News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This league

Author Topic: This league  (Read 4073 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
This league
« on: January 05, 2021, 10:05:23 PM »

is a very odd one this year.

If I've read it right every team down to 20th place could overtake Alty in 7th by winning their games in hand.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: This league
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 10:22:54 PM »

Probably about right, but only one team can get a max of 3 points a game.

The PPG table is much better
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 09:35:07 AM »

Took a look at the PPG table for the first time last night, has us in 14th (would have been 15th if not for Solihull's late winner v Chesterfield).

That's kinda where I felt we'd probably end up this season, so it's great we're hitting that target with all the injuries we've had.

Interesting that the bottom three are breaking off - expected Dover and Weymouth but maybe not Barnet, although I'm I right in saying they have off-field issues?

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 09:51:34 AM »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »

This ppg table is much more accurate and any talk of the playoffs would require some significant points haul over the coming months.  Also like you said very pleased the bottom 3 look to have broken off.  My interpretation of the league is that apart from torquay all the others are much the same including us, apart from those 3.  Happy with a season of finding out what the league is about, any more is a bonus
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 10:37:00 AM »

This ppg table is much more accurate and any talk of the playoffs would require some significant points haul over the coming months.  Also like you said very pleased the bottom 3 look to have broken off.  My interpretation of the league is that apart from torquay all the others are much the same including us, apart from those 3.  Happy with a season of finding out what the league is about, any more is a bonus

I don't think we're in too much trouble; however, Notss County, Torquay, Eastleigh and Solihull making up 5 of our last 6 games makes for a very tough (or exciting run in)
It's all my fault.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 11:22:40 AM »

Took a look at the PPG table for the first time last night, has us in 14th (would have been 15th if not for Solihull's late winner v Chesterfield).

That's kinda where I felt we'd probably end up this season, so it's great we're hitting that target with all the injuries we've had.

Interesting that the bottom three are breaking off - expected Dover and Weymouth but maybe not Barnet, although I'm I right in saying they have off-field issues?

Not keeping up with the news, just not worth it BUT does anybody know anything about Barnet and off field worries??

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 11:38:33 AM »

Thanks for this. It’s the table I’ll be looking at in the future at least until other teams catch us up on games played (if that ever happens). If the same happens as last season and PPG becomes the final table it’s probably best to use this format anyway. I’ve still got confidence we can move up the PPG table rather than move in the other direction.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 02:10:34 PM »

Good point and actually a ppg table of the last 8 games would look significantly better
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 03:05:54 PM »

Probably about right, but only one team can get a max of 3 points a game.

The PPG table is much better

yeh, i probably didn't phrase it right. any other teams below could overtake alty, not all of them.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This league