PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Wrexham Match Thread  (Read 19658 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2021, 06:42:54 PM »

I can understand why 'rental' figures might not be made public and that's ok by me.
Can't stop us guessing though 😉
I think we charged v*cs a couple of grand a time didn't we? That was a good while back so I'd expect it to be at least that and probably more.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2021, 02:42:25 PM »

To answer the couple of questions:-

1) we have indeed cast our vote to continue, and for the NL to be treated separately from the North and South

2) we won't be revealing the details of the deal with FCUM, other than to say it was a deal for a one off game.  We did agree that should we need to do it again, we would do so under the same terms and conditions as for the Wrexham game.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2021, 02:51:28 PM »

Fair enough Bill thanks for the answer.

Any news on Williams returning to action?
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2021, 03:36:13 PM »

To answer the couple of questions:-

1) we have indeed cast our vote to continue, and for the NL to be treated separately from the North and South

2) we won't be revealing the details of the deal with FCUM, other than to say it was a deal for a one-off game.  We did agree that should we need to do it again, we would do so under the same terms and conditions as for the Wrexham game.

Be much more fun if they revealed the votes in the style of 12 points from Eurovision
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2021, 04:22:57 PM »

I think the next set of fixtures will be a bit of a reality check for us.
Yeovil, Chesterfield and Bromley away and Borehamwood at home will be real tests.
After those games we'll have a better idea of where we stand in the greater scheme of things.
Six points would be good, eight or more and we can realistically aspire to the play offs.
I must say that the team/Club has seriously exceeded my expectations this season and I suspect I'm not on my own in feeling that way.
 I just want to caution people not to get critical if things don't go our way. The lads are giving their all out on the field and have pulled up trees for us this year.
Come on you Supers!!

Sadly, looking like I was correct.
But we've got to stick by the lads and management. We haven't become a bad team overnight, we've just had a massive reality check.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2021, 05:39:24 PM »

I think the next set of fixtures will be a bit of a reality check for us.
Yeovil, Chesterfield and Bromley away and Borehamwood at home will be real tests.
After those games we'll have a better idea of where we stand in the greater scheme of things.
Six points would be good, eight or more and we can realistically aspire to the play offs.
I must say that the team/Club has seriously exceeded my expectations this season and I suspect I'm not on my own in feeling that way.
 I just want to caution people not to get critical if things don't go our way. The lads are giving their all out on the field and have pulled up trees for us this year.
Come on you Supers!!

Sadly, looking like I was correct.
But we've got to stick by the lads and management. We haven't become a bad team overnight, we've just had a massive reality check.

Agreed, we were always due a poor run too.

Not sure I agree with the suggestions of needing to recruit - not sure there's any point at this stage unless the right player becomes available.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread