News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So who's going then...

Author Topic: So who's going then...  (Read 4474 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
So who's going then...
« on: January 30, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »

Surely our squad is a bit on the bloated side now?
I would have thought 21 or 22 would be a good squad size?
It seems like we've got about 26 players including the short term trialists now so can we expect to see some departures?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: So who's going then...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 11:43:08 PM »

Sadly Peers for me..Misses too many easier chances..plus a couple of our other strikers

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:14:26 AM »

Fis, Peers and Harrison.

Sadly Richman, if Williams gets back fit. Simon is a top top squad player but we do have high numbers and we now have Smith, Williams, Moult and Mullarkey for midfield.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 08:48:22 AM »

amazing how conveniently people forget the goals peers scores yet jump on every miss.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 09:18:09 AM »

Simon and peers are both contracted to the end of next season and are still important squad players for me anyway.

Joe replaces Jordan as first choice with peers and ceesay as back up

Moult and Smith first choice with Williams and richman as back up, yes Toby can fill in there but only when suttton and Hannigan are both fit so he can’t be relied on.

Assuming summer numbers were what we wanted smith has replaced Lundstram which we all knew was a hole and joe replaced Jordan. No need to trim the squad other than the trialists

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 10:08:54 AM »

Not often I disagree with you oneedham, but I wouldn't be releasing Simon Richman any time soon. The guy can provide quality cover in a variety of positions. He also works like a Trojan and never complains about anything. Some might say the same about Tom Peers too. For me, Fis (and probably Harrison) should be released.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 10:56:34 AM »

Shame the North is likely finishing, we could do with loaning lads out but retaining their registration

Fis, Gould, Harrison, Richman.

Peers fine for the bench
It's all my fault.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 11:15:25 AM »

I think peers should stay plus one more of harrison or fiz.  Piggott has had a lot of injuries and i think harrison or fiz still have something to give. albeit they need to gain some form.  Just watching the highlights yesterday to remember how good fiz goal was
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »

I think what I'm saying is that we have quite a few players who seem to be in the squad but might have left us. Probably I've missed it. For example :

Curtis Miller (Nantwich) and Lewis Salmon (Stalybridge) are out on loan but their teams have shut down for the season.
Will Hall, Andy Dales, Jamie Mcdonald and Rowan Roache. What's the situation with all of them?
That's without Fisayo and Byron Harrison whose future seems to be under a cloud with the Piggott signing.
PS. Richman and Peers are, to me, valuable members of the squad and weren't part of my original query. I'm surprised that anyone would consider losing them even without their contract situations.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 12:49:23 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 01:02:46 PM »

I think what I'm saying is that we have quite a few players who seem to be in the squad but might have left us. Probably I've missed it. For example :

Curtis Miller (Nantwich) and Lewis Salmon (Stalybridge) are out on loan but their teams have shut down for the season.
Will Hall, Andy Dales, Jamie Mcdonald and Rowan Roache. What's the situation with all of them?
That's without Fisayo and Byron Harrison whose future seems to be under a cloud with the Piggott signing.
PS. Richman and Peers are, to me, valuable members of the squad and weren't part of my original query. I'm surprised that anyone would consider losing them even without their contract situations.

Salmon returned from his loan spell in November. McDonald was released, Roache was on dual registration and primarily plays for Bamber Bridge. Not sure about the others.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 02:00:46 PM »

Dales went back to scun thorpe after a months loan
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 02:03:16 PM by Seth »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 05:21:56 PM »

I'm also surprised the likes of Richman and Peers have been mentioned in this conversation. Simon in particular has been excellent when called upon, and of course Tom has scored some very important, memorable goals for us. Both are great squad options and wouldn't be expected to start every week.

Whilst I think Parky will persist with Harrison for a bit longer and seems pleased with his contribution, I'm not sure it's worth keeping Fis on anymore.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 07:00:18 PM »

Thanks for the info folks. Just Will Hall to find out about now.!
I think fis will be the one to go. That would leave us with two for each position and three keepers.
With the added bonus of a lot of versatility amongst the squad!
Good times.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 07:15:08 PM »

Not often I disagree with you oneedham, but I wouldn't be releasing Simon Richman any time soon. The guy can provide quality cover in a variety of positions. He also works like a Trojan and never complains about anything. Some might say the same about Tom Peers too. For me, Fis (and probably Harrison) should be released.

I am just assumng we need to clear the decks because of wages. If not then I would be keeping Peers and Richman as squad players.

Huge Simon fan, the effort he puts in is second to none.

I would defo be getting rid of Fis and Harrison because we now have Piggott, Ceesay and Peers.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 07:28:56 PM »

We could do a Chesterfield and furlough them. That's not a serious suggestion.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So who's going then...