PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Strikers  (Read 27908 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2021, 05:14:23 PM »

Yes but who's still here and who isn't? I think that's what I was getting at.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2021, 11:24:52 AM »

I can pick this one up as I don't want anyone getting frustrated with the lack of information.

Strikers that are with the club presently: Tom Peers, Fisayo Adarabioyo, Byron Harrison, Lewis Salmon

Jacob Blyth and Jamie McDonald are indeed no longer with the club.

An article was posted 04/01 publicising this information. The article was removed, along with the social media posts.

I hope they won't mind me saying that this was at the request of the management team, and it was done as to not hinder the players' chances of finding another club or do them a disservice. The club's media team facilitated this request.

I suppose being 'released' mid season can put a negative slant on what was effectively a trial with Altrincham, as Phil Parkinson alluded to in a recent post match interview.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2021, 11:30:36 AM »

Thanks for that Andrew. Much appreciated 👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2021, 12:21:46 PM »

Thanks for the update.
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2021, 01:45:50 PM »

I can pick this one up as I don't want anyone getting frustrated with the lack of information.

Strikers that are with the club presently: Tom Peers, Fisayo Adarabioyo, Byron Harrison, Lewis Salmon

Jacob Blyth and Jamie McDonald are indeed no longer with the club.

An article was posted 04/01 publicising this information. The article was removed, along with the social media posts.

I hope they won't mind me saying that this was at the request of the management team, and it was done as to not hinder the players' chances of finding another club or do them a disservice. The club's media team facilitated this request.

I suppose being 'released' mid season can put a negative slant on what was effectively a trial with Altrincham, as Phil Parkinson alluded to in a recent post match interview.

Cheers for the update mate.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »

Yes, thanks for the update - very useful.

As discussed previously, Byron Harrison has probably done enough in his brief flashes to show he might have some promise yet.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2021, 08:26:17 PM »

Jacob Blyth has got fixed up with a new club quickly enough as he has just joined Gateshead, although he wasn't involved in their 16 when they beat Guiseley this evening.

https://www.gateshead-fc.com/news/jacob-blyth-joins-2595339.html

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2021, 09:22:37 PM »

Feel today's result has ended our playoff chances but I am hoping we continue with our strongest 11 each week.

I believe we can make the playoffs next season but it is very obvious we need to cut out the cheap goals and finish the numerous chances we create.

We need to clear out all strikers apart from Piggott and bring in a proven goalscorer at the very least.

In the meantime we should give Hanks a go up top, Hardy no.10 with Colclough and Kossy out wide.

Hardy deserves some game time, he looks very comfortable and it is just ridiculous how Ceesay and Peers are getting chances ahead of him.

Ceesay has been very underwhelming this season. Confidence has gone but doesn't help playing him right. He is poor at cutting in and his strength is going on the outside of defenders with pace.

Peers plays with all the effort in the world but he is a level too high. The likes of Harrison and Fis are way way off.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2021, 09:43:19 PM »

I just wonder if Hardy is (match) fit yet (as with Piglett), which is why he's not getting as much game time as we'd like.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2021, 08:57:11 AM »

(proven goalscorer) , Piggott, Peers.

If we sign an out and out goalscorer, I'm happy to keep Peers as option 3, 20 minutes, Fa trophy, CSC.

Too much hype around Pigott given the minutes he's played so far.

Peers must not start in the national league. We've yet to win a game when he starts. It's nearly Easter. It's dangerous.

It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2021, 09:05:11 AM »

It's tough at the moment, because we have at least 4 (possibly 5) forward players who are unable to contribute for us but have absolutely nowhere to go given the annulment of lower level football.
Surely we need to make the best of what we have available. It's got to be Hanks at 9. Nothing else makes any sense. Kysolo can play at 10. Colclough is our best striker by a country mile and Hardy and Mooney can fight for the other position. We've got to stop mucking about with players who have either nothing or very little to offer or we're not going to get many more points.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2021, 09:31:10 AM »

It's tough at the moment, because we have at least 4 (possibly 5) forward players who are unable to contribute for us but have absolutely nowhere to go given the annulment of lower level football.
Surely we need to make the best of what we have available. It's got to be Hanks at 9. Nothing else makes any sense. Kysolo can play at 10. Colclough is our best striker by a country mile and Hardy and Mooney can fight for the other position. We've got to stop mucking about with players who have either nothing or very little to offer or we're not going to get many more points.

Yes. That's about the strength of it.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2021, 09:01:29 AM »

I agree with this 100%. I actually think Kosylo's combative style at No10 works better at this level anyway. Nothing to say you can't slot Hancock back in there later in games when we need to take Kosylo off to simmer down!

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2021, 12:26:42 PM »

Byron Harrison has been released by Altrincham after a three-month stay at The J.Davidson Stadium. From OS.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2021, 12:51:38 PM »

Byron Harrison has been released by Altrincham after a three-month stay at The J.Davidson Stadium. From OS.

Is that same Byron that wasn't deemed good enough by fans who were then told we didn't get football?

Its a worry if Peers is our only fit striker.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strikers