PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Strikers  (Read 27905 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 01:41:07 PM »

It's a real dilemma albeit a pleasant one.
I think the team you picked is a great one but I also don't think I could leave Kosylo out.
We've not had problems like this for a while! 😉

Agreed and maybe just Hampson over White

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 01:46:46 PM »

Ceesay up front is fine for me. I think he might be a better striker than a wing man as very little has come of his wing play. Mooney and Colclough are far more effective in the wide bits. my first choice team at the moment would be;

Thompson
Senior
White
Hannigan
Mullarkey
Moult
Mooney
Smith
Ceesay
Hancock
Colclough

with Kosylo being interchangable with Mooney, Ceesay, Hancock or Colclough if needs be or on rotation.

Mullarkey made a huge differnce when he came on. He gives the impression that even when picking up the ball on the edge of our own 18 yard box his head is up and looking where the goal is.

My first choice would be :-

Thompson

Senior
Hampson
Hannigan
Mullarkey

Moult
Smith

RW Kosylo
LW Colclough
No.10 Hancock
ST Ceesay

Not much in Hampson or White but I do think Connor defends and attacks slightly better than White.

Sutton is very good but Mullarkey has the pace.

Kosylo would be my first choice wide player. He gets us up the pitch as seen on numerous occasions already. Then you just can't leave the quality of Colclough out. Unfortunately Mooney loses out but top player to bring on. All the wide players will get decent minutes.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 01:48:32 PM »

Surprised about MacDonald. I expect a couple more to go before end of Jan.

Ceesay defo pick of the bunch to play up top.

Full time and proud of it

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 01:53:01 PM »

The story on this seems to have been removed from the official website and Twitter...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »

Still on JL site that Blyth and Mcdonald have gone.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 04:01:06 PM »

Still on JL site that Blyth and Mcdonald have gone.
Gone now.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 06:04:30 PM »

I wonder if Harrison Holgate went back to Fleetwood because Joey Barton was about to be sacked?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 06:09:41 PM »

I wonder if Harrison Holgate went back to Fleetwood because Joey Barton was about to be sacked?

Think he went back because Liverpool recalled a CB they'd loaned to Fleetwood.
Full time and proud of it

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2021, 07:58:08 PM »

Was this announced? I hadn't heard

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 08:03:47 PM »

On JL site two days ago

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 10:06:05 PM »

Ceesay up front is fine for me. I think he might be a better striker than a wing man as very little has come of his wing play. Mooney and Colclough are far more effective in the wide bits. my first choice team at the moment would be;

Thompson
Senior
White
Hannigan
Mullarkey
Moult
Mooney
Smith
Ceesay
Hancock
Colclough

with Kosylo being interchangable with Mooney, Ceesay, Hancock or Colclough if needs be or on rotation.

Mullarkey made a huge differnce when he came on. He gives the impression that even when picking up the ball on the edge of our own 18 yard box his head is up and looking where the goal is.

My first choice would be :-

Thompson

Senior
Hampson
Hannigan
Mullarkey

Moult
Smith

RW Kosylo
LW Colclough
No.10 Hancock
ST Ceesay

Not much in Hampson or White but I do think Connor defends and attacks slightly better than White.

Sutton is very good but Mullarkey has the pace.

Kosylo would be my first choice wide player. He gets us up the pitch as seen on numerous occasions already. Then you just can't leave the quality of Colclough out. Unfortunately Mooney loses out but top player to bring on. All the wide players will get decent minutes.

I love all of Colclough, Hancock, Kosylo and Mooney - all of whom are more technically strong and retain the ball much more effectively than Ceesay.

I'd still be curious to see one of the last combinations we haven't tried - Kosylo in 10 and Hancock up front.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 10:12:18 PM »

All great options but I think we need Ceesay's pace up top. Already charged two keepers down. Plus with those long legs he will get players booked. No harm in giving him a few straight games up top, especially as we have the wide players back.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2021, 11:45:17 PM »

I'm with Marple Alty on this one. It makes more sense to me to have Hanks at 9 and Kosy at 10 and then rotate 2 of Mooney, Ceesay and Colclough out wide.
For me, it would be White over Hampson unless it was tactically advantageous to select a more attacking full back - White is a far superior defender in my view.
Selecting 2 out of Sutton, Hannigan and Mullarky is impossible, completely impossible.
Luckily, Smith and Moult select themselves - would love it now if Smith committed for the season - come on Ali.
Never thought I'd live to say this and I hope it's not tempting fate, but I reckon TT has been the best keeper I've seen in the league this season!
Some great selection dilemmas for a great manager.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2021, 11:28:46 AM »

Was interesting the read the Halifax forum (their lot have always seemed quite measured to be honest) prior to our game, and go back to the thread discussing Kosylo when he signed for us - that he clearly thrives from being the 'main man' - I think he'd be in his element at No10 and I think it would be great to have such a combative one too.

The argument around Ceesay is a fair one - I think he'd have even more impact against tired legs for half an hour, whether that's on the wing or up front, as you say - we now have the fluidity to do things like move Hancock between 9&10, and Kozzy between 10 & the wing, give the opposition new things to think about with different players and styles in the 2nd half.

Brilliant dilemma to have, and I can't remember us having such a luxury before.

Also worth mentioning we have Sean Williams to come back, who I've always been a big fan of.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2021, 11:56:05 AM »

You would think one of them would be good enough to stake  a claim to challenging Tom  as first choice striker .So far none of them have but Blyth does have a half decent pedigree as does Harrison .If they dont work out have Fylde got any strikers we could get on loan ?
Fylde have got this guy called Hulme. Bit of an unknown quantity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers