News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Musings

Author Topic: Musings  (Read 3017 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Musings
« on: February 03, 2021, 09:38:27 AM »

Are we, as was said by their commentators last night, a hybrid team of full and part time players? I know when Smith signed it said he was full time. There's a big difference between being a part time player with no other income and full time training.

I have a horrible feeling that Colclough and Smith will move to EFL before we get to them play in the flesh.

Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Musings
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 09:40:05 AM »

Are we, as was said by their commentators last night, a hybrid team of full and part time players? I know when Smith signed it said he was full time. There's a big difference between being a part time player with no other income and full time training.

I have a horrible feeling that Colclough and Smith will move to EFL before we get to them play in the flesh.

Being pragmatic, if they do, we'll reinvest and get even stronger. I echo your sentiment though, I'd love to watch them all in the flesh just now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 10:33:39 AM »

No reason why Smith and Colclough can't be working with Tommy, Ryan, or private coaches in the day time. It's likely FT players do as much in the analysis room and gym as they do on a pitch.
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:52:38 AM »

Aren't they on contact until the end of next season ? Although we know from experience if a club came in for them and they wanted to go it probably mean they would move on .The consolation being a transfer fee.

Martin

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 11:30:59 AM »

Colclough was 18 months from January so if he does leave should be able to get some money for him. On the other hand, his court case still isn't settled but hopefully we don't lose him from that.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 11:44:55 AM »

Colclough was 18 months from January so if he does leave should be able to get some money for him. On the other hand, his court case still isn't settled but hopefully we don't lose him from that.

Court case? Something else that my aging brain has missed.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 11:47:39 AM »

He left SC**thorpe after "attacking" a copper outside Taco Bell. At court hearing, he pleaded not guilty. It goes to trial later in the year.

But prior to this, he's got 3 court cases against him (1 anger management order, 1 bouncer attack, 1 police tasering)
It's all my fault.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 01:05:39 PM »

Nobody doubts your enthusiasm or sincerity Jack, you are a super fan for sure.
Just be nice if you learnt a bit more patience bud  ;)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 01:46:28 PM »

He left SC**thorpe after "attacking" a copper outside Taco Bell. At court hearing, he pleaded not guilty. It goes to trial later in the year.

But prior to this, he's got 3 court cases against him (1 anger management order, 1 bouncer attack, 1 police tasering)

Right. No further comment for me, other than thank you.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Musings