PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leagues
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Leagues  (Read 6686 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Leagues
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 10:56:41 AM »

I think bury and macc would be starting below the conf north anyway probably north prem or even lower.  The consequences of the decision are all over the place, any on loan players in the north and south now become available.  There isnt anywhere to send our players if we want to loan someone out.  Additionally if we end a contract for a player we are effectively leaving them without a team for a long time.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 11:25:54 AM »

It would have to be the North West Counties League for new clubs. Bury's phoenix club is already in the Counties Division 1 North (10th tier) and played 7 games before the season ended. The original Bury still sort of exists as a shell but I doubt it'll ever play again.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 06:43:52 PM »

If this happens there could still be relegation from our league. Hopefully, it will persuade the like of Dover to field a proper team rather than a scratch squad.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 07:45:01 PM »

Breaking

Conf N null and void
Conf National carries on

Source Ollie Baylis

But we're still not allowed to mention vaccines/Covid on here because it obviously has no bearing whatsoever on National League football 2020-21. At least for some of the "London" Alty supporters (and I do value your contribution to this great club, I just don't agree with you on trying to gag people like this).

Oh and I see Chester voted against continuing. At least they've learnt something from their history, I suppose. Too bad they didn't listen to Barrow fans when it mattered. And I should think York won't take kindly to being denied a chance of promotion.

It would be nice to know for certain if any players who were playing at step 2 clubs will become available and in what circumstances, and if the step 2 leagues will definitely bot be decided on ppg - and if so, what the cutoff is for ppg to be applied.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 08:03:13 PM by Hugh »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leagues