PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Strikers  (Read 28835 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2021, 01:06:02 PM »

First three games he played, we got a decent return of 7 points. His next five games saw defeats.

Not fair to draw any conclusions from the points tally, but I guess he was worth a punt and the search continues
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2021, 01:19:28 PM »

What's the status of Adarabioyo?
If he's still injured, now Harrison has left, as Hashtag says, we only have Peers as a striker unless Piggott is almost ready?
Makes you wonder if someone else is being sourced behind the scenes. I hope so.
If that is the case, perhaps Adarabioyo could be the next to leave? This might leave something in the budget to fund a new arrival who could start as a number nine.
Of course this is all pure speculation but interesting.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2021, 01:38:52 PM »

Link to confirmation Byron has left..

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/byron-leaves-robins

Last I heard Fis was injured and building up to getting playing again. Maybe a second wind will leave room to impress. although how does he get match fit? Unless he plays.

Maybe a newcomer is on the way....

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2021, 01:57:48 PM »

Shaun Goater seen in tesco
Bernard Taylors barmy army

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2021, 02:16:13 PM »

What's the status of Adarabioyo?
If he's still injured, now Harrison has left, as Hashtag says, we only have Peers as a striker unless Piggott is almost ready?
Makes you wonder if someone else is being sourced behind the scenes. I hope so.
If that is the case, perhaps Adarabioyo could be the next to leave? This might leave something in the budget to fund a new arrival who could start as a number nine.
Of course this is all pure speculation but interesting.
If we've another striker solution in the pipeline he has to be primed and ready to go. If he turns out to be crocked we are going to have to redesign our stadium plans to incorporate a much enlarged treatment room in order to cope. 😂

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2021, 02:23:20 PM »

Byron Harrison has been released by Altrincham after a three-month stay at The J.Davidson Stadium. From OS.

Is that same Byron that wasn't deemed good enough by fans who were then told we didn't get football?

Its a worry if Peers is our only fit striker.

You rarely go wrong if you take an average of opinions across the fan forum of a club that have had players previously.

With Harrison, well... it was pretty conclusive.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2021, 05:08:58 PM »

I'm amazed so many clubs have given him a try. There must be some good Youtube videos of him out there somewhere.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2021, 05:13:01 PM »

Byron Harrison has been released by Altrincham after a three-month stay at The J.Davidson Stadium. From OS.

Is that same Byron that wasn't deemed good enough by fans who were then told we didn't get football?

You mean the same fans that wrote off Hancock as not good enough for the conference or that Kosylo was a liability? As supporters we're all brash and often rush into a quick judgement of players. Tom Hannigan was written off straight away as was Nicky Clee too I seem to remember. Obviously on this occasion it hasn't worked out but it wouldn't have been the first time Phil has taken someone that hasn't fired somewhere else or that has lost their way and turned them into a proper player.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2021, 06:04:44 PM »

You mean the same fans that wrote off Hancock as not good enough for the conference or that Kosylo was a liability? As supporters we're all brash and often rush into a quick judgement of players. Tom Hannigan was written off straight away as was Nicky Clee too I seem to remember. Obviously on this occasion it hasn't worked out but it wouldn't have been the first time Phil has taken someone that hasn't fired somewhere else or that has lost their way and turned them into a proper player.

Harrison is a decent, honest, hardworking player, held the ball up well and often brought the 7, 10 & 11 into play. Parkie always seemed happy with his performance.
Alas, just not the goalscorer we needed!

I wish him well.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2021, 06:40:51 PM »

You rarely go wrong if you take an average of opinions across the fan forum of a club that have had players previously.

With Harrison, well... it was pretty conclusive.

Harrison spent a total of 477 minutes in an Alty shirt without ever looking like scoring a goal.

His extraordinary and lamentable miss at Barnet will at least live in the memory, as he is certainly not destined to be elevated to the status of 'Alty legend'.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2021, 06:57:34 PM »

I'm sure everyone at Alty will wish Byron well and thank him for his efforts. Saying that, it was absolutely the right decision to release him.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2021, 12:11:01 AM »

Stockport have just signed Paddy Madden from Fleetwood. A big statement of intent apparently although may push a couple of their strikers down the pecking order

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2021, 12:12:29 AM »

[quote author=Altyrocket link=topic=25119.msg299263#msg299263 date=1615811202 in

You mean the same fans that wrote off Hancock as not good enough for the conference or that Kosylo was a liability?

I seem to have been somewhat misunderstood as regards Kosylo. I wasn't suggesting that he was in any way a poor player. However, his disciplinary record is a real worry. Opponents know how easy it is to wind him up. At least twice this season he's been substituted because he'd become angry - when he goes off we have to reshuffle. When he's suspended we have to find someone else to do his job - and that isn't an easy call.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2021, 08:27:43 AM »

You mean the same fans that wrote off Hancock as not good enough for the conference or that Kosylo was a liability?

I seem to have been somewhat misunderstood as regards Kosylo. I wasn't suggesting that he was in any way a poor player. However, his disciplinary record is a real worry. Opponents know how easy it is to wind him up. At least twice this season he's been substituted because he'd become angry - when he goes off we have to reshuffle. When he's suspended we have to find someone else to do his job - and that isn't an easy call.
[/quote]

That's exactly where I was coming from too.

Regarding Stockport's new signing their fans were moaning about a lack of firepower up front just before their 0 - 5 victory last week. They seem to have a similar problem to us.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2021, 09:06:55 AM »

Let's hope we get a similar outcome tonight then! 😊😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers