PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boreham Wood Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Boreham Wood Match Thread  (Read 11131 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Boreham Wood Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2021, 08:37:54 PM »

Most definitely another reality check.
Poor start today
Poor team selection
I don't think the Colclough injury and Hampson sending off counts as team selection!

Alty were well on top before the injury (admittedly that was for about 2 minutes...)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2021, 08:50:23 PM »

we had back luck today,losing ryan so early and the tom de not have a chance to warm up before his first touch.

Bad luck for Ryan but Tom has to come on switched on. Bad misunderstanding with Sutton but he still has to do something to put their forward under pressure. He never looks interested in marking anyone as far as I can see. I'm afraid I've lost patience with him.

I mean, I love strikers like Solskjaer who are always harrying defenders, but realistically, for a part time NL club, having a bit of an eye for goal and getting into good goal-scoring positions will often be enough to get you a game (remember "Landon, 89"?).

As for the Hampson second yellow, I eem to remember that the commentary team had it down as retribution for an earlier incident by a BW player. I didn't realise it was a Hampson foul at first either. I suppose commentators will always make mistakes, same as players.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2021, 09:00:59 PM »

we had back luck today,losing ryan so early and the tom de not have a chance to warm up before his first touch.

Bad luck for Ryan but Tom has to come on switched on. Bad misunderstanding with Sutton but he still has to do something to put their forward under pressure. He never looks interested in marking anyone as far as I can see. I'm afraid I've lost patience with him.

I mean, I love strikers like Solskjaer who are always harrying defenders, but realistically, for a part time NL club, having a bit of an eye for goal and getting into good goal-scoring positions will often be enough to get you a game (remember "Landon, 89"?).

As for the Hampson second yellow, I eem to remember that the commentary team had it down as retribution for an earlier incident by a BW player. I didn't realise it was a Hampson foul at first either. I suppose commentators will always make mistakes, same as players.

As one prominent RR and Alty TV commentator once said; "The turning circle of the QE2!"

But a knack of scoring important goals!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boreham Wood Match Thread