PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Strikers  (Read 27921 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 12:10:03 PM »

You would think one of them would be good enough to stake  a claim to challenging Tom  as first choice striker .So far none of them have but Blyth does have a half decent pedigree as does Harrison .If they dont work out have Fylde got any strikers we could get on loan ?
Fylde have got this guy called Hulme. Bit of an unknown quantity.

Does Blyth have a track record. 15 goals in 9 season after leaving county football doesn't strike me (excuse the pun) as prolific? - that's less than Simon Richman (19 goals since 2012 season)

A decent season in Midland, an okay season in the Midland prem and then a good season in the SPL.

Parky needs to stop relying on broken players and find a proper replacement; the higher you go the bigger the margin in player quality. You can tinker in the NPL and get players up to speed over a few weeks, they'll get found up quicker.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:16:23 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2021, 01:34:22 PM »

Was interesting the read the Halifax forum (their lot have always seemed quite measured to be honest) prior to our game, and go back to the thread discussing Kosylo when he signed for us - that he clearly thrives from being the 'main man' - I think he'd be in his element at No10 and I think it would be great to have such a combative one too.

The argument around Ceesay is a fair one - I think he'd have even more impact against tired legs for half an hour, whether that's on the wing or up front, as you say - we now have the fluidity to do things like move Hancock between 9&10, and Kozzy between 10 & the wing, give the opposition new things to think about with different players and styles in the 2nd half.

Brilliant dilemma to have, and I can't remember us having such a luxury before.

Also worth mentioning we have Sean Williams to come back, who I've always been a big fan of.

All about opinions but Kosylo drives us up the pitch and I feel that we would miss that with him as No.10.

Plus Hancock on his game is our best No.10.

I think Ceesay is getting better and fitter each game and he brings something totally different to the team.

With Kossy driving us, Hancock linking play, Ceesay up top closing down or even stretching CB's out wide to open up gaps for the others to drive into and the class above of Colclough we will cause every team we play a load of issues throughout 90mins.

Fan of Mooney but he is sometimes rash and reminds me of a dog chasing a ball. At times against Stockport in that first half he was back in defence before Moult and Smith on their attacks and that is not what we need.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:40:44 PM by oneedham »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2021, 01:52:03 PM »

You would think one of them would be good enough to stake  a claim to challenging Tom  as first choice striker .So far none of them have but Blyth does have a half decent pedigree as does Harrison .If they dont work out have Fylde got any strikers we could get on loan ?
Fylde have got this guy called Hulme. Bit of an unknown quantity.
I was a big big fan of Jordan but I'm afraid, like when the question of JJ returning arose, I believe we've moved on since then.
Jordan was immense for us but he wanted to move, we let him, and we've all moved on now.
Let's cherish the memories and leave it at that.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2021, 02:26:05 PM »

The problem in replacing jordon is the same as the reason he left in the first place. Good players want to be full time to improve and be the best they can. It’s all well and good saying we need to get a proper replacement but we have to fish in the part time pool and that has limited talent in it.  Ceesay may well be the best option out there

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »

It feels to me as if we play a different style without Jordan, i'm not sure thats because hes not there or because of the change in attacking midfielders.  If he ever became available i'd have him back no problem, i'm really not too sure what we are looking for in a striker, if its simply to put the ball in the net ceesays goals vs stockport were very good
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 03:26:56 PM »

The problem in replacing jordon is the same as the reason he left in the first place. Good players want to be full time to improve and be the best they can. It’s all well and good saying we need to get a proper replacement but we have to fish in the part time pool and that has limited talent in it.  Ceesay may well be the best option out there

Cisse was a FT footballer. Sutton was a FT footballer - albeit it on the way down.

We've not even looked at loan players - which given our record with loan signing (which is pretty impeccable) I thought would be the obvious option - even if we had to use the cash to subsidise a player.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2021, 02:15:00 PM »

Blyth and McDonald have been released - see Club site.

So what's the latest on this "news"?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2021, 03:54:08 PM »

Cisse was a FT footballer. Sutton was a FT footballer - albeit it on the way down.

We've not even looked at loan players - which given our record with loan signing (which is pretty impeccable) I thought would be the obvious option - even if we had to use the cash to subsidise a player.

I've had conversations with Wrexham and Chester fans before about the part/full time issue.
As full time non-league clubs they are fishing at the very bottom of the pool of full time players. As an optimistic Alty fan I would say we are no worse off fishing at the top of a pool of players who, for whatever reason, prefer part time football. Its got us into a league populated by predominantly full time clubs at the moment.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2021, 09:48:19 PM »

Long term that might be true but dislodging someone at the top of the part time tree mid season is a lot harder than picking up players looking for a game at the bottom of the full time pile as we have seen with some other mid season signings in this league

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2021, 11:10:11 AM »

I've had conversations with Wrexham and Chester fans before about the part/full time issue.
As full time non-league clubs they are fishing at the very bottom of the pool of full time players. As an optimistic Alty fan I would say we are no worse off fishing at the top of a pool of players who, for whatever reason, prefer part time football. Its got us into a league populated by predominantly full time clubs at the moment.

I would much rather we had the pick of the best part-time players than the worst of the full-time ones. I think the best part-time players are more motivated. Just a feeling.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2021, 11:11:55 AM »

I would much rather we had the pick of the best part-time players than the worst of the full-time ones. I think the best part-time players are more motivated. Just a feeling.

I think sometimes though if the job they take is to make ends meet and a number of players would do either
Bernard Taylors barmy army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2021, 12:53:31 PM »

The lad Cardwell at Chorley looks decent.

Big and strong, holds up well but has a good touch too.

Difficult to evaluate a player from highlights but watching whole game today he looks better than okay

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2021, 02:16:15 PM »

The lad Cardwell at Chorley looks decent.

Big and strong, holds up well but has a good touch too.

Difficult to evaluate a player from highlights but watching whole game today he looks better than okay

Only managed 1 goal in 39 games at Grimsby.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2021, 03:48:21 PM »

Blyth and McDonald have been released - see Club site.
So what's the latest on this "news"?

Have I missed it, or has there been nothing more on this item?

Actually, I'm not quite sure who's still with us as strikers apart from Fis, Peers and Harrison and on what terms (i e. Contract / loan / short term deal / just training with us etc)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2021, 04:49:28 PM »

I think signed and just training with us are effectively the same thing as if PP ever wants to look at them in a game they have to be signed up. Doesn’t mean we are paying more than expenses though. I think the signed on a short term deal type announcement is really only a mid season trialist.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers