PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Out of the trophy?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Out of the trophy?  (Read 12652 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Out of the trophy?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 03:30:53 PM »

The fevered celebrations after Hampson's goal last week don't look that sensible now.

As usual football is just getting a kicking due to it's status as the no 1 sport. If this isn't the case why was Rugby Union allowed to be played at any time during the pandemic with scrums, rucks and mauls all integral parts of the game, involving much more close physical contact than 3 or 4 goal celebrations per game in football? Stringent and regular testing of players is the key point here - imho this should've been tied to the Govt funding package. Instead we have this pathetic distraction tactic from panicked politicians already fearful of the inevitable inquiries into their management of the crisis.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:32:43 PM by JTH »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2021, 05:43:50 AM »

Why are we forfeiting the tie when Havant have four players out with covid?

Same reason it was considered too dangerous for us to watch the Barnton match (but not too dangerous for Chester/Southport/FC Utd/ Dagenham+Redbridge supporters to watch their team)?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2021, 05:46:06 AM »

Don't know the circumstances of their covid cases but H&W are now playing a league match tomorrow so that shows they would have been able to fulfil the Trophy tie. Presumably the rest of their squad is not required to self-isolate under the covid protocols whereas our entire squad is.

Any news of how many of our squad/staff were feeling ill from a virus? Anyone seriously fear for their wellbeing?

Just wondering like...

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2021, 05:48:50 AM »

This stinks in my opinion
Using your detailed knowledge of the particular circumstances of each club, please explain why.

It's a sh*tshow. Is that detailed enough?

Sorry but I'm getting really fed up of our season being wrecked. And I can imagine how South Shields feel...

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2021, 05:53:16 AM »

If we are all being completely honest, playing football at all with the virus raging out of control is a high risk activity. It is a contact sport. On this basis, it's a lottery which clubs are and aren't impacted and it seems to me most clubs will be impacted at some point as long as the games keep on being played. 

Its just plain bad luck it hit us before the Trophy game, but I don't believe it would have been a priority for us - consolidating and attaining a respectable, stable footing in the National League is.  Just imagine how gutting it would have been had we got to Wembley for the first time since 1986, and none of us could go because it was being played behind closed doors.

Ah that virus that we're not supposed to discuss on the Altrincham fc first team forum

Guarantee it'll be back in control come the summer, same as last year (if it was ever out of control...)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2021, 06:10:24 PM »

If we are all being completely honest, playing football at all with the virus raging out of control is a high risk activity. It is a contact sport. On this basis, it's a lottery which clubs are and aren't impacted and it seems to me most clubs will be impacted at some point as long as the games keep on being played. 

Its just plain bad luck it hit us before the Trophy game, but I don't believe it would have been a priority for us - consolidating and attaining a respectable, stable footing in the National League is.  Just imagine how gutting it would have been had we got to Wembley for the first time since 1986, and none of us could go because it was being played behind closed doors.

Ah that virus that we're not supposed to discuss on the Altrincham fc first team forum

Guarantee it'll be back in control come the summer, same as last year (if it was ever out of control...)

Tumbleweed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Out of the trophy?