PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sutton Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Sutton Match Thread  (Read 22873 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sutton Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »

Thoroughly deserved point for that second half performance, once again showing that our fitness levels as a part time side and the spirit to come back like that. Even the awful commentator who said that we stole a point had to admit that it was a possible goal of the season.

"Anthony," better known as Alistair, Smith was my man of the match and, I thought that, while Byron Harrison didn't have any chances at goal, he looked very useful and held up the ball well.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »

I thought the commentator was probably the gardening pundit because the sports department was closed. He became demented and incompressible during the second half like he'd been hammering the hip flask. It was cold. I hadn't the foggiest what he was going on about other than our goal being unjust. Mute button solved the problem. Radio Robins wasn't in sync unfortunately.

Fully deserved that draw, particularly after taking the game to Sutton United after the interval.

We dominated that second half and created all the chances, including a couple of close-range opportunities for Jake Moult; a one-on-one with the goalkeeper with Ryan Colclough and a thumping shot from Alistair (alias 'Anthony', according to the commentator) Smith, which looked destined for the top corner until a Sutton defender contrived to provide a crucial block.

Mind you, the Sutton United TV commentator declared that: "Altrincham have stolen a point". He was enthusiastic enough but ultimately turned out to be a rather amateurish, prattling buffoon, I'm afraid. 

Ceesay and Hancock were never really at the races. Harrison didn't really have a sniff when he came on.

I thought that Connor Hampson had a poor first half and was possibly at fault for their first goal but, my hat, how he atoned with that glorious 94th-minute thunderbolt!
Straight out of the Clive Freeman textbook.

Incidentally, just how many 'volunteers' did Sutton United have inside that stadium?

Oh, and I never want to see an artificial pitch installed at the J Davidson Stadium.
wouldn’t ever want a pitch like Sutton’s. Perhaps one day they’ll get it right and they’ll be allowed at all levels.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:10:42 PM by rorysgrandad »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2021, 06:49:33 PM »

Least we deserved though as we dominated the second half (credit to their keeper, Boozanus, who was kept busy throughout). 

That was a big difference today. Too many games we've give the opposition keeper little to do.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2021, 07:06:21 PM »

It's such a polarising topic. For me, football in general is a positive in a very dire situation. Without getting into detail, I still go to work all week and watching the Alty livestreams gives me something to look forward too away from what is happening.

Perhaps this is selfish, I'm not sure. I think people need football as a bit of normality during what has been an awful year.
well said sir!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2021, 07:30:37 PM »

It's such a polarising topic. For me, football in general is a positive in a very dire situation. Without getting into detail, I still go to work all week and watching the Alty livestreams gives me something to look forward too away from what is happening.

Perhaps this is selfish, I'm not sure. I think people need football as a bit of normality during what has been an awful year.
well said sir!

Well said indeed!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »

Another excellent result against a top  team.  The lads and management have took to this league like a duck to water.  Credit to one and all..

That goal by Connor was worthy of the cost of the Stream alone.

Onwards and Upwards.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2021, 07:57:49 PM »

I wasn't brave enough to watch the stream, as I thought we'd lose. Each time that happens, we get a result!
I listened on Radio Robins instead and 2nd half we sounded superb.
Can we nick a play off place? It's not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2021, 08:18:45 PM »

Brilliant...they never give up.

Glad government seeing sense and allowing elite sport to continue with protocols. Just need to sort ongoing funding now
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2021, 08:22:17 PM »

Simply outstanding in the second half. The potential of this team is enormous - let's hope Harrison is at least a decent solution to the one gaping hole in an otherwise complete-looking team. He showed promise today.

Hampson's goal will stay with me for the rest of my life. To score a crucial goal with the last kick of the game is great. To score a goal like that is great. For it to be both makes it very special.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »

This team and management should be mega proud. They keep fighting until the end.

I scared my heavily pregnant mrs and the dog with my celebrations. To make it even sweeter, I won £90 by predicting 2-2.

Alty games are what I really look forward to each week.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 08:52:26 PM by oneedham »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2021, 09:27:54 PM »

When was the last time we got a result with the last kick/header of the game?

(Anyone who can't come up with at least one possible answer should be ashamed of themselves)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:32:06 PM by Hale Alty »

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »

First up Warrington Town.  Poole 90+2

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2021, 09:55:00 PM »

First up Warrington Town.  Poole 90+2

https://youtu.be/eglkgB5xjxk?t=546

Not quite the last action of the game.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:57:58 PM by Hale Alty »

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2021, 10:10:29 PM »

Simply outstanding in the second half. The potential of this team is enormous - let's hope Harrison is at least a decent solution to the one gaping hole in an otherwise complete-looking team. He showed promise today.

Hampson's goal will stay with me for the rest of my life. To score a crucial goal with the last kick of the game is great. To score a goal like that is great. For it to be both makes it very special.
Bet it made the trip home on the coach a hell of a lot better for the players 🤪🤪🤪

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2021, 10:15:39 PM »

When was the last time we got a result with the last kick/header of the game?

(Anyone who can't come up with at least one possible answer should be ashamed of themselves)

For a real last-gasp goal, my mind goes back for some reason to a Paul France header which got us a 1-0 win at home to... Yeovil? Early 90s.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sutton Match Thread