PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Wrexham Match Thread  (Read 19687 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2021, 10:10:17 PM »

Shows how high the standard has been set by the squad that it seems disappointing to lose that- the squad has improved a lot in a short space of time. One or two players might have learned a bit more about the league and what you might not get away with at this level after tonights game.

Possibly didn't have quite the usual sharpness around the opposition box to break down a fairly solid looking Wrexham defence, hence we had a few more long shots than usual (one of which we scored from). Maybe we could have got to the byline/round the back of them more or maybe they didn't let us, dunno.

Overall an entertaining game though. It made sense to warn before hand that the stream might struggle at times rather than surprise everyone and get peoples backs up. To be honest it was only the last few mins when it buffered badly and Wrexham were running the clock down then anyway.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2021, 10:12:02 PM »

2 decent teams. Having 3 missing might have cost us but we still could have won

Onwards and upwards
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2021, 10:19:32 PM »

Frustrating that, I felt early doors and then when we got it back to 1-1 it was there for the taking. We just had a few under par tonight and obviously missed Moult too. Wrexham good on set pieces and had a dangerous front pairing took advantage. Good reminder for everyone after our excellent recent run as to the levels and consistency you need every week.

Credit to FCUM, that pitch looked excellent I have to say-can see why we switched it.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2021, 10:21:34 PM »

Please Mr Chairman, can we have a pitch like that 😋

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2021, 10:43:36 PM »

I thought that we were below par this evening.

White was caught napping for the first goal and Mullarkey was complicit in the build-up to their second goal when his overconfidence led to him being dispossessed (and then, alas, the defending from the ensuing corner was dismal).

Hancock and Kosylo were largely peripheral figures.

I confess that the commentators' adulation of Harrison bewildered me. Yet again he contrived to squander a goalscoring opportunity.

Good shot from Colclough but woeful goalkeeping by Dibble.

All points spot on.

Totally agree, far too many compliments for Harrison. Hardly any sort of threat in any of the games he has played and poor finisher. Just start Joe and let him get match fit with minutes under his belt.

Really missed Jake, Hampson and Mooney's more direct play towards the box.

Onwards and upwards.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2021, 11:36:00 PM »

We need ABH up front - Anyone But Harrison.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2021, 12:00:27 AM »

I dont understand the hostility to Harrison. Watching the game I was agreeing with the commentators - and Parkie always seems happy with him.
I certainly dont think hes a natural goalscorer, but his positional and holding play was good and he brings in other players. Sadly tonight this didn't come to much.

andrewflynn

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2021, 08:36:41 AM »

You can squeeze past Barnet at a 6/10 but not sides at the other end of the table. I don't think we played particularly poorly but you simply get beat at this level if everyone isn't at 100%. An off night unfortunately but the lads can be afforded one, all about the reaction now - and we've generally always reacted well under Phil & Neil.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2021, 09:02:33 AM »

jake being suspended hurt us last night Toby was caught twice dribbling forward and losing the ball,both led to goals,really like him in defence,but when he and smith swap positions like they did twice last night,then toby did not look right for a forward midfield position.
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »

We got giddy. Hopefully this shock the players back to reality.

I disagreed pre match that we shouldn't be playing a Playoff side without Moult and it hurt us big time.

Toby Mallarky has barely played Conference football, and barely played CM (for Altrincham). It was a disaster against Barnet, where we scrapped by, poor last night.

At fault for both goals.

If Torquay was 8,9,10/10, Sutton was 7 or 8 /10. That was a about a 5 or 6 and you get punished for that.

Still not reached 10 goals between all our strikers, which is poor, and the reason Harrison is getting stick is that a CB could do his job up there holding it but he can't lay it off, and he can't finish. Any striker AT conference level should be finishing 1 on 1.

It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2021, 09:30:06 AM »

We got giddy. Hopefully this shock the players back to reality.

I disagreed pre match that we shouldn't be playing a Playoff side without Moult and it hurt us big time.

Toby Mallarky has barely played Conference football, and barely played CM (for Altrincham). It was a disaster against Barnet, where we scrapped by, poor last night.

At fault for both goals.

If Torquay was 8,9,10/10, Sutton was 7 or 8 /10. That was a about a 5 or 6 and you get punished for that.

Still not reached 10 goals between all our strikers, which is poor, and the reason Harrison is getting stick is that a CB could do his job up there holding it but he can't lay it off, and he can't finish. Any striker AT conference level should be finishing 1 on 1.

# I agree with your sentiments, except on the Harrison finish, its never 100% guaranteed, he lacks confidence in that area, lack of confidence lead to a shot the keeper blocked. You see plenty of misses higher up the leagues. Both Fis and Peers have scored from similar situations this season to name but 2. His general play was good. He had other opportunities to shoot but chose not too. Its a confidence thing. Hopefully he'll score sooner rather than later or someone like Joe will step up to the plate when fit. Unlike last night..

Martin

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2021, 09:45:07 AM »

Harrison acts as a good focal point for the attack (which I must admit has improved our play) but seems to have no skill when he has the ball at his feet, wins surprisingly few headers and has now squandered 2 chances he should be scoring.
The faster Piggot is match fit the better as he seemed much more lively in the small cameo he made. I'd keep Byron until the end of the season as back up though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:47:31 AM by Thomas A. Anderson »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2021, 09:46:34 AM »

Like others have said, pitch was excellent, so were the floodlights. Stream was best yet except for last few minutes where went jittery. Commentary from Brian, excellent.

On the game, we started well, but we have to score when so dominant, 5 excellent chances saved I reckon.

Suckered by mistakes and being asleep cost us dearly.

We deserved at least a point, but so many players were not at there usual levels we've come to expect. Still staying positive. I'm sure Phil learnt a few lessons from the game last night on our setup as still on a big learning curve.

Wrexham were probably buoyed by the £2m injection sealed yesterday in the takeover, wonder if Ryan was streaming??

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2021, 10:03:54 AM »

Onwards and upwards

Hope we learn to be as taticla as other clubs and not ring around every pitch in the area for a home game.
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2021, 12:21:11 PM »

Onwards and upwards

Hope we learn to be as taticla as other clubs and not ring around every pitch in the area for a home game.

I still think it was the right decision to play the game. Might have had 4 unavailable for a rearranged date.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread