PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 National League meeting today.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: National League meeting today.  (Read 16872 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: National League meeting today.
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2021, 06:27:45 PM »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2021, 09:15:56 PM »

Good for him to sticking to his convictions, but I take it that will be a vote against continuing?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2021, 11:25:55 PM »

What the Dover chairman says is right. The funding of lower echelons clubs through COVID should have been sorted before the season even started, there is enough money slushing around at the higher levels to support the clubs who can’t survive in the current situation.

The votes will go in accordance with where said clubs are in league, ie clubs with a chance of playoffs will vote to continue whilst the clubs down the bottom who are fighting relegation will vote to terminate the season.

Vaccines are great in helping to eliminate the risks of COVID,but be assured things ain’t gonna be anything like normal (full capacity grounds) for a long time to come. The financing of clubs is going to be difficult.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2021, 11:32:14 PM »

One can certainly hope that the vaccines are "great" (and the pharmaceutical companies are exempt from liability if they're not...)

But if they are going to put life on hold every time a new variant comes along until they have a vaccine for it, we could be here a long time. And the vaccine pushers will get very rich...

And if "vaccine passports" are needed to attend sporting events as has been suggested, inevitably there will be those who are unwilling to take these experimental "vaccines" and thus will not attend matches under these circumstances. We are certainly getting the hard sell from the pharmaceutical companies.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:48:37 PM by Hugh »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2021, 10:02:45 AM »

One can certainly hope that the vaccines are "great" (and the pharmaceutical companies are exempt from liability if they're not...)

But if they are going to put life on hold every time a new variant comes along until they have a vaccine for it, we could be here a long time. And the vaccine pushers will get very rich...

And if "vaccine passports" are needed to attend sporting events as has been suggested, inevitably there will be those who are unwilling to take these experimental "vaccines" and thus will not attend matches under these circumstances. We are certainly getting the hard sell from the pharmaceutical companies.

You seem to have forgotten the location of your off-topic thread.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2021, 10:46:51 AM »

No vaccine passports. These are not experimental vaccines. The flu vaccine changes each year. I have one every year, it's a doddle.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2021, 11:34:50 AM »

A Bacofoil helmet would be much more effective though. Love it

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »

Any passport would be an affront to any sort of freedom for vaccines that even the authorities tell us do not stop us catching or spreading the virus and I worry about the short time it took to develop them (normally about 5 years) and the no-liability clause for the big pharma*, but if ppl like Profs Tim Spector and Sunetra Gupta are happy with the vacc that will do for me.
*Astra Zeneca are not making profits from this as theirs costs about £3 a dose!

Having said that, my ex had the vacc a couple of weeks ago and the last time I saw her she looked grotesque and deformed with warts and sores....then I remembered she always looked like that!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2021, 06:00:43 PM »

Kettering Town chairman has revealed he is to attend a disciplinary after not fulfilling their fixture against Chester. Looks like they are going to be the guinea pigs

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2021, 09:45:49 AM »

Interesting statement by Wealdstone. The chairman states that they want to null and void but then goes on to say that they have voted for 1, 2 and 4. I think that will most likely result in 75% being achieved for resolution 1 meaning Tier 1 get to vote for their own destiny at which point more than 50% will vote to carry on.

If they had voted against resolution 1 along with Dover and the teams in National North there is a better chance that resolution 1 would fail in which case resolution 4 would come in to play and Wealdtone would have far more allies from Tier 2.

Can anyone remember whether its one member one vote for resolution 4 or is it back to Tier 1 clubs having a greater say?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »

Sounds hopeful for the season carrying on but you never know some clubs could have voted  the way they  werent expected to .

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2021, 07:19:30 PM »

You seem to have forgotten the location of your off-topic thread.

I suppose you don't have shares in a pharmaceutical company by any chance? You certainly seem keen to defend them, "London" Alty.

You want to trust the corrupt pharmaceutical industry, that's up to you.  But some people would inevitably not sign up to such a scheme, which would hit crowds.

I still maintain that it will be some years, if ever, until crowds ((which had been falling anyway) get back to pre-2020 levels.

And I still maintain that vaccines/Covid etc. is fair game as long as this nonsense is wrecking our season. I'm not the only one commenting on it as you well know. What about the person who said "vaccines are great" - or could it be that you just want to stop people expressing views you disagree with? I heard that's quite popular in London so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:25:12 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2021, 07:35:42 PM »

No vaccine passports. These are not experimental vaccines. The flu vaccine changes each year. I have one every year, it's a doddle.

It may be a doddle, but the fact remains they have been rushed out, people will assume (probably correctly) that any long term effects can't be known yet, and of course, it has been reported that the companies producing them are exempt from liability. Some people will not take them for these and other reasons - I know there is reportedly a deal of suspicion in the "BAME" community for example. And I am only saying what I've heard elsewhere on vaccine passports (which I don't think can realistically be ruled out, and which would inevitably hit crowds to a greater or lesser degree).

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2021, 07:55:31 PM »

You are absolutely right Hugh. With regards to anything there are going to be a spectrum of views and everyone is entitled to their opinion. If people stay away from football because of fears associated with Covid it will be a shame but ultimately it will affect all clubs in respect of gate receipts. The knock on effect is they will have less income to pay players. There will still be the same number of players wanting to be professionals so one way or another they will have to accept a reduced wage.

As an aside there is an article in the Sunday Times  today regarding smart motorways. Outrage is expressed because LAST YEAR 14 people lost their lives as a result of crashes involving stranded cars. I haven't looked up the Covid death toll TODAY but it will be circa 500. It puts things in to perspective. I would like football to be able to have crowds sooner rather than later but I fear there is a way to go yet.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2021, 08:11:57 PM »

I suppose there may be some doubt now though about whether the "pure" pyramid (1-2-4-8-16) will still go ahead - which would be a pity, as it would have made it easier for North East clubs to progress up the pyramid - look at how well Morpeth were doing!

I'm still not convinced that getting rid of emergency lanes during peak times is a good idea - admittedly not something one would have to worry about in my native Aberdeen!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 National League meeting today.