the team we had out at the end probably is how we should carry on the season. Just need to find a place for Kosylo as well.

Kozzy's our 'Bruno Fernandes' in terms of the impact he's made and what he demands of others - let's make him Number 10 and stick Hanks up top where he'll be more prolific than any of our other strike options. Colclough and Mooney as inverted wingers, Blyth as our Kyle Perry option, and Ceesay / Peers off the bench too.

I actually thought we looked like a team that were part time with only 48 hours rest - we've certainly played worse but can't complain too much at the outcome. Their 2nd and 3rd were both very well taken and we certainly allowed them far too much space.

As long as we don't suffer too many more injuries, we've got terrific squad depth now I think.

Jeff King was excellent for them and the lad on loan from Hull, Chadwick, looked a class act too.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2020, 06:17:48 PM »

Is Kosylo available ? According to John Laidlar's site his booking at Halifax was his fifth.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2020, 07:56:30 PM »

Is Kosylo available ? According to John Laidlar's site his booking at Halifax was his fifth.

I don't think he is, but not 100% sure
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Match Thread